Buying Advice top dollar for Ford 641workmaster with lift?

/ top dollar for Ford 641workmaster with lift? #1  

throne

Tractor
none
hi folks, i'm new to this today and have a question about a ford 641 wokmaster with front end loader. dealer wants $6000. i'm thinking to much? year?? she doesn't know. condition, good. also, what weight can the loader safely lift. i have no idea. also, no power steering, comments? thankyou

/ top dollar for Ford 641workmaster with lift? #3  
We really need to know more about condition of tractor, whether the loader bucket is manual trip or hydraulic etc. The 641 was a good tractor in its day but we are talking about a 55 year old tractor. For my cents even if the tractor is in good shape and hydraulic trip loader the tractor isn't worth $6,000. Maybe $3500.

/ top dollar for Ford 641workmaster with lift? #4  
I might start talking to them if the price was about half of what they are asking. A 641 is a good little tractor but it is not worth that price even with a loader.

I think you can find a little newer machine that has features such as live power,power steering and maybe a little more HP for $6k.

/ top dollar for Ford 641workmaster with lift? #5  
In my area you would be lucky to get $3500 for that tractor in parade condition. That is way way too much.

Chris

/ top dollar for Ford 641workmaster with lift?
hey thanks everybody for your quick response. consensus is that $6000 is way too much. then add powersteering etc.. i did make a comment about $4500 but i'm hearing thats still too high. i'll keep looking.

/ top dollar for Ford 641workmaster with lift? #7  
It would cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $1100~1300 to add power steering to that tractor. That price would be if you done the work, not hired.

I keep thinking that I want to add PS to my 861 until I revisit the price.:D

/ top dollar for Ford 641workmaster with lift?
chris, there's aguy in south dak. called Tractor power steering, 605 359 1142, that quoted me around $700. builds them himself and very helpful. you know, i live in sheridan wyo. and there'e like 4 tractor places and all total maybe 10 used tractors. just no selection. so i'm branching out. but this 641 is really clean, thats my only interest. an old guy here with a yard full of old- not running - tractors said very top dollar would be 5 thou. guess i'm in no hurry. i don't have a way to transport anything from too far away. p.s $700. referred to p.s. unit. still unsure what to do.

/ top dollar for Ford 641workmaster with lift? #9  
That is one thing that I didn't consider is availability in your area. I am just going by prices in my area but there are old Ford and other tractors everywhere here. I still don't think I could give $6k for it but that is your choice.

I appreciate the information on the PS kit. That is a better price than I have found in the past. I searched and found his website:

Tractor power steering conversion kit and parts store.

You came here to get information and have already contributed back..:thumbsup:

/ top dollar for Ford 641workmaster with lift? #10  
way too much money. and a loader with no PS likely means the steering is shot.. probably needs kingpin work too.

2 post loaders can be strong.. could likely lift nearly 2000# making rear light. I have an 850 that will lift 1500# no problem and it's a worn claptrap.. ;)

3500$ for a 6xx with laoder is GOOD money... if it was restored.. had poswer steering.. new tires.. etc..e tc. clutch, rebuilt engine.. new brakes .. seals.. etc.. etc. 4500$ would not be out of the realm of possibility..