Buying Advice What size Kubota tractor do I need?

/ What size Kubota tractor do I need? #1  

Theberrypatch

Tractor
1965 Ford New Holland
I'm looking at Kubotas and need some advice. I've got 1 acre right now in a U-Pick Blackberry operation, and need to expand to 3 acres. I need the capability to dig about 100 more post holes, need to turn soil, plow and disc about 50 rows, pull a 500 lb sprayer (when loaded) about 8 times a season, bush-hog, root rake and tow mulch. Also, I've always wanted a front end loader - for the driveway maintenance.
Don't really think I need a full-size tractor when I look at the specs. Looking at the compacts. Anybody got any recomendations for a Kubota that can handle these tasks? I averaged maybe 100 hours a year on my old tractor.

/ What size Kubota tractor do I need? #2  
Lots of choices in the Kubota line.B3300SU is on my list for a second tractor.
I had a L3130(replaced by the L3240),nice all around tractor.My primary is a L4240 HSTC.

/ What size Kubota tractor do I need? #3  
I think any of the kubota B series would suit you just fine. Allthough you didnt say how much plowing you anticipate. You said 50 rows but you didnt say how long they were.

The B-series would be good for a 1-bottom plow and 5' disc with no trouble. They are also small and nimble enough to get around you smallish 3 acres and not feel too big and clumsy.

The L series would pull a 2-bottom easy and a 6 or 7' disc, but may feel too big for other tasks.

The BX, might be too small. They dont lift high enough on the 3PH for a conventional post hole digger.

Look at the B-series and let us know what you think. Even just amoung the B's, there is a pretty good size spread between something like the B2320 and B3030

/ What size Kubota tractor do I need?
Thanks - was looking at the B line.

/ What size Kubota tractor do I need?
The 50 foot rows are approx 100 foot long and only 6 feet wide.
I've actually got 20 acres but only 12 cleared. No plans to clear the rest at this time.
Like your input - yeah was looking at the B line and wondering if that would work. Didn't think 100 plus hours a year that I needed a full size. Got a professional Craftsman mower to mow the patch with a catcher. So, I might not use the tractor 100 hours after the initial ground prep.

/ What size Kubota tractor do I need? #6  
Pretty much in agreement on the B Series. I like the 2360, 3030, 3000, but about any will work.

/ What size Kubota tractor do I need? #7  
Some good size choices in the B lineup -- 2320 on the small end, 2620/2920 in the middle, and 3200 on the big end. There are similar 2630/3030 models with upgraded features. Lots of options and flexibility for size and budget.

/ What size Kubota tractor do I need? #8  
Theberrypatch said:
The 50 foot rows are approx 100 foot long and only 6 feet wide.

B series sounds about right to me too. If you don't already have the plow and disk, I might consider a rototiller. A few passes back and forth prepares a nice planting bed, plus it's so much easier to keep those beds turned over for weed control if you can't plant immediately.

/ What size Kubota tractor do I need? #9  
20 to 30 HP tractor.

FEL (front end loader) would be good counter balance weight, for heavy 3pt equipment. would say "heavy duty bucket" for FEL. you can get a thinner metal wider bucket, that is not really meant for digging or pushing snow. and really only meant for moving mulch. but only time i actually see these buckets are on business were loading mulch into customer trucks or onto trailers. vs moving mulch around.

you may want to get out of the "riding lawn mowers / garden riding lawn mowers" and go with a model that more of a tractor frame. were the belly of the tractor is a few more inches higher off the ground. it may not be much. but if you are plowing and discing, those extra few inches will keep tractor from bottom out in the dirt.

the bigger framed tractors that set higher off the ground in the SCUT and CUT (sub compact utilty tractors, and compact utilty tractors) will more likely also have more "weight" to them. that will help you pull plow and disc better. you might want to see about have rear tires filled with a liquid for a little more weight in the rear end. for better pulling.

i would say go for 2 rear hydrualic rear ports. for various 3pt hitch equipment. 1 most likely do this or that. but that second one, you may get a bigger discount on when buying. vs adding it on latter.

having upper front and rear working lights. that are high on the machine helps a good amount. from dealing with snow in winter, to being able to work the tractor a couple more hours rest of the year. to just being able to work right till sun goes down, and then spend that last half hour putting things away. those lights really do help.

you might want to look into the extras for 3pt hitch, various extra chains / sway bars. so you do not tear up the 3pt hitch. plowing, discing, bush hogging.

been to long i do not remember correct terms, but you might want to look into "draft control", "float", and weight transfering 3pt hitch adjusters. most of it is in the valves / levers. but some of it requires a sensor or like on the 3pt hitch. and hopefully built for the tractor. it makes life easier. vs consonantly bashing the 3pt hitch lever to raise and lower.

you might be able to rent a tractor, or 3pt implements. by asking local tractor dealers. or simply going down the road and asking some farmers.

/ What size Kubota tractor do I need? #10  
I have had a Kubota B7800 for several years and have been very happy with it. I suggest that a tractor without a FEL is almost as bad as a shotgun without a shell. The FEL is my first choice for an implement. I added a Woods Brothers post hole drill, and I absolutely love it. We farmed for almost 30 years, and dug more post holes by hand than I care to think about. All hard clay ground. Now that we have retired, I drill post holes for fencing, to help family members on their projects, and highly reccomend this attachment. We added a carry all attachment for the 3 pt. hitch, and it turns the tractor into a small truck. Great for bringing fire wood in from our woods, general moving work around here, and if you get one, you will find all sorts ways to put one to work. You know your options for tillage and what will fit your operation, best. Consider loading your tires, One last thought, how well you like any product is also helped or hurt by how good the local dealer takes care of you. All dealers, with any kind of product, are not all equal. Ask customers if they are happy with the local dealer, you may want to go a little further from home to do business with a better dealer.