Tractor
    Kubota MX-5100

Default BH92 vs BH90A

I'm backhoe shopping & already read a few threads here. I've always found great info here but this is my first post.

Looking at the BH92 or BH90A for my machine - dealer has them both available. The BH90A is a 2011 model; price quoted is $7250 ... BH90 quoted at $8250; both come with new warranties. I can probably get the price down a bit. Any disadvantage to going with the older model? Sure would be nice to save $1K right off the top. Prices quoted come without mechanical thumb; that option would be nice but probably not required for my needs.

BH will be used for typical farm chores ... trenching water/power lines, digging footings, and of course digging out the kids creek swimming hole

Thanks!

Industry, Pa- - 5 mi. north of Ohio River
    Tractor
    Kioti DS4510, Ford '48 8N, Ford '53 Jubilee, Power King 1614

Default Re: BH92 vs BH90A

Quote Originally Posted by avodahfarm View Post
    I'm backhoe shopping & already read a few threads here. I've always found great info here but this is my first post.

Looking at the BH92 or BH90A for my machine - dealer has them both available. The BH90A is a 2011 model; price quoted is $7250 ... BH90 quoted at $8250; both come with new warranties. I can probably get the price down a bit. Any disadvantage to going with the older model? Sure would be nice to save $1K right off the top. Prices quoted come without mechanical thumb; that option would be nice but probably not required for my needs.

BH will be used for typical farm chores ... trenching water/power lines, digging footings, and of course digging out the kids creek swimming hole

Thanks!
    First, To TBN. As to your question, since both are new BH There should be no problem going with the older one. They should both have new item warranties on them. Be sure you get the warranty. If you find out down the road that you need the mechanical thumb, you can always get it then. There are several manufacturers out there and you can alway shop for the best one for your operation. Good Luck

Tom
    Kioti 2012 DS4510 with FEL
    Ford 1948 8N
    Ford 1953 Jubilee
    Power King 1614
    Various 3 pt. equipment
    Sold: Ford 1946 2N, Kioti 2011 DS3510

Tractor
    Kubota MX-5100

Correction on the quoted prices: BH90A is $7250 & BH92 is $8250. If both come with a new warranty, do you see any reason (that I ain't seeing!) to pay an extra 1000 bucks? I looked for BH90A reviews ... seems that the later model BH90s (designated w/ an A?) have been reliable/solid attachments, but then again, kubota found a reason to come out with a BH92.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    SSTT (Sideways Snake Tain Tractor) and STB (sideways train box) tractor, dirt harvester

do a search here on the forum. i remember seeing a few threads, with kubuta backhoes, of hoses getting pinched and ripped apart, to i want to say boom on backhoe cracking, i want to say it was only a certain model. but i may be wrong.

if you go third party, example from "woods" make sure to get a subframe that fits your tractor and backhoe. beyond that. not much else to add. beyond length of reach.
    Ryan