Buying Advice East Texas Dealer?

/ East Texas Dealer? #1  

Kennygee

Tractor
Bobcat CT-230
O.K. So this is my first post after doing about a months reading here in my free time. THANKS to all of You who take the time to respond to questions such as mine! We have recently purchased 11 ac. of oak trees in the New Boston area, about 15 mi. from Texarkana.
I have looked at Kubota, John Deere, Mahindra, Case, New Holland, Massey Ferguson. Some of these dealers are within 5 mi. of where I live in the DFW area and some closer to New Boston. ,
I would like to know of some reputable dealers in the Texarkana area as this is where tractor will reside , and I will be spending more time after I retire next year:)
From what i gather dealer support is as important as the brand , for the most part. I am looking at 30-35 hp with a hydro. I have not driven a tractor for close to 30 years. I wlll be doing a lot of thining trees , building a pole barn, maintaining 400' driveway and better not have to do any snow removal!!
Any and all comments greatly appreciated, Thanks

/ East Texas Dealer? #2  
Not terribly close to you but I have been using Texoma Utility Equipment in Durant, OK. I'm not fond of the blue dealers in the DFW area. Can't say much about the other colors in the area. I've used their service department and have nothing but good things to say. They sell/service both NH and Kubota.

Welcome to TBN and congrats on the soon to be retirement.

/ East Texas Dealer?
Bob, Thanks for the reply, I will keep them in mind. I live on the far east side of DFW area in Forney. I have looked at the Kubota and the Maassey Ferguson the most . I really like the 1533 the most so far. i was not to impressed to much with the green stuff in that range.
I might be going back to New Boston this weekend and look at the Bobcat/Kioti in Texarkana. The Ct 235 looks O. K. as far as power and weight. I want to see it up close. Pictures don't tell the whole story. I was not all that impressed with the small N. H. or Case. The Mahindra looks like it was built on a production line that was running way to fast!!
I am going to get something by the end of the year and I want to make sure I am getting the one that has all the feature i Think I wiil use the most.
The closet Yanmar dealer is 150 mi. from the house and 170 mi. from New Boston so I think they might be out of the picture. I have read a lot of good things about them, but am not sure how long they will be around since they are no longer with CC. Thanks again

/ East Texas Dealer? #4  
Not all brands are built the same (quality) and likewise the costs are not the same. One thing I've learned is buy a good quality machine that has a good dealer supporting it. I personally wouldn't buy any machine regardless of cost that parts might be difficult to find. Any of the major brands will be fine if a good dealer stands behind it. I have three tractors (green, blue and orange) and have different experiences with several dealerships. Our future plans are to purchase two new machines (80hp and 100hp pto) and blue and green are more than likely out based on the dealers in my area. Blue has no presence other than 80 miles away and difficult to transport a large machine that distance and green, well lets just say they don't need or want my money based on attitude, friendliness and urgency. More than likely I'll go orange because of the dealers in my area. Good luck on the search!

I live just west of the airport and my land is north on I35 just across the Oklahoma border along the Red River. We night fished one of our newest ponds last weekend and caught as many Channel Cats as I could muster to reel in. Most were 4 or 5 lbs and fought like 10 pounders.

/ East Texas Dealer? #5  
On your way to New Boston stop at Farm Country on Interstate 30 in Sulphur Springs. Talk with Russ or Danny. They're some good guys. Bought my Kubota there in 2010 and it was a great experience.

Charlie

/ East Texas Dealer? #6  
Welcome to TBN, I cant help you much on DFW or Texarkana area dealers so I will just ramble on about some things to look for in a tractor. Hopefully with the right tractor, you wont need to interact with a dealer much after the sale.
Get everything you need in a package deal when you buy the tractor, as many times you can get attachments for near dealer cost at that time.

It is great to have tilt steering wheel, cabs with HVAC and stereo are nice for those hot days and buggy mowing jobs,but not really a necessity.

One of the things I would consider a necessity is telescoping 3 PH lower arms. These make hook up an easy one man job. Some tractors like Kioti seem to make them standard on all or most of their tractors whereas others dont offer them till in the Ag tractors sizes.

I think LS Tractors has them on many of their models also, but I dont know if you have an LS dealer near you, if a dealer is near, dont pass them by because they make an excellent tractor and many models are rebranded as NH, Case IH for sure and maybe others as well. I dont keep up with that stuff as well as other folks here on TBN.
If you are going to do ground engaging work, a good position and draft control hydraulic system is needed (anything is better than the Kubota 1/4 inching system so avoid that if possible).

/ East Texas Dealer?
Thanks for the recomendation Native Son, Deen equipment has a shop less than 2 miles from the house. I would feel guilty buying from them and having warranty /servie done at the dealer in New Boston.
I kind of fell like You need to " Dance with the one that brung You" I also realize this might not always be the best way to do business ,but if You buy from them theu usually treat You better than some one that bought down the road to save a couple of dollars, This has been my experience car dealers any way.
Gary , hopefully I want have to be dragging what ever I get back and forth to a dealer for warranry issuses!! I try to service all my own vehicles ,except for major stuff that are warranty related.
As far as implements go the Modern Ag galvanized stuff looks well built , but I am sure it is pricey. I will probably be using a 5' cutter as there are so many trees to manuver around.
I have also seen bad reviews of the stuff at TSC, but haven't looked real close at them yet.
$1600 for a 5' Green one seeemed a little high for me. I will keep looking and reading and doing some actual riding before buying. Thanks All

/ East Texas Dealer? #8  
We purchased our 7040 from Deen Equipment there in Forney back in 2009. Dealt with Jeff Deen, have nothing but good things to say about them and would recommend them. They also have a dealership in Wills Point, which is where our tractor was delivered from.
We haven't had to have any work done on the tractor since buying it, so I don't know how their service depts are.

/ East Texas Dealer? #9  
Conroys in Mt Pleasant on 271 less than a mile north of I-30. They have New Holand and Mahindra. Good people

/ East Texas Dealer? #10  
Conroys in Mt Pleasant on 271 less than a mile north of I-30. They have New Holand and Mahindra. Good people

you cant beat conroys if you can get johnny or joel to talk to you.but i think they are out of the selling equipment part an just run the business now.joel knows how to work on equipment as he used to run the shop.