Kubota L3200HST or Kubota L3800HST help

/ Kubota L3200HST or Kubota L3800HST help #1  

mike35549

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2538 with FEL
I have been looking at tractors for a while and decided on a Kubota 4WD I just can't decide between the l3200HST and the l3800HST. I will be using a 5' cutter and a 5 1/2' 16/18 disk. The question I have is would there be any noticeable difference in these two tractors using those implements. The price difference is $900 which is not a lot I know but if there would be no noticeable difference while using them it would be $900 wasted. Anyone on here ever operated both.

/ Kubota L3200HST or Kubota L3800HST help #2  
I have been looking at tractors for a while and decided on a Kubota 4WD I just can't decide between the l3200HST and the l3800HST. I will be using a 5' cutter and a 5 1/2' 16/18 disk. The question I have is would there be any noticeable difference in these two tractors using those implements. The price difference is $900 which is not a lot I know but if there would be no noticeable difference while using them it would be $900 wasted. Anyone on here ever operated both.

If you are decided on those two, either will work, but the extra horsepower will add margin to pulling a rotary cutter and be sure you have enough power for that 5 foot cutter in extreme conditions, like being wet or the brush extra thick, also as a trade in you will get your money back on the more powerful machine. the 900 wont make a lot of difference in the monthly. Easy for me to spend YOUR money:).. but if it were me.. and I am just saying, for the sake of argument, I would take my money to the Kioti dealership and get a CK35 if I wanted a tractor in that class. Many more standard features, the SSQA front end loader standard on the Kioti, and extra on the Kubota, and the telescoping lower links and stabilizers, standard on the Kioti, and not available on the Kubota are alone enough to consider the Kioti. Standard on the Kioti cruise control and tilt wheel, extra and not available on the Kubota. The jerky 3pt hitch is standard on the Kubota, and not available on the Kioti:D Just use the search facility and put in jerky 3pt hitch. Dozens of threads.. possibly some examples do not have the problem, or perhaps in your usage it would not bother you, but it bothers some. Of course if you like and trust the Kubota dealership or don't have a Kioti dealer nearby, or the fact that the Kubota dealer network is more widespread, can all make the Kubota a more attractive choice..To sum up, if it was my money I would see the Kioti guy, but if I wanted a Kubota, I would choose the one with more horsepower. It boils down to your money and your choice. You will enjoy which ever one you choose.:thumbsup:

James K0UA

/ Kubota L3200HST or Kubota L3800HST help #3  
Get the L3800, I love mine and no jerky 3pt hitch either!. :thumbsup:

The added HP is noticeable mowing thick heavy stuff. Other than that they are about the same tractor.

/ Kubota L3200HST or Kubota L3800HST help #4  
For only $900, I would get it! I have a 5' cutter with the L2800 and have not had any problems but I always wonder about what the extra hp would be like. I need to borrow one some day ;) I just keep telling myself that I'm saving on fuel since I don't have the extra 5 hp!!!

I'll tell you one thing, the last two times I cut my area, once with the FEL on and the other without - It felt like I had 10 extra HP without the loader on!!! :D That drops 900 or so lbs. and is much more maneuverable.

/ Kubota L3200HST or Kubota L3800HST help #5  
For only $900, I would get it! I have a 5' cutter with the L2800 and have not had any problems but I always wonder about what the extra hp would be like. I need to borrow one some day ;) I just keep telling myself that I'm saving on fuel since I don't have the extra 5 hp!!!

I'll tell you one thing, the last two times I cut my area, once with the FEL on and the other without - It felt like I had 10 extra HP without the loader on!!! :D That drops 900 or so lbs. and is much more maneuverable.

Man, after years of mowing with the 3750 and loader. I started mowing with the 3800 loader off, and let me say, there is a heck of a difference!!! Huge! More power, much more maneuverable, not as bouncy. Just makes mowing much more pleasurable! :thumbsup:

/ Kubota L3200HST or Kubota L3800HST help #6  
I did drive the L3200/L3800 and could not tell. But for 900 is is a no brainer for the L3800. I really liked the kubota L series, but I prefer manual and just could not settle for the High / Low range. With you wanting HST the kubota is a nice unit. They really fell short on the manual shift.

Also you may have your mind made up already, but keep the new holland boomer 30/35 in your reach as well. That is what we ended up with after being mostly sold on the kubota.

/ Kubota L3200HST or Kubota L3800HST help #7  
I did drive the L3200/L3800 and could not tell. But for 900 is is a no brainer for the L3800. I really liked the kubota L series, but I prefer manual and just could not settle for the High / Low range. With you wanting HST the kubota is a nice unit. They really fell short on the manual shift.

Also you may have your mind made up already, but keep the new holland boomer 30/35 in your reach as well. That is what we ended up with after being mostly sold on the kubota.

I also prefer gear drive (manual) and have no issues with the H/L range on the L3800. No different than all the other tractors I've owned or used? Never heard this one!

/ Kubota L3200HST or Kubota L3800HST help #8  
I will clarify, kubota in manual shift only have H/L range. Most other makes have H/M/L range and so does kubota in there HST only transmission. The 3 ranges really are needed. Two ranges are ok but will be an issue in some applications.

New Holland has the H/M/L offering on HST and manual.

/ Kubota L3200HST or Kubota L3800HST help #9  
Knew about the H/M/L range with HST, but have never seen one with manual. Never needed more than H/L, but learned something new today. Thanks!

/ Kubota L3200HST or Kubota L3800HST help #10  
Just replaced a B7500 with 1060 hours on it that we bought new in 2002 with an L3200. The dealer priced the 3800 around $1,200 more than the 3200. Although it was sort of tempting, the line had to be drawn somewhere. The L3200 met the requirements of a larger more comfortable operator's platform, more weight and 10 or 11 more horses than the B had.

The main use for the tractor is finish mowing less than 3 acres at present, and possibly another 1-1/2 in the near future. It will also be used for clearing snow (few hundred yards of driveways - when we manage to get a real Winter). I got this tractor because I wanted something bigger, and I love it. Yesterday I wrapped up auxiliary lighting but it was rainy last night so I didn't go out and aim them.

People with different degrees of equipment addiction would have chosen differently. Some would have gone with a ZTR and subcontracted snow removal and occasional FEL work. Some would have picked a ZTR plus a 50 HP tractor, backhoe, skid steer, etc. Although I don't have the level of equipment addiction as some here, I do admit to keeping an old Ford 1210 around just in case we need to do some spraying or for help mowing.

There's no place in my heart for a ZTR, and this is the largest machine that will fit in places it needs to go. It looks like I should be able to make a cab for cold weather that would be short enough to fit places / tall enough for headroom.