Mahindra Max 28XL or Kubota B2920?

/ Mahindra Max 28XL or Kubota B2920? #1  

Green Guy

Bronze Member
Tractor
2013 John Deere 1026R TLB
What does everyone think? I know the Max 28 is new as of this year and just hitting the marketplace...

I priced out a Max 28 XL TLB and it comes in at $20,000 through my local dealer. A B2920 TLB is $23,250 through my local dealer.

Which is the better machine overall as far as quality, durability, longevity, resale, and support? I love the Kubota, but wouldn't mind saving $3,000 if it is really worth it.

Interested in thoughts...

Thanks!

/ Mahindra Max 28XL or Kubota B2920? #2  
The max28XL compares more directly to the B3030, because the mahindra is more "feature packed" than the B2920. With that in mind, the max28XL is an absolute steal! More like $6k less than orange or green! I think you'll be extremely happy with your new MAX!

If the MAX would have been available when I needed a compact, I'd seriously have to consider those savings!

/ Mahindra Max 28XL or Kubota B2920? #3  
The max28XL compares more directly to the B3030, because the mahindra is more "feature packed" than the B2920. With that in mind, the max28XL is an absolute steal! More like $6k less than orange or green! I think you'll be extremely happy with your new MAX!

If the MAX would have been available when I needed a compact, I'd seriously have to consider those savings!

WHAT?! I'm really confused how this "max" thing can compare to a BX and a B3030 at the same time?

/ Mahindra Max 28XL or Kubota B2920? #4  
The Max is a bit of a oddball, in that it prices and competes with the smaller BX line but is closer in size to a B. Mahindra makes a pretty good tractor, but I am not yet sold on the dealer/parts network or the longevity of the brand. In contrast, I don't question Deere or Kubota in that regard.

/ Mahindra Max 28XL or Kubota B2920?
Thanks for the replies so far... I know you get what you pay for and Kubota is tried and true... Would it be a big risk to go with the Mahindra?

/ Mahindra Max 28XL or Kubota B2920? #6  
Thanks for the replies so far... I know you get what you pay for and Kubota is tried and true... Would it be a big risk to go with the Mahindra?

I don't know about "risk" -- that might be too strong of a word. There are plenty of happy Mahindra owners here and they do make a good tractor. They're just not as established as some of the other brands.

/ Mahindra Max 28XL or Kubota B2920? #7  
Mahindra has the longest warranty, and is the number one selling tractor. For the price difference, even if you had to put an engine and a transmission in the max28XL after the warranty period, you'd still be money ahead.

/ Mahindra Max 28XL or Kubota B2920? #8  
I just picked up the Max28XL... without the backhoe. Your price beats what I could have got that package for, by 4 digits. I'd go get it... now.

I have had it for a couple of weeks, and it is quite a machine.

I chose it for it's comfort and specs. It out lifts the kubota you are comparing it to by a significant margin.

All the nonsense of category it fits into is odd. You can buy the Mahindra for BX money, and get a tractor that is more powerful than the best B series. So what's the issue?

If you have tons of money to spend that you don't need, and you don't need to lift heavy things... go orange. If you still have extra money left over after running the numbers for orange... just get a green one.

If you wanna get stuff done, and have money to buy the materials you want to make stuff with, get the Max :)

Have fun shopping. Sounds like yours is on sale.

/ Mahindra Max 28XL or Kubota B2920? #9  
WHAT?! I'm really confused how this "max" thing can compare to a BX and a B3030 at the same time?

The Max 28XL was never compared to a SCUT, even on Mahindra's website. Nice try on shooting down a fine product, though.

I just saw you have this thread as well. I responded on your other about the B26. I think you'd be quite surprised by the Max. Don't get caught up in the name. Mahindra is the world's largest tractor maker (for their model sizes) and are an excellent company. Kubota just got a little head start on them in the US. In my opinion, the Max28 is more tractor, for less money.

/ Mahindra Max 28XL or Kubota B2920? #10  
MessickFarmEqu said:

Yeah. Check out www.tractordata.com. When comparing the B3030 to the max28XL each tractor and loader has a nice little back and forth of superior specifications. For example, the B will lift two inches higher in the loader, but the max will lift more weight. The base tractor weigh within 10lbs, but the max is longer, although turns sharper.

It would be great if in addition to the wonderful buying tool of the Internet, we also had a "Walmart" of tractors that sold both oranges, all of the reds, both blues, white, and green (if I left someone out I'm sorry).