Tractor Sizing MF tractors with creeper gears

/ MF tractors with creeper gears #1  

robertrej

Tractor
mf 135
I am in the market for a new MF and require a creeper transmission.
Any idea's what models have such gearing?

2600 ?
2600 HD?
5400 ?

Thanks/ Bob

/ MF tractors with creeper gears #2  
How fast should the tractor go in a creeper gear?. I have a TN70D with a 16X16 transmission a LOW LOW is pretty slow!! (don't know exactly how slow, the book is out in the shop and it's raining out there). I have always wanted to try a 3 point mounted ditching attachment with the tractor. Most of those are recommended to go behind a HST, but it might work ok at my slowest speed.

What is it that your trying to do that you need to go that slow?

Tim

/ MF tractors with creeper gears
Thanks for the reply .

I am planning on clearing brush with a flail mower not a rotary mower. It operates with your PTO and there for you must
maintain the proper RPM which with most tractors is at least 1800 RPM or more which equates to around 1.5 mph.
The manufactures recommend speeds around .20 - .80 mph.the slower speed means it chips and cuts more thoroughly.

The only tractor I have found that comes standard with a creeper transmission is : Kioti DK90 .

Thanks/Bob

/ MF tractors with creeper gears #4  
According to the Massey Ferguson web site the 5400 series has a creeper and super creeper option.

/ MF tractors with creeper gears
Thanks for that info .

The MF 5400 is a large tractor ( Mid -size)but would certainly do a good job.
I kind of like the MF5400 dyna-4 transmission as well.

Thanks again!
Bob:thumbsup:

/ MF tractors with creeper gears #6  
Have a friend that has a 5455 and he loves it. He has let me drive it before, it was a pleasure driving a clutch-less machine. He knows how much I like it, so he won't let me get too close since it might disappear for a weekend. Without a doubt my next tractor will have a dyna-4 transmission. Seems like a better built machine than my MF 593, just my opinion.