John Deere 1026R - used pricing

/ John Deere 1026R - used pricing #1  

Liammcd

Tractor
n/a
I'm looking at a lightly used JD 1026R with 60" mower and loader. The machine has 36 hours on it and the dealer is offering about 8 percent off their standard price for an all new machine. Standard warranty is also transferred. I'm new to sub-compact tractors (stepping up from basic mowers to do more landscaping work) and unsure what normal depreciation would be for a 'used' machine - though just barely really. What does everyone think of this offer? Take the used deal (equates to about $1500 saved), expect more of a discount, or stick with all new? Thanks!

/ John Deere 1026R - used pricing #2  
I'm looking at a lightly used JD 1026R with 60" mower and loader. The machine has 36 hours on it and the dealer is offering about 8 percent off their standard price for an all new machine. Standard warranty is also transferred. I'm new to sub-compact tractors (stepping up from basic mowers to do more landscaping work) and unsure what normal depreciation would be for a 'used' machine - though just barely really. What does everyone think of this offer? Take the used deal (equates to about $1500 saved), expect more of a discount, or stick with all new? Thanks!

I know deals range by region but if they are giving 8% off new current list for a used machine I would go with new as my dealer is in the 13-15% off on new units. As I said your area might be different.

/ John Deere 1026R - used pricing #3  
Wouldn't be enough off for me. Do you mean 8% off of list or 8% off of what they sell for at about 15% off which would make it 23% off list? The latter makes the deal seem a little sweeter, but for 36 hours on a tractor I'd want to know why someone was getting rid of it. Not time to trade up already. If they found out they needed/wanted something else, your gain, but if it was a problematic tractor, well now it's your problem. I would take the $1500 insurance and buy new.

/ John Deere 1026R - used pricing
Thanks for the feedback. I actually do know a bit more about the machinery and its history. The original buyer has decided the tractor isn't big enough so the dealer is upgrading them and offloading the lightly used machine at an 8% discount - they claim the same amount they're charging the original buyer to resell the machine. Also, the 8 points is off their discounted price so in actual fact, it would be about 13 points off list (on this configuration they only offer about 6% off list). Would you still go new?

/ John Deere 1026R - used pricing #5  
I think you should take the deal. There always seems to be a lot of complaints about Canadian dealers not discounting enough. Here is your chance to maximize the discount on a current model. After a couple of months, you won't know the difference between buying new or used, your new one won't be new any longer.

/ John Deere 1026R - used pricing #6  
1*The dealer is offering about 8 percent off their standard price for an all new machine.
2*What does everyone think of this offer

3*I would go with new as my dealer is in the 13-15% off on new units..

1*That's not enough .See no 3*
2*I think it's not very good
3*I agree .

8% off of new on a used unit is A rip off compared to 13 to 15 percent off new for a new unit.

Last edited:
   / John Deere 1026R - used pricing #7  
I agree with Xskier, the combined discount is likely to be as good as it gets.

LBrown has a little trouble with his math and always seems to draw the wrong conclusions, learn to ignore him.