Expectation for New Tractors

/ Expectation for New Tractors #1  

concord maple

Tractor
JD 3320 with comfort cab
Been looking and comparing tractor brands the last two months and the kubota, mahindra, and JD that I have looked at, all new, have been very dirty and showed surface rust from sitting on dealers lots for a month or two. So I decided to see which dealer would get me a newer one direct from the factory. Well it showed up this week and I looked at it today and was very disappointed. Maybe worst with dirt and mud in cab then the ones that have been sitting out for a few months. Is this how they all arive at the dealers. The dealer did say they wash, wax, touch up, and detail before delivery. Thanks.

/ Expectation for New Tractors #2  
Been looking and comparing tractor brands the last two months and the kubota, mahindra, and JD that I have looked at, all new, have been very dirty and showed surface rust from sitting on dealers lots for a month or two. So I decided to see which dealer would get me a newer one direct from the factory. Well it showed up this week and I looked at it today and was very disappointed. Maybe worst with dirt and mud in cab then the ones that have been sitting out for a few months. Is this how they all arive at the dealers. The dealer did say they wash, wax, touch up, and detail before delivery. Thanks.

Are you visiting large volume dealers or small? Our Kubota dealer had sold 106 tractors in 6 weeks when we were over there a few weeks ago so not much rust growing up on his stuff. To me a tractor dealership shouldn't be much different from a car dealership and little spit shine here there goes a long way as far selling something. Smaller Kubota's like our come crated up and bagged up and my wife picked out the one she wanted assembled just for her, he had 4 just alike crated up.

/ Expectation for New Tractors
All three dealers are big dealers. I am disappointed in that I waited for this new one to come in and it was this dirty and mud and dirt in the cab.

/ Expectation for New Tractors #4  
Is dealerships lot paved? My wife won't allow dirt and mud to build up on her tractors and some of them are old. Sure they get dirty when being used but they get cleaned off soon after. I'm like you I don't understand why a dealer would want cabs with mud and dirt in them.

/ Expectation for New Tractors #5  
When I purchased my Kubota L4400, it came in a crate and I watched the entire assembly process. It was amazing to watch and I was impressed. One technician assembled the tractor, from beginning to end, in around 1 1/2 hours. There was no visible rust anywhere.

/ Expectation for New Tractors #6  
My Kubota L3800 was clean as a whistle and no rust. Had 14 hours and sold as used. Didn't take me long to get it dirty though. :thumbsup:

/ Expectation for New Tractors #7  
My L3540 had sat out on the lot for awhile before I bought it. Had 0.9 hours and a little rust on the 3pt hookups. No biggie, it was gonna get rust anyway.

/ Expectation for New Tractors #8  
​Ask the dealer to clean the cab, and touch the paint up on it for you. No big deal.

/ Expectation for New Tractors #9  
I can understand the disappointment aspect of it, after all it is a new product and should be presented as such. Not to say a tractor is something that will stay clean for long after you buy it but a consumer may look at this as a reflection of the dealer. If they don't care enough to present a product better than that, what else are they carefree about, service perhaps? Yes, the mind tends to wonder and when you're slapping down the big bucks you want to know that the person you're buying from is top notch and willing to go the extra mile, whether it product presentation or service after the sale the consumer needs that confidence and reassurance. Same rule applies with anything else you buy.

I was down around the Texas/Mexico border a while back and stopped in at tractor dealers in Donna, McAllen and Mission. Dealers ranged from 10 units to well over 100 and none of them had dirty or muddy cabs.

/ Expectation for New Tractors #10  
All three dealers are big dealers. I am disappointed in that I waited for this new one to come in and it was this dirty and mud and dirt in the cab.

Curious what the weather conditions have been in your locale and is the dealers lot paved? In a busy dealership with lots of lookers it wouldn't take long to get mud in a new tractors cab. You mention that all three big dealers have this same issue with cleanliness and my experience with tractor dealers in general is they are concerned with presentation of their products. Most would wan't to make a good impression and will have a lot person to deal with these issues. I wouldn't expect the tractors to be spotless sitting on a dealers lot and most all dealers clean and detail prior to delivery. I know a relative who is so fastidious he can't use his tractor without fear of getting it dirty, he worries constantly about getting dirt on the pedals and steps, life is too short for those antics imo.