John Deere 4400 with 48 backhoe, but....

/ John Deere 4400 with 48 backhoe, but.... #1  

mikeober

Tractor
1996 wheel horse / 2001 John Deere 4400
Hello, looking for some advice. I am looking at a John Deere 4400 with a 48 backhoe and a 430 loader. Machine is a 2001 and is in mint condition. Tires in good shape as well. Seller is asking 17,000. Unfortunately, the digital hour meter is not behaving - numbers are illegible as parts of the digital numbers are blinking randomly and are fading out. Seller indicates that he bought 2.5 years ago with 400+ hours and meter worked until last few months when it got progressively worse. Had it not been for this issue, I would have made an offer today. I plan to use it for some work around the house and sell it within the next 12-18 months. So, any opinions here in the forums on this buyer situation? Has anyone heard of this issue on these digital meters? Any fixes or other means to prove current hours? Thanks in advance for your help.

/ John Deere 4400 with 48 backhoe, but.... #2  
Hows it been taken care of? With around 400 hours, which is nothing, as long as it has had regular maintenance, you'll be fine. But be sure you get enough off to compensate for the broken hour meter as someone will be asking themselves the same question when you sell it.

/ John Deere 4400 with 48 backhoe, but....
Hows it been taken care of? With around 400 hours, which is nothing, as long as it has had regular maintenance, you'll be fine. But be sure you get enough off to compensate for the broken hour meter as someone will be asking themselves the same question when you sell it.

Thanks. I've seen a few of these while I've been looking and I am guessing that this is around 600-800 hours. Machine is incredibly clean. What do you think is "enough" off? Do you think $15,900 is reasonable? Lower?

Pics
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l23/2000LS1TA/2012 Tractors/John Deere 4400 TLB/101_2685.jpg

/ John Deere 4400 with 48 backhoe, but.... #4  
From just looking at the prices on tractorhouse.com, I think you would be doing very good getting that for $15,900.