Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B3200 with BH77 backhoe, Kubota B50 SSQA w/ 54" & 60" buckets, LandPride FDR1660

Default Best place to try and sell a 1981 Ford 340A 44hp industrial tractor w/ 6ft FEL?

I have a friend who is trying to unload his 1981 Ford 340A 44hp industrial tractor with a front end loader with 6ft bucket.

He's got it on Craigslist, but so far no bites. He's located in NH.

I did some quick searching and I found a few of these for sale out on the interwebs:

http://www.tractorhouse.com/list/lis...ORD&MDLGrp=340

1989 FORD 340A TRACTOR for sale in Plantersville, Texas - EquipmentTraderOnline.com

But I was wondering if Craigslist is the best place to try and sell something this old.

Not sure what he's asking for it.

Tractor
    1981 Yanmar 336D

I've found selling stuff on craigslist varies by location. A tractor in one part of the country is worth gold and another, worthless.

For the largest audience I'd try either on here or ebay.

It could also be as simple as he is asking too much, has poor photos, isn't describing it well enough or it just needs a good paint job. Selling something isn't just about typing an ad, you have to sell it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using TractorByNet
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ― Aristotle

Yanmar 1981 YM336D

From this . . . . To this

Check out the full restoration project: Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 . . . . Adding gauges? How-to

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B3200 with BH77 backhoe, Kubota B50 SSQA w/ 54" & 60" buckets, LandPride FDR1660

Default Re: Best place to try and sell a 1981 Ford 340A 44hp industrial tractor w/ 6ft FEL?

Quote Originally Posted by Domush View Post
    I've found selling stuff on craigslist varies by location. A tractor in one part of the country is worth gold and another, worthless.

For the largest audience I'd try either on here or ebay.

It could also be as simple as he is asking too much, has poor photos, isn't describing it well enough or it just needs a good paint job. Selling something isn't just about typing an ad, you have to sell it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using TractorByNet
    Thanks for the info. I haven't seen his ad - so I'm not sure how he is presenting it.

I suspected that certain types of tractors might be much more popular in one area of the country over another. I thought somebody might know if there was a "go to" site for these types of tractors - where he might have more success than Craigslist.