L3200 vs Boomer 30: features and details, other comments?

/ L3200 vs Boomer 30: features and details, other comments? #1  

familyman

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3800HST
It seems to me that the Boomer 30 has some excellent features, but the detail that catches my eye is the easy access on the right side. My L2800 loader control really hampers entry and egress from the right. When I have the tractor near trees, a building, a trench, or whatever, having only one side to get on and off can be a bummer.

What other features or details does the Boomer 30 have that make it different than the L3200 that I'm currently considering?
(no "jerky hitch" commentary, please. I'm more than aware of that problem)

/ L3200 vs Boomer 30: features and details, other comments? #2  
Ok I give whats a jerky hitch?

/ L3200 vs Boomer 30: features and details, other comments?
Look it up, using search. Not what this thread is about.

/ L3200 vs Boomer 30: features and details, other comments? #4  
the Boomer has a true suspension seat, nicer ride, it is a 4 cylinder motor, so quiter and runs smoother, has tilt steering, all the controls are around you or on the dash, easy to operate,

the Boomer has a true suspension seat, nicer ride, it is a 4 cylinder motor, so quiter and runs smoother, has tilt steering, all the controls are around you or on the dash, easy to operate,

Sounding good so far.

/ L3200 vs Boomer 30: features and details, other comments? #6  
Do you intend on having a loader and HST?
I recently sold my NH TC40D. One thing about it that I didn't like was that for the HST to work correctly the engine needed to be doing at least 2000rpm. This in itself wasn't a big problem. While using the FEL at this rpm, it was very difficult to make a smooth lift. I always needed to throttle down then back up to operate the drive. It was possible but a PITA.
If you are looking at a NH w/HST drive and a FEL, I would suggest that you try to carefully lift something heavy @ 2200 RPM. The bucket control valves now being used by NH may have been improved, but mine weren't the best.
I do like the Kubota loader and controls better.
By the way I'm not new to loaders. I have owned two IH, Ford, NH, Bobcat Skid steer, Ford TLB, and Kubota.
This NH was the only one that gave me problems. Maybe I had a funky one, but I would suggest you try one first.

Happy hunting, Bill:thumbsup:

Do you intend on having a loader and HST?
I recently sold my NH TC40D. One thing about it that I didn't like was that for the HST to work correctly the engine needed to be doing at least 2000rpm. This in itself wasn't a big problem. While using the FEL at this rpm, it was very difficult to make a smooth lift. I always needed to throttle down then back up to operate the drive. It was possible but a PITA.
If you are looking at a NH w/HST drive and a FEL, I would suggest that you try to carefully lift something heavy @ 2200 RPM. The bucket control valves now being used by NH may have been improved, but mine weren't the best.
I do like the Kubota loader and controls better.
By the way I'm not new to loaders. I have owned two IH, Ford, NH, Bobcat Skid steer, Ford TLB, and Kubota.
This NH was the only one that gave me problems. Maybe I had a funky one, but I would suggest you try one first.

Happy hunting, Bill:thumbsup:

You make a very interesting point, one I hadn't considered. Since the engine speed must be kept up for the HST system to work effectively, the loader speed will be effected too. My L2800 loader was not very fast at all. Not to say it wasn't fast enough, but it certainly didn't catapult dirt. Perhaps that will be the case on an L3200, with the same loader (LA463)? The hydraulic pump specs seem to be the same.
I have another discussion going where this "engine speed for HST vs loader manageability" concept/question will fit in nicely: Regarding L3200 HST power and loader work....

/ L3200 vs Boomer 30: features and details, other comments? #8  
You make a very interesting point, one I hadn't considered. Since the engine speed must be kept up for the HST system to work effectively, the loader speed will be effected too. My L2800 loader was not very fast at all. Not to say it wasn't fast enough, but it certainly didn't catapult dirt. Perhaps that will be the case on an L3200, with the same loader (LA463)? The hydraulic pump specs seem to be the same.
I have another discussion going where this "engine speed for HST vs loader manageability" concept/question will fit in nicely: Regarding L3200 HST power and loader work....

It wasn't such a big deal with dirt. The bucket wasn't so much fast as it was sudden, like operating with ball valves. If the loader jerked you would too. If you didn't take your hand off the control things would get kinda wild, real fast. The worst problem was lifting something on a chain, and lowering it into a truck.
I have a 3pt adapter that I sometimes use to mount my carryall to the loader. It's a great man lift for trimming my apple trees, ect. I know the safety police won't like that.:( Well they really would have loved my wife almost launching me into space, because the engine was turning up!:shocked:

I was so impressed that when I bought my Kubota I got a GST, and a foot throttle.:laughing: