Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

Default Re: need some un-biased buying advice

So in 2 days you have gone from needing help, to you are going to get either a kubota or Kioti? Wow, that is some serious decision making. If it was me, I would go and look at every single dealer that is within a comfortable driving distance to you. If that happens to be the Kubota & Kioti dealers, then good, but you sort of alluded that you had a lot of good dealers around you and I know that it sure read like you had. If you are new to tractors, you really should look at all that you can, that way you can make an informed decision and not second guess the decision that you do make.

Makes no difference what tractor you get to me, just like to see people get a machine that THEY are happy with and not end up sorry that they rushed into something. The tractors aren't going anywhere, they will still be there next week, go take a look at some others. You might even find out that it is fun looking, who knows.

Good luck with your search and your decision.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

Tractor
    MF 135 Z134 Continental, MF 1660 Cab

Quote Originally Posted by MtnViewRanch View Post
    So in 2 days you have gone from needing help, to you are going to get either a kubota or Kioti? Wow, that is some serious decision making. If it was me, I would go and look at every single dealer that is within a comfortable driving distance to you. If that happens to be the Kubota & Kioti dealers, then good, but you sort of alluded that you had a lot of good dealers around you and I know that it sure read like you had. If you are new to tractors, you really should look at all that you can, that way you can make an informed decision and not second guess the decision that you do make.

Makes no difference what tractor you get to me, just like to see people get a machine that THEY are happy with and not end up sorry that they rushed into something. The tractors aren't going anywhere, they will still be there next week, go take a look at some others. You might even find out that it is fun looking, who knows.

Sound advice, especially on the fun part!

Tractor
    kioti ds3510

Quote Originally Posted by MtnViewRanch View Post

ha ha that is great advice and i appreciate it. Im like that JG Wentworth commercial accept i want my tractor and i want it now.LMAO! all seriousness though i took all last week off from work to go tractor shopping and i have checked out the following. LS, JD, boomers, mf 1533, kioti, kubota, bobcat, mahindra and some other brand tym or tmy something like that. it was an awesome week for me and my almost 2 yr old son. All i keep hearing after all that is orange tractor, orange tractor, over and over. maybe my son is wiser than his years. I am thinking about cab, but mid pto dont need. im going with rear blower. want to keep my neck muscles in shape for looking backwards in my treestands. all you guys on here are great and give sound advice and believe me im listening. much happier with the outcome than i ever expected.thanks to all!

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Quote Originally Posted by chasenmojo View Post
    ha ha that is great advice and i appreciate it. Im like that JG Wentworth commercial accept i want my tractor and i want it now.LMAO! all seriousness though i took all last week off from work to go tractor shopping and i have checked out the following. LS, JD, boomers, mf 1533, kioti, kubota, bobcat, mahindra and some other brand tym or tmy something like that. it was an awesome week for me and my almost 2 yr old son. All i keep hearing after all that is orange tractor, orange tractor, over and over. maybe my son is wiser than his years. I am thinking about cab, but mid pto dont need. im going with rear blower. want to keep my neck muscles in shape for looking backwards in my treestands. all you guys on here are great and give sound advice and believe me im listening. much happier with the outcome than i ever expected.thanks to all!

That idea will fade in about 5 years..............your tractor may well be a 30 year investment. Plan ahead.

P.S. I'm 51 now, was 49 when I bought my Massey.........................and even then you couldn't have forced me at gunpoint to purchase a 3pt. blower.
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Tractor
    MF 1635 12x12 Powershuttle

Quote Originally Posted by Don87 View Post
    That idea will fade in about 5 years..............your tractor may well be a 30 year investment. Plan ahead.

P.S. I'm 51 now, was 49 when I bought my Massey.........................and even then you couldn't have forced me at gunpoint to purchase a 3pt. blower.
    Obviously not common down there, but a pull type blower will work well. Had one for 30 years, and very common in Quebec too.
    Thanks,

Will

I do not care if someone's net nanny is watching!! You need to stop...

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamBos View Post
    Obviously not common down there, but a pull type blower will work well. Had one for 30 years, and very common in Quebec too.
    You would be correct, pull type snowblowers are not common down here. I never heard of one until I joined TBN.

I would need to use one for at keast one full winter before I would ever consider buying one. I'm just not sold on the concept, after doing snow removal since the age of 12.
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Tractor
    MF 1635 12x12 Powershuttle

Don,

What does a front mount cost for a GC? When we bought the 1635, it came off just over $5,000, so we decided against it.

I do agree on looking back getting old quick, saving for a loader, and use the blower to clear the excess away.

Next blower will be a pull type.
    Thanks,

Will

I do not care if someone's net nanny is watching!! You need to stop...

Tractor
    kioti ds3510

Thank you all for the great advice. I ended up buying the kioti ds3510. It was a great journey looking at all of the manufacturers, and meeting some great people along the way, but for my needs the kioti fit me and my budget best. taking delivery next saturday. cant wait to put it to the tasks i have planned for it. Got a great deal on it along with 62 inch tiller, and 5 foot slip clutch rotary cutter.

Tractor
    Kioti DK-40

Quote Originally Posted by chasenmojo View Post
    Thank you all for the great advice. I ended up buying the kioti ds3510. It was a great journey looking at all of the manufacturers, and meeting some great people along the way, but for my needs the kioti fit me and my budget best. taking delivery next saturday. cant wait to put it to the tasks i have planned for it. Got a great deal on it along with 62 inch tiller, and 5 foot slip clutch rotary cutter.
    Welcome to the pack!
    Murph ------------

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123