need some un-biased buying advice

/ need some un-biased buying advice #1  

chasenmojo

Tractor
kioti ds3510
I am ready to purchase a new tractor. looking in the 30-36 hp range. It just seems the process of buying the right one for me has become overwhelming. Too many choices! would greatly appreciate any help I can get. the only true set in stone things i want are shuttle shift and 4wd. thanks in advance

/ need some un-biased buying advice #2  
My suggestion would be to review the forums here on TBN that are dedicated to specific makes and models. Make a list of your needs in regards to implements;etc. I would most definitely recommend a FEL. You will be surprised at all the uses you will find for the FEL. You will gain some additional insight by checking out the following website also. BTW, Welcome aboard. TractorData.com - information on all makes and models of tractors

/ need some un-biased buying advice #4  
Welcome aboard, Chasenmojo.
What jobs do you have planned for your tractor?
What type of terain will you be doing them on?
What is your budget?
Your answers to these three questions should help get responses that are useful for your needs.
-Jim

/ need some un-biased buying advice #5  
Add a "Power Shuttle" and it would be a lot nicer. :)

/ need some un-biased buying advice
Thanks for the welcome. I am planning on redoing my current lawn as it was an old pasture and even my ferris with is beats my guts out. that area alone is approx. 4 acres. then i have 7 acres of field. i am buying a fel, 3 pt tiller, brush hog, and a 3pt blower as i have a 250 foot driveway and live directly in the path of lake ontarios fury. As far as budget im looking in the 20k range. i did drive and liked the performance of the kioti ds3510, but found the work platform a bit small and difficult to dismount from. I have dealers of all brands within 30 miles. been reading lots of people say go where you get good service and a reputable dealer... but there are ten of them just like that around me.

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome. I am planning on redoing my current lawn as it was an old pasture and even my ferris with is beats my guts out. that area alone is approx. 4 acres. then i have 7 acres of field. i am buying a 3 pt tiller, brush hog, and a 3pt blower as i have a 250 foot driveway and live directly in the path of lake ontarios fury. As far as budget im looking in the 20k range. i did drive and liked the performance of the kioti ds3510, but found the work platform a bit small and difficult to dismount from. I have dealers of all brands within 30 miles. been reading lots of people say go where you get good service and a reputable dealer... but there are ten of them just like that around me.

/ need some un-biased buying advice #8  
Welcome to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the Buying/Pricing/Comparisons Forum.

/ need some un-biased buying advice #9  
Thanks for the welcome. I am planning on redoing my current lawn as it was an old pasture and even my ferris with is beats my guts out. that area alone is approx. 4 acres. then i have 7 acres of field. i am buying a 3 pt tiller, brush hog, and a 3pt blower as i have a 250 foot driveway and live directly in the path of lake ontarios fury. As far as budget im looking in the 20k range. i did drive and liked the performance of the kioti ds3510, but found the work platform a bit small and difficult to dismount from. I have dealers of all brands within 30 miles. been reading lots of people say go where you get good service and a reputable dealer... but there are ten of them just like that around me.

did you try out the Kioti DK series , the platform is alot bigger.

i sat on the dk45 and 55 but the tractor is a monster. i think a little too much for what i need. absolutely they are awesome machines though. let me ask are you satisfied with your overall kioti experience? tough to find much on them around here, but they look pretty rugged from what i saw of them.