Planning on Kubota, who should I check out before buying?

/ Planning on Kubota, who should I check out before buying? #11  
TripleR, sorry to hear that. I'm leaning towards Kubota since the family already owns some and our dealer has been good to us in the past. I was pricing the Deer 4320 on their site and their price without a backhoe was near the price of the kubota with a backhoe. I'll have to actually get a real price from the dealer. Does anyone know if the 4320 has an aluminum rear housing like the smaller units do?
Only some of the smaller units have the aluminum rear housings. All the L, GL and larger units have cast iron housings.

I've been running Kubota tractors almost 30 years, dead nuts reliable and never any problems getting parts. Although rare we ever need parts.

Oh and the 4240 is a super Nice machine! :thumbsup:

/ Planning on Kubota, who should I check out before buying? #12  
Look for a good dealer then look at tractors.

Yes, yes... can't stress that too much.

That aside, for quality, features and cost, aside from Kubota I would go Massey. Very good performance figures and details.

But if the dealer isn't in it for the long run, nothing else is gonna matter.

Last edited:
   / Planning on Kubota, who should I check out before buying?
With exception of the Mahindra and Kioti dealers all of the other have always been here, at least for 30+ years. I like the look of the Massey units, but I don't think they have a thumb either.

/ Planning on Kubota, who should I check out before buying? #14  
I have a 4240 and after owning it for a couple of years now I would not want anything different. The HST+ transmission is great. I suggest sitting on the models you think you'll like and let the feel help your decision. Then you can ask specific questions. I would say if you have a good relationship with your local Kubota dealer I would lean towards dealing with them since a good dealer is worth their weight in gold.

/ Planning on Kubota, who should I check out before buying?
I have been in a 4240 several times now, is there any difference between the layout of it and the 4740? Good thing you don't have to buy tickets to sit on them, I would be broke.

/ Planning on Kubota, who should I check out before buying? #16  
Look for a good dealer then look at tractors.

Yup, what TripleR said and insist on test driving so if there's an issue with the attachment hydraulics so can iron them out before it's delivered.

/ Planning on Kubota, who should I check out before buying? #17  
in the Grand L series I think the 4740 is in the larger chassis size like the L5740. so going up it would be simiar but if you went down they could be smaller chassis's FYi recommend getting in the the largest highest hp you can get... Another overlooked item is to try a model locator you might be able to find a unit that has been on another dealors inventory that can be hugely discounted. Ie my L5740 was a Dec 2008 delivery I purchased in Sept 2011 hugely discounted

/ Planning on Kubota, who should I check out before buying? #18  
If pricing by you is anything like the pricing is around here, go ccheck out the Kioti DKxxSE tractors. They are much less expensive than the Kubotas right now w/the free loader program that ends this month. The Kioti BH does not have a factory thumb but I hear MIE makes weld on or bolt on thumbs specifically for them. If that isn't for you, there is always the Woods 90x.

powaw said:
So I am about ready to order a L4240 w/cab, R1 tires, FEL w/ 3rd function, and the bh92 backhoe w/ hydraulic thumb. Before I do though I want to know what models from other manufacturers that I should consider. We have Massey, New Holland, Kubota, Deere, Mahindra/TYM, and Kioti dealers within 75 miles of the house. Kubota and Deere dealers are the closest. I'm 40 now so it has to last another 40 years. Llet me hear your opinions/ experiences on any and all units that are setup with comparable equipment to the Kubota. Thanks for the assistance!

/ Planning on Kubota, who should I check out before buying? #19  
I have been in a 4240 several times now, is there any difference between the layout of it and the 4740? Good thing you don't have to buy tickets to sit on them, I would be broke.

Like said, I believe the L4240 is the largest HP in it's chassis size, the 4740 is a larger tractor.

Lately I've been looking hard at the 'new' L4600 and it's hard to tell it from the same size Grand L model/s. Except for the price. Might be worth a look...

/ Planning on Kubota, who should I check out before buying? #20  
Double tap, sorry...