Planning on Kubota, who should I check out before buying?

/ Planning on Kubota, who should I check out before buying? #1  

powaw

Tractor
2012 5740 htsc
So I am about ready to order a L4240 w/cab, R1 tires, FEL w/ 3rd function, and the bh92 backhoe w/ hydraulic thumb. Before I do though I want to know what models from other manufacturers that I should consider. We have Massey, New Holland, Kubota, Deere, Mahindra/TYM, and Kioti dealers within 75 miles of the house. Kubota and Deere dealers are the closest. I'm 40 now so it has to last another 40 years. Llet me hear your opinions/ experiences on any and all units that are setup with comparable equipment to the Kubota. Thanks for the assistance!

/ Planning on Kubota, who should I check out before buying? #2  
Deere 4x20's . If you need parts for 40 years down the road, Deere would be the way to go for sure.

/ Planning on Kubota, who should I check out before buying? #3  
Deere 4x20's . If you need parts for 40 years down the road, Deere would be the way to go for sure.

I'd doubt that as you can't get parts for the 10 and 20 series now other then through after-market and some captive parts like lines are not there to be had!!!

We are able to get parts for the Kubotas not counting on grey market tractors and as good of a system as the green guys. I feel Kubota is as good as any and with the systems they currently have in place there is a good reason they are the leader in this industry.

In forty years someone might forget who actually made it for deere! Just being assembled in America makes them equal to most other makes. Deere's compacts are now made in india and china with economy tractors coming out of mexico.

/ Planning on Kubota, who should I check out before buying? #4  
Look for a good dealer then look at tractors.

Oh and our John Deere is going on its third month in the shop waiting on parts.

/ Planning on Kubota, who should I check out before buying?
TripleR, sorry to hear that. I'm leaning towards Kubota since the family already owns some and our dealer has been good to us in the past. I was pricing the Deer 4320 on their site and their price without a backhoe was near the price of the kubota with a backhoe. I'll have to actually get a real price from the dealer. Does anyone know if the 4320 has an aluminum rear housing like the smaller units do?

Art, when it comes to my purchases I don't care where something is made, I buy the best I can afford at the time. Quality is number 1 in my book.

/ Planning on Kubota, who should I check out before buying? #7  
TripleR, sorry to hear that. I'm leaning towards Kubota since the family already owns some and our dealer has been good to us in the past. I was pricing the Deer 4320 on their site and their price without a backhoe was near the price of the kubota with a backhoe. I'll have to actually get a real price from the dealer. Does anyone know if the 4320 has an aluminum rear housing like the smaller units do?

Thanks, not knocking John Deere, just trying to keep things in perspective. I really like John Deere tractors and would seriously consider a 4000 Series, but I can't operate left foot brakes. My wife and I looked at one last week and we really liked it, I think it was a 4720; we will probably get a L5740.

/ Planning on Kubota, who should I check out before buying? #8  
Thanks, not knocking John Deere, just trying to keep things in perspective. I really like John Deere tractors and would seriously consider a 4000 Series, but I can't operate left foot brakes. My wife and I looked at one last week and we really liked it, I think it was a 4720; we will probably get a L5740.
doggoned you mean your thinking bout buying another tractor.

While cruising around all of the manufactures sites it looks like the Kubota backhoe is the only one with a factory hyd. thumb, is that correct or did I miss someone.

/ Planning on Kubota, who should I check out before buying? #10  
doggoned you mean your thinking bout buying another tractor.

Bull, remember what you said to me about a year or so ago; you were right.:laughing:

Actually while I love the L5030, mobility issues are making it harder to get in and out due to the evaporator being in the roof with less head room. My wife and I looked at and tried out a 5740 Thursday; John Deere has a great cab too as mentioned we looked.