Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    TYM 353 HST

Default Re: tym tractors

i have a T353HST and it is nothing but trouble. Leaks hydro like a stuck pig. Bolts broke off the loader mounting frame. Dealer carries no parts and he does not even have a parts book for the tractor! I need a gasket for the fuel filter bowl and he had to cal the distributor for a part number and to order the gaskets. Had to replace the battery cable because it was too light. The fuel gauge works when it wants too. The hydro pump is too slow for the tractor. i am going to fix the problems then trade it in on a kubota. At least the local dealer carries parts.

Tractor
    TYM 353 HST

Do yourself a favor and stay away.

Tractor
    TYM T293

I have a T293 with approximately 100 hours on it. It has performed beyond my wildest dreams. The only problem I have had are torn ball joint boots. The originals were really thin. I called the dealer about it and he had TYM replacement parts to me within a week via USPS. The replacements are much thicker than the originals.

Good luck in your evaluation and decision.
    Tom

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" - Thomas A. Edison

Tractor
    TYM T293

I have a T293 with approximately 100 hours on it. It has performed beyond my wildest dreams. The only problem I have had are torn ball joint boots. The originals were really thin. I called the dealer about it and he had TYM replacement parts to me within a week via USPS. The replacements are much thicker than the originals.

Good luck in your evaluation and decision.
    Tom

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" - Thomas A. Edison

Tractor
    TYM

I bought my T433 in May 2012. Its been a absolute beast as well. I have about 140 hours on it. Brush hogging and clearing and restoring old farm land I have 80 hours of brush hogging another 60 hours of backhoe work pulling stumps. Also dug out a few collapsed water lines for a neighbor and it was an absolute beast filling in it made quick work pushing piles I shouldnt have pushed. Mine is powered By caterpillar 2.2/ Perkins 404 D. You can get all your filters at Napa except the Transmission filter. It has a better Warranty than anything else out there.
    As for Dealer support I couldnt ask for a better Dealer than Petes Tractor in Potsdam New york. The only thing I have broken was a Loader control cable do to ICE build up in side. He came out to my house an hour away from the shop on a Sunday to fix it when it was 5 below zero out.

Tractor
    Kubota L4240 HSTC,L3000DT

Good to hear our local dealers are taking care of their customers.A neighbor of mine bought a TYM from the same dealer.They look like a decent tractor.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

A TYM dealership recently opened at a local KYMCO, Stihl and Grasshopper dealer, we use their repair shop. Out of curiosity I looked at one of the tractors and it seemed like a full featured machine, I don't know anyone who owns one, but they just opened.
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3540 HSTC-3, LA724 Loader, 1 Front & 3 Rear Remotes, Loaded R4 Tires, Front & Rear LED Lights, 72" Land Pride Box Blade

They are a nice looking tractor!

Tractor
    t293

I bought a tym tractor at the big E in springfield MA the dealer ignored me when I tried to order parts I have had a hard time to start the tractor .It now leaks hydraulic fluid and it now overheats there is no dealer close by.This tractor has 96 hours and has been in the garage.I have had less trouble with my 60 s John deer tractor

Tractor
    Ford 1920

What size tractor do you have. Try cleaning the radiator for the overheating. Many have tat problem. There should be a removable screen in front of the radiator, clean that them spray the radiator with water. It gets covered in dirt and does not cool properly. I live near Spingfield and have talked with them. They have always said that they do not get many repairs on the tractors they sell. But so do other dealers selling different brands of tractors. I am looking for a 40-50 hp tractor. I asked them how many they sell a year in that range. They said 5-10. But they we're selling a new 2010 tractor in 2013

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast