Buying Advice tym tractors

/ tym tractors #21  
Sorry to here your having troubles, I have 46 hours on ours and have had no leaks of any kind. I read on here about loader bolts coming loose and glad I did because a lot of mine were loose at 20 hours. so far I am very happy with mine.
Ron

/ tym tractors #22  
IMHO I would think that most people are going to buy them just based on price. There is really no other method to measure them against. Not one thing wrong with that, those people will get a smoking deal if they are a good machine or learn a multi thousand $$ lesson if they are not.

Personally I know how to turn a wrench, I also don't need a tractor to put a roof on my head or food on the table...sounds like I would be the perfect guy for one of the "new guys" to the tractor market. I am however very cheap and hold my money tightly. Sounds like I should buy one but never even on the radar. Why....I wanted a name and a company with a large presence if I had problems. We all know that even the best machine can have issues....it happens....how those issues are taken care of is really where the metal hits the meat. Personally I think a large name like Kubota, John Deere is going to be a little more able to service their customer with and issue over the new guy.

All that said does not mean the TYM or other "smaller" tractor makers are of lesser quality....they can be just the reverse because they are clawing at trying to get into the market....I am just not one to take a $30,000 gamble.

/ tym tractors #23  
IMHO I would think that most people are going to buy them just based on price. There is really no other method to measure them against. Not one thing wrong with that, those people will get a smoking deal if they are a good machine or learn a multi thousand $$ lesson if they are not.

Personally I know how to turn a wrench, I also don't need a tractor to put a roof on my head or food on the table...sounds like I would be the perfect guy for one of the "new guys" to the tractor market. I am however very cheap and hold my money tightly. Sounds like I should buy one but never even on the radar. Why....I wanted a name and a company with a large presence if I had problems. We all know that even the best machine can have issues....it happens....how those issues are taken care of is really where the metal hits the meat. Personally I think a large name like Kubota, John Deere is going to be a little more able to service their customer with and issue over the new guy.

All that said does not mean the TYM or other "smaller" tractor makers are of lesser quality....they can be just the reverse because they are clawing at trying to get into the market....I am just not one to take a $30,000 gamble.

There definitely a way to compare or measure a TYM verses another tractor. You have to look atboth machines. Thicknes of materials used type of metals used brands of engines and injection pumps. Compare on forums the types of problems found . I put well over a year of research into my purchase Because a huge financial risk should be investigated.
What I paid for mine was Tractor price with free promotional loader was $19, 000 with the Backhoe it was just over 26 K
What you also have to realise is the smaller tractors under 38 H.P. are built by mitsubishi. Atleast the motors and running gear.
Tym also builds tractors for Mahindra tractors. All the Mahindra tractors above 40h.p. are built by TYM. The only difference is the engines. Mahindra uses a deadong diesel. I'm sure I miss spelled that Name. But they are a Korean diesel manufacturer. A little bit of a cheaper engine. From what I hear its a Korean knockoff of a Kubota.
TYM uses Catapillar 2.2 engines / Perkins 404 D engines wich have a great reputation and everyone knows the caterpillar name.
I have 210 hours on my Machine now still no issues. But the Dealer always makes the difference. No matter what brand you buy find a good reputable dealer. With great customer service. That in it self is priceless.
The dealer I use sells tractors. He moves them and stands behind them. He has been doing this for over 20 years 9 years as a TYM dealer. He carried a different brand before. He has been a heavy equipment mechanic for 30 years and was a farmer for 18 years. This is the type of dealer you want to find.
My Local John Deere salesman didn't even try . It seemed like he was bothered just to put a price together. Never returned phone calls and didn't like questions. I can't work with that. Good luck to you guys no matter what you decide.

/ tym tractors #24  
I am sure you have heard the term, the end product is greater then the sum of all its parts. Well just the opposite can be true as well. It could be made from the best stuff on the planet and still not be worth a tinkers ****.

I don't want to bad mouth the machines....they are a bit of a question mark to a large part of the customer base....as more people like yourself buy them and share your experience with them that is the best way for them to build market share. For ME it was just too much of a gamble. Others like yourself will take the chance for one reason or another, Dealers that think people should just walk in and hand them money are a real pet peeve of mine. One reason I went with the dealer I chose....they are hungry.

There definitely a way to compare or measure a TYM verses another tractor. You have to look atboth machines. Thicknes of materials used type of metals used brands of engines and injection pumps. Compare on forums the types of problems found . I put well over a year of research into my purchase Because a huge financial risk should be investigated.
What I paid for mine was Tractor price with free promotional loader was $19, 000 with the Backhoe it was just over 26 K
What you also have to realise is the smaller tractors under 38 H.P. are built by mitsubishi. Atleast the motors and running gear.
Tym also builds tractors for Mahindra tractors. All the Mahindra tractors above 40h.p. are built by TYM. The only difference is the engines. Mahindra uses a deadong diesel. I'm sure I miss spelled that Name. But they are a Korean diesel manufacturer. A little bit of a cheaper engine. From what I hear its a Korean knockoff of a Kubota.
TYM uses Catapillar 2.2 engines / Perkins 404 D engines wich have a great reputation and everyone knows the caterpillar name.
I have 210 hours on my Machine now still no issues. But the Dealer always makes the difference. No matter what brand you buy find a good reputable dealer. With great customer service. That in it self is priceless.
The dealer I use sells tractors. He moves them and stands behind them. He has been doing this for over 20 years 9 years as a TYM dealer. He carried a different brand before. He has been a heavy equipment mechanic for 30 years and was a farmer for 18 years. This is the type of dealer you want to find.
My Local John Deere salesman didn't even try . It seemed like he was bothered just to put a price together. Never returned phone calls and didn't like questions. I can't work with that. Good luck to you guys no matter what you decide.

/ tym tractors #25  
Owner of a T293 here. We have had only two problems with ours and it has 187 hours on it now. 1) some paint peeling on the fiberglass hood and 2) HST creeps backwards sometimes. I received a PM from TYM with a document describing the adjustment for the creep. Worked like a charm.

/ tym tractors #26  
I am sure you have heard the term, the end product is greater then the sum of all its parts. Well just the opposite can be true as well. It could be made from the best stuff on the planet and still not be worth a tinkers ****.

I don't want to bad mouth the machines....they are a bit of a question mark to a large part of the customer base....as more people like yourself buy them and share your experience with them that is the best way for them to build market share. For ME it was just too much of a gamble. Others like yourself will take the chance for one reason or another, Dealers that think people should just walk in and hand them money are a real pet peeve of mine. One reason I went with the dealer I chose....they are hungry.
Well I think you made the right choice. I forgot to look at your sig to see what machine you bought before starting this reply but you made the right choice because you found a hungry motivated dealer looking to build a reputation.
That is almost worth your tractors weight in gold. Someone willing to bust his but to keep you the happiest you can be while your spreading good report of an up and coming dealer.
I spent a year or better on this very site researching the tractors I was interested in before even becoming a member or buying a machine. Every machine has problems so I researched how the dealers and manufacturers handled the problems as they came up.
It took quite some time as in weeks or months for some issues to be solved. These were name brand companies and dealers that had been there for 15 to 20 years on average. Green red orange they have all had problems.
From the research I had done I would say the orange brand seemed to solve the problem and satisfy the customer the fastest on an average.
Again I would have went with orange as well but the two local dealers weren't motivated. I could have bought the same machines for thousands less 200 miles away. Many of my friends did just that. I even had a friend drive to west Virginia and one too Georgia to buy the Orange brand because that's where the best priced machines and package deals were.
Locally they won't put together package deals many of us have tried.
As to your post of the sum of all its parts could be bad well true if it was built on a monday or Friday good luck. Haha

/ tym tractors #27  
In case you didn't know a lot of the 50+ hp Mahindra tractors are made by TYM. The roots of the TYM go back to older Iseki (sold in NA as Massey Ferguson, White, Agco & Challenger) designs which have been updated. I think that TYM still has some affiliation with Iseki. In general, nice tractors with a dealer network that is just developing. Some areas have adequate coverage, and some are lacking.
The new Mahindra emax series tractors are tym from korea as well

/ tym tractors #28  
This is an interesting thread. I always thought the 'TYM brand was simply a rebranded mass produced chinese machine, I think "crate" shipped with final assembly and adjustment done here in the US by various operators and sold often by people who may or may not be here tomorrow. A bit like what is done with Chinese scooters.. If you get a good one they are good. My Yamaha Scooter is 100% china built and it is great. I don't think it is great because a bunch of Japanese are supervising but because Yamaha pays the manufacturer enough to build it right.
You sometimes don't get all you pay for but you very rarely get more. lBy cheap expect to keep your tools handy. Mostly little stuff. Sut sometime not. What to do??? I can't tell you.

/ tym tractors #29  
I once owned an ATV mounted snowblower made by GiO..it was a constant pain, broke down every time I used it and absolutely ZERO support. I will not buy any piece of machinery made in chine except for Honda knockoff 13 HP OHV small engines..they are, for all intents and purposes Identical to the Honda..even every part is interchangeable. They are sold as LIFAN engines..and they cost 30% as much.

/ tym tractors #30  
This is an interesting thread. I always thought the 'TYM brand was simply a rebranded mass produced chinese machine, I think "crate" shipped with final assembly and adjustment done here in the US by various operators and sold often by people who may or may not be here tomorrow. A bit like what is done with Chinese scooters.. If you get a good one they are good. My Yamaha Scooter is 100% china built and it is great. I don't think it is great because a bunch of Japanese are supervising but because Yamaha pays the manufacturer enough to build it right.
You sometimes don't get all you pay for but you very rarely get more. lBy cheap expect to keep your tools handy. Mostly little stuff. Sut sometime not. What to do??? I can't tell you.
tym are not Chinese they are Korean they are a high end quality tractor as good as any Japanese tractor built today, not like a jinma from china I own both yet any nation who builds a tractor has achieved a great feat seeing America is incapable of building any tractors for the working class or home owners for that last forty years, we in America should be thankful that we at present are still able to buy any tractor from any nation seeing we are giving them monopoly money soon to be worthless