Buying Advice tym tractors

/ tym tractors #1  

chasenmojo

Tractor
kioti ds3510
just went and looked at the tym tractors today. I am a bit hesitant on buying or even considering without some input on the brand. the owner of the dealership seemed to be a great guy and very knowledgeable on the brand and hit all the great selling features of the brand, but with very little info or reviews out there on the t353 i am a bit reserved about the brand. any owners of the brand wanna tell me about their experiences with the tym brand.

/ tym tractors #2  
try posting in the TYM forum.

/ tym tractors #3  
In case you didn't know a lot of the 50+ hp Mahindra tractors are made by TYM. The roots of the TYM go back to older Iseki (sold in NA as Massey Ferguson, White, Agco & Challenger) designs which have been updated. I think that TYM still has some affiliation with Iseki. In general, nice tractors with a dealer network that is just developing. Some areas have adequate coverage, and some are lacking.

/ tym tractors #4  
just went and looked at the tym tractors today. I am a bit hesitant on buying or even considering without some input on the brand. the owner of the dealership seemed to be a great guy and very knowledgeable on the brand and hit all the great selling features of the brand, but with very little info or reviews out there on the t353 i am a bit reserved about the brand. any owners of the brand wanna tell me about their experiences with the tym brand.
I have a Mahindra 2810 built by T.Y.M. it is a very nice Machine. I am well pleased with It.

/ tym tractors #5  
I purchased a new TYM 233 4X4 w/FEL in November 2010. It's done everything I ask, which is keeping trails bush hogged, and food plots plowed on 30 acres. I think its a great little machine.

/ tym tractors #6  
I have a 353HST with FEL, back blade, quick attach forks and 3pt snow blower. I use it to skid logs, and maintain my driveway and road in the winter, no problems at all in the 80hrs I have put on it. I looked at name brand tractors and felt I was getting a lot of machine for my money. A friend of mine who has built and maintained roads for over 30 years was impressed with the tractor.

/ tym tractors #7  
I bought a TYM 27 HP hst about five years ago and it has been a tough and reliable tractor. I had one small leak on the rear axle housing that the dealer fixed. No big deal really. It has done everything I have ever asked of it. Carrying logs for my grandfather to cut and use as firewood, finish mowing, brush hogging, grading drives, pushing snow, and I recently purchased a TYM subframe mount backhoe and it has been a dream to run. It is a very user friendly and powerfull machine while still being able to maneuver in tight places. And my dealer has been great with helping my with cross referenced napa brand filters.

/ tym tractors
thanks all, i would love to see the success of this machine thrive on. I am still a bit concerned being the closest dealer is over an hour away. It wouldnt be a problem had i not traded my truck in for a vw jetta diesel. but the money im saving in fuel is my new tractor payment. The dealer i went to had a t353 shuttle that i really liked, and a 2010 t433 left over. gave me a price of 19k on the 433 leftover, but i think there is more room than that in the price. and 16888 on the t353 both with fels. what you think on those prices?

/ tym tractors #9  
I'm looking at the TYM HST353 right now and debating some of the same issues. My guy is telling my low 17K ; a good 3-4 k less than the pretty green and yellow or orange paint equivalents. My debate is between new and used. I can getclose to the same machine 5-8 yrs old for 10-11k whic is about half of a new one once taxes are figured in
Did you pull the trigger on yours yet?

/ tym tractors
i didnt buy the tym, i bought a brand new kioti ds3510. It is gear driven. i got the tractor, 62inch tiller, and 5 foot rotary cutter for 17400 tax included. i just couldnt get all revved up over the tym due to lack of dealer support.