Comparison Kubota BX2660 va. John Deere 1026r (Again)

/ Kubota BX2660 va. John Deere 1026r (Again) #11  
So why is it that nobody who recommends Kubota says that they would gladly pay more for it than for the competitor's? Would we be having the same conversation if the Kubota was priced $3000 higher? Or, would the Deere already be in the garage without a second thought? It seems from everything I've read that after someone makes a purchase of Kubota they try to justify what they may be missing by saying "well I saved thousands". I can totally respect a tractor budget, as I would've liked to buy much more than a SCUT. I know what it's like to be up against a budget limit and have many wants and needs. I simply bought what I wanted.

I don't know if that's so much an issue -- people are normally looking for the most tractor they can get for a certain amount of money. In my case, I could get a B2620 for the same price as a 1026R, or a B2920 for $700 more. It was a no brainer to get the B2920 -- it's a lot more tractor for similar money compared to the 1026R. I guess if you want to look at it more directly, I did save money over a comparable 2000 series Deere, but they weren't seriously on my shopping list anyhow.

/ Kubota BX2660 va. John Deere 1026r (Again) #12  
I thought this is interesting. All things being equal (dealer discounts), at a $3000 discount the Kubota guy is either leaving something out or paying you to take the tractor. For the 3.8% price difference I believe that the seat, position control, loader park stand, loader bucket quick attach, directional pedals, folding ROPS, AutoConnect, fender lights, toolbox, cup holders, instruments, tilt steering, floor pad, SCV position, three point hitch sway bars, MMM lift linkage, hydro cooling fan, fuel tank location, and available attachments are well worth the difference. Last year in my area, phone calls to three BX dealers and three R dealers yielded a spread of +/- $250, not even worth talking about. All were 14-16 percent lower than attached.

image-3924144228.jpg

image-3297534823.jpg

/ Kubota BX2660 va. John Deere 1026r (Again) #13  
I have learned that you can't put too much importance on spec sheets or one person's experience on tractors. Anyone who has read my past posts will see I initially recommended the 1026R over the BX. After looking at them in person and reading the same stuff as Paystar, I am just not so sure anymore and don't know which way I would go and I HATE quarter inching valves.

/ Kubota BX2660 va. John Deere 1026r (Again) #14  
I ahve to tread lightly here as to not offend and I am not bashing. I really liked the JD 1026R when I first saw it, and they do have a lot of nice features, but I am now scared of them. All you have to do is look at all the threads on them, here and on the green forum and it seems like it is just problem after problem. Loader stands that rub and crack, auto connect decks that don't auto connect with out changing springs and lots of fiddling, cruise and brake levers snapping off, leaking coolant overflow bottles, poor fit and finish where the rear fenders meet the rops, problems with the independant lifts. I think it is pretty sad. One would figure with Deeres reputation they wouldn't sell you that for top dollar.

Without trying to sound like I'm only trying to defend JD: all the new people here that have the complaints are the few that do. There are many more people who like to complain than like to say something good. Just like it's easier to say something negative, than positive. So just reading what's on the forums is a little biased.

I think that how Deere discontinued the 2305 and then was rushing around to put the 1026r together screwed up the process though. After multiple delays people wanted their 1026's and were getting anxious. I think they threw it on the market before it was 100% ready and tested. Obviously this is without any proof. All models have their original glitches, this just seems to have a couple more.

/ Kubota BX2660 va. John Deere 1026r (Again)
I would like to thank everyone that responded... it certainly has helped me make my decision to buy the Kubota BX2660. I too liked the JD features (particularly autoconnect) but really want the best long term. $3,000 goes a long way to paying for service, maintenance and add-ons over the life of the tractor. Kubota it is.

/ Kubota BX2660 va. John Deere 1026r (Again) #16  
Without trying to sound like I'm only trying to defend JD: all the new people here that have the complaints are the few that do. There are many more people who like to complain than like to say something good. Just like it's easier to say something negative, than positive. So just reading what's on the forums is a little biased.

I think that how Deere discontinued the 2305 and then was rushing around to put the 1026r together screwed up the process though. After multiple delays people wanted their 1026's and were getting anxious. I think they threw it on the market before it was 100% ready and tested. Obviously this is without any proof. All models have their original glitches, this just seems to have a couple more.

Good points and one of the reasons I avoid the first year or two of production. Kubota had problems with the BXxx50 Series which brought about the BXxx60 Series. The BXxx60 is a mature line and while I love position control 3PH, no exposed HST fan and the other features and really wanted to like the 1026R, for now I am more comfortable with the BX. I do keep an open mind as we own a John Deere 2305 as well as BX2660.

/ Kubota BX2660 va. John Deere 1026r (Again) #17  
I would like to thank everyone that responded... it certainly has helped me make my decision to buy the Kubota BX2660. I too liked the JD features (particularly autoconnect) but really want the best long term. $3,000 goes a long way to paying for service, maintenance and add-ons over the life of the tractor. Kubota it is.

My wife loves "her" 2660, formerly "our" 2660. We added Bro Tek plates as we use to use it in the woods some and also had rear wheel weights to help with stability on hills and with the FEL.

/ Kubota BX2660 va. John Deere 1026r (Again) #18  
I'm currently going through this very same debate and these are all good points. I emailed the Bro Tek guys asking about their plates but I have yet to hear back, that being very important towards my BX decision. Does anyone know when they usually roll out the newest John Deere models? Now that we are far along in the year I was curious when the 2013 1026R would be announced, or does that usually happen at the beginning of the year? There is a Drive Green event the first week in August here which I plan to go to and try them out hopefully side by side. I also didn't know if they would be showing off the next models at the event?

/ Kubota BX2660 va. John Deere 1026r (Again) #19  
Go to the drive event. Drive both the bx and the 1026r and you will feel the difference in power and comfort.

I have the 1026r, had some service issues which were corrected. I would have bought it again without question. The problems are easily correctable with service that cares, or by yourself if you choose.

The dealer doesn't get better if they don't know if there was a problem. Few people have had major issues with this tractor, and the ones that have were taken care of with the ones I know of.

/ Kubota BX2660 va. John Deere 1026r (Again) #20  

This is exactly why I never buy the first year or two of a brand new model of anything