Buying Advice Zero Turn Advice

/ Zero Turn Advice #21  
My neighbor runs a commercial mowing company. He has had all brands. I do the maintiance on the mowers, trailers, and trucks for him. Lets put it this way, he has ran Ferris for the last 8 years. He also has one Scag and one Exmark but keeps going back to the Ferris. His all time favorite machine was the Ferris 2000 with a 60" deck and a 27HP Kawasaki. I would stay away from Briggs. Every machine he has owned, maybe 12 in the last 15 years, that had a Briggs (2 or 3 of them) was junk. The Kawasaki's and the Kohler's are bullet proof but I would give the edge to the Kaw.

He now runs 2 Ferris 3100's with 72" decks and 35HP Kaw, a Exmark 60" with a Kohler, and a Scag 60" with the Kohler. The Ferris is hands down more machine but he 72" deck can be a little too big. I would get a 60" deck no matter what you do. My BIL just bought a brand new Scag 52" Kohler powered machine this spring. He wishes now he had the 60" deck because you can get up closer to obstacles and mow under pine trees with more overhang.

Look at all brands and find a dealer you like then buy something that will last you. By the way, you are not alone with a crap mower. Me and him have both had mowers that we put 80% of the original purchase price back into in 3 years. Mine was a King Kutter for the 3 point and his was a Gravely.

Chris

/ Zero Turn Advice
So I went for a test drive today and I ended up buying the Bobcat Fastcat 61" w/Kawasaki Engine from a local dealer that a good friend has been happily using for almost 20 years. The dealer will set up, deliver and pick up the mower if it needs warranty work (5 year warranty). He'll be delivering early tomorrow morning. I'll post again after I've mowed once or twice to let everyone know how it works.

Thanks for all of your help and advice.

Jeff

/ Zero Turn Advice
We finally had enough rain to have enough grass to mow! I went out last night with my new mower and mowed in about 40 minutes what used to take me more than 1.5 hours! I love my new mower, it will still take some getting used to, but it makes me wonder why I waited so long to upgrade.

Thanks again for everyone's input. While I hope I don't need it, it's VERY nice to know that I have a friendly, helpful, competent dealer behind me.

/ Zero Turn Advice #25  
Great news and as they say no pics you are pulling our leg! Especially a shot with grins from ear to ear as you zip around!

When I first got mine and cut in 90* heat I it was great - like being on a bumper car @ the amusement park.

What engine HP - 27? Cuts well?

Congrats on your new machine.

Carl