Comparison Kubota L4600 and John Deere 5045D

/ Kubota L4600 and John Deere 5045D #1  

smkish

Tractor
Kubota
Our Non-Profit horse park is in the market for a new tractor. Used for mowing, grooming arenas, snow removal occasionally. I have pricing on these tractors but do not know enough to make an informed decision. Any feedback is welcome.

/ Kubota L4600 and John Deere 5045D #2  
Both great tractors! I really like the L4600, but pick the color you like best.

/ Kubota L4600 and John Deere 5045D #3  
Both good tractors. The Kubota is Compact Utility and the John Deere is a Utility.

The 5045D is a two wheel drive tractor so I assume you are looking at the two wheel drive version of the Kubota. If that is the case I would go with the JD since it weighs about 1000 lbs more which would help with traction.

/ Kubota L4600 and John Deere 5045D #4  
Both good tractors. The Kubota is Compact Utility and the John Deere is a Utility.

The 5045D is a two wheel drive tractor so I assume you are looking at the two wheel drive version of the Kubota. If that is the case I would go with the JD since it weighs about 1000 lbs more which would help with traction.

Gonna agree with Bullseye on this one if we are talking 2wd,the added weight will be nice of the DEERE.

/ Kubota L4600 and John Deere 5045D #5  
I too believe the 5045D would be best suited for the basic tasks you describe. I also recommend opting for the largest rear tire you can get. This should be the 16.9-28. Have the rear tires filled and you should be good to go for several thousand hours.

/ Kubota L4600 and John Deere 5045D #6  
The L4600 is built on the grand L platform, so it's a step above the basic L series. MX also and is nice if you want to step up to a larger rig.

I've been a Kubota guy for nearly 30 years, but I'm looking hard at the JD 5055 for my next 'big' tractor. Not gettin rid of any Kubotas though, just addin to the herd, :D

/ Kubota L4600 and John Deere 5045D #7  
Doubled my post? Sorry...

/ Kubota L4600 and John Deere 5045D #9  
Our Non-Profit horse park is in the market for a new tractor. Used for mowing, grooming arenas, snow removal occasionally. I have pricing on these tractors but do not know enough to make an informed decision. Any feedback is welcome.

Looking at your list of tasks I don't see the need or benefit in a larger frame tractor, it would seem that a compact utility should be a good fit.

/ Kubota L4600 and John Deere 5045D #10  
Looking at your list of tasks I don't see the need or benefit in a larger frame tractor, it would seem that a compact utility should be a good fit.

I was thinking maybe a Kubota mx4700/5100,4x4 but wasnt gonna say it or the L4600 4x4... But out of the two in 2wd I would get the DEERE and thats coming from a Kubota GUY:D