TRACTOR DOZER BLADES

/ TRACTOR DOZER BLADES #1  
Tractor
Thinking of buying a KUBOTA MX5100
Does anyone know how effective Tractor Dozer Blades would be if they are available for a Kubota MX5100 HST 4 WD or any other tractor ? Does anyone know where to get them from and do they come with hydraulic moving parts or fixed?

/ TRACTOR DOZER BLADES #2  
The average tractor such as your Kubota MX5100 HST is just too light to do much good. A small tracked dozer of 15,000lbs can grade loose ground effectively but a 5.000 lb tractor just doesn't cut it. A rear blade or box blade would be a better choice because you would have a little more steering control. I wouldn't advise spending money on a tractor dozing blade.

/ TRACTOR DOZER BLADES #4  
when i was much younger several local farmers had dozer blades on 100+ hp tractors.the general consensus was that they were good for fixing waterways , terraces or filling in ditches.now i do not know anyone with one .but i see a lot of tracked dozers now.

/ TRACTOR DOZER BLADES #5  
I have one that's not much on dirt but great on snow up to about 20 inches.

/ TRACTOR DOZER BLADES #6  
We had one on a 2wd Ford 7700. If the ground was not too hard or we ripped it up first, you could push quite a bit with the tractor - but it had weighted wheels and a cab and was probably much bigger/heavier than a Kubota MX5100.

I can tell you that my little Case 310 dozer far and away outpushes/digs better than the Ford 7700, and the little dozer is only about 30 hp as opposed to the 80 some-odd that the tractor was. The real difference is in the weight distribution and the tracks.

Good luck with whatever you choose. Take care.