Comparison Kioti, Kubota, JD or Mahindra

/ Kioti, Kubota, JD or Mahindra #1  

larry2660

Hi my first post so be patient please.
I presently own 1985 Ford 1710 with bushhog 2240 qt loader, have put in driveway pipe, landscaped, bushog, tilled garden spots, etc with no major problems in 20 + years.
I am looking for a tractor with open platform, concerned about tripping getting off, in 35 hp range.
Just wondering how the above tractors stack up with you folks on here.
I have a friend who had Kubota and got rid of it for JD due to some issues he read about on some forums.
I do not want to make a costly mistake, the Kioti looks like a lot for the money, found a used (<100 hr) for 14 K
I am trying to stay away from the new ones strickly to safe some money had a JD dealer offer me 3038e with loader 18 K and change out the door delivered. So not a lot of difference there.
Just asking for some help in deciding which way to go
thanks for reading and all advice is appreciated.

Larry

/ Kioti, Kubota, JD or Mahindra #2  
I presently own 1985 Ford 1710 with bushhog 2240 qt loader, have put in driveway pipe, landscaped, bushog, tilled garden spots, etc with no major problems in 20 + years.
I am looking for a tractor with open platform, concerned about tripping getting off, in 35 hp range.
I have a friend who had Kubota and got rid of it for JD due to some issues he read about on some forums.
I do not want to make a costly mistake, the Kioti looks like a lot for the money, found a used (<100 hr) for 14 K
I am trying to stay away from the new ones strickly to safe some money had a JD dealer offer me 3038e with loader 18 K and change out the door delivered. So not a lot of difference there.

Larry
Please advise which Kioti for 14K, and how equipped. I also like Kioti's, but almost all modern tractors are good, you just have to decide which one is for you, and is equipped the way you want. That particular JD is an economy model. Not fancy but a lot of people like them.. I prefer more "goodies" on my tractor now. Things like Skid Steer Quick Attach, 3 range Hydrostat, Telescoping Lower links and stabilizers for easy hookup (less cursing that way). Front End Loader easy to take on and off. Independent PTO. Suspension seat, tilt wheel. I paid 19300 for my DK35se (last years model). But it is a lot more tractor than a JD3038e. Some people like "goodies" and some don't. Please give a little more info, and maybe we can help. Welcome to TBN.:thumbsup:

James K0UA

/ Kioti, Kubota, JD or Mahindra #3  

Larry

I am not an economist (fortune teller) and have bought lots of used tractors over the years and it seems to me that the best way to buy a tractor is to get a new one properly equipped and well suited for your long term needs. I advise buying new now while financing is cheap and make sure you don't have to trade up later on, trading every few years is more costly than buying it right the first time.

My current favorite that I have now is my Deere 110tlb which can handle a wide variety of jobs extremely well and has plenty of hydraulics with three front and three rear circuits. Not as fancy looking or as much power as the 4520 but is well equipped where it counts. So after seven years I am still very happy with it and glad I added the options to make it right. Not suggesting you need a 110 but that you find the right tractor with the features you want to be satisfied with for years to come.

I think most of the active forum members agree that most all brands offer some great tractors today, you need to sit on as many as you can and test drive them. The hydrostatic tractors have proven to be very reliable and durable and the same is true of the power reverser models, so don't be concerned about dependability with any of them. I prefer the flat platform operating stations as you sit a little higher and can see better.

/ Kioti, Kubota, JD or Mahindra
Please advise which Kioti for 14K, and how equipped. I also like Kioti's, but almost all modern tractors are good, you just have to decide which one is for you, and is equipped the way you want. That particular JD is an economy model. Not fancy but a lot of people like them.. I prefer more "goodies" on my tractor now. Things like Skid Steer Quick Attach, 3 range Hydrostat, Telescoping Lower links and stabilizers for easy hookup (less cursing that way). Front End Loader easy to take on and off. Independent PTO. Suspension seat, tilt wheel. I paid 19300 for my DK35se (last years model). But it is a lot more tractor than a JD3038e. Some people like "goodies" and some don't. Please give a little more info, and maybe we can help. Welcome to TBN.:thumbsup:

James K0UA

Hi James
it is a 2011 CK35 gear tractor with shuttle, KL 130 loader, 4wd, 60 hrs I think it has the quick attach bucket, and it does have the telescoping 3pt lift arms, which I think is great. I have not been in seat yet it is about 100 miles from me. Hoping to get more input from here before I go that far to look.

/ Kioti, Kubota, JD or Mahindra #5  
They are all good tractors with no real issues. I went with Kubota again, because Kubota has been super reliable for me since 1984 .

I really don't understand this though? I wouldn't get rid of anything because of something I read on a forum?

/ Kioti, Kubota, JD or Mahindra #6  
They are all good tractors with no real issues. I went with Kubota again, because Kubota has been super reliable for me since 1984 .

I really don't understand this though? I wouldn't get rid of anything because of something I read on a forum?

I don't get that either.

/ Kioti, Kubota, JD or Mahindra
Thanks Murphy no I would not get rid of it either I would be happy with any of the named tractors
I have not been on a kioti hst is it a tread peddel or seperate ones like the JD ?

/ Kioti, Kubota, JD or Mahindra #8  
Thanks Murphy no I would not get rid of it either I would be happy with any of the named tractors
I have not been on a kioti hst is it a tread peddel or seperate ones like the JD ?
The CK's have the treadle peddle, the DK's have the seperate peddles

/ Kioti, Kubota, JD or Mahindra #9  
Hi James
it is a 2011 CK35 gear tractor with shuttle, KL 130 loader, 4wd, 60 hrs I think it has the quick attach bucket, and it does have the telescoping 3pt lift arms, which I think is great. I have not been in seat yet it is about 100 miles from me. Hoping to get more input from here before I go that far to look.

If it is still like new, and has had it's 50 hour service the $14000 is about what it is worth, retail.. You might see what they can do when it gets down to the .... 'cuttin. They might deal from that figure, and they might not. You don't know unitl you try. It is worth going a ways to look at, it is a nice tractor.

James K0UA

/ Kioti, Kubota, JD or Mahindra #10  
Well I can't speak for anyone else but my dk45 is a beast with a rhino 95 c backhoe it will do anything plus more I ask of it