Buying Advice Deciding between L3800 and JD3320

/ Deciding between L3800 and JD3320 #21  
Watch out for the jerky 3 point.

/ Deciding between L3800 and JD3320
Watch out for the jerky 3 point.

Yep, tested that today when I was at the dealer. Sure enough, it's there. I know it's not a huge deal, but that is a real turn-off when thinking about buying a brand-new tractor.

/ Deciding between L3800 and JD3320 #23  
Some are worse than others,it is a shame.That made me go with Kioti

The Deere seems a bit pricy.... 16k would my top dollar. I would spec 40hp, cab, loader, and buy attachments as needed. Color would be green due to the dependability / resale value / parts availability and operating features. I would include a New Holland Boomer in this as well but they are in production revision. I know little about the latest model manufacture changes. One should consider resale value because it may come a time you will want to recover most of your investment, sometimes timely. Areas of course differ but where I live deere is at the top of the hill. Just my opinion, good luck with your search.

I'm not seeing anything that support $16k as a top dollar for a 3320 when looking at tractorhouse.com or ebay. Granted, those are asking prices, not selling prices, but still, the price I mentioned is right in the middle of what I'm seeing out there. It's a lot of money, yes, but it seems the market supports that price. If you know where I can get this same setup for $16k, by all means, let me know!

/ Deciding between L3800 and JD3320 #25  
Yep, tested that today when I was at the dealer. Sure enough, it's there. I know it's not a huge deal, but that is a real turn-off when thinking about buying a brand-new tractor.

I'm one who did not get a jerky 3 point. Mine's not as smooth as a Grand L, but not even close to as jerky as some here and on youtube. Not an issue at all for me...Very Pleased with the L3800DT!!!

/ Deciding between L3800 and JD3320 #26  
I'm one who did not get a jerky 3 point. Mine's not as smooth as a Grand L, but not even close to as jerky as some here and on youtube. Not an issue at all for me...Very Pleased with the L3800DT!!!

My L3200HST is not jerky at all either. I'll make a youtube of it next time I use it.

Well, pulled the trigger on the JD3320 (500 hours) with 300CX loader with heavy-duty 61" bucket and toothbar, 72" belly mower and 6' Landpride box blade. Serviced, shined up and delivered to my doorstep for the low, low price of $19k. Just spent the last couple hours mowing, moving a dirt pile, smoothing that out and grading a road. It's pretty unbelievable the amount of work I got done in such a short time (and I'm still getting used to the machine). The challenge now is just to start thinking of things to use it for.

Very, very happy. :)

/ Deciding between L3800 and JD3320 #28  
Well, pulled the trigger on the JD3320 (500 hours) with 300CX loader with heavy-duty 61" bucket and toothbar, 72" belly mower and 6' Landpride box blade. Serviced, shined up and delivered to my doorstep for the low, low price of $19k. Just spent the last couple hours mowing, moving a dirt pile, smoothing that out and grading a road. It's pretty unbelievable the amount of work I got done in such a short time (and I'm still getting used to the machine). The challenge now is just to start thinking of things to use it for.

Very, very happy. :)
I've always said, Having a belly mower on a 32 HP diesel, 4wd tractor is like a riding mower on steroids! :)

/ Deciding between L3800 and JD3320 #29  
I had kept my 42" riding mower when I first purchased my 6' finish mower and had thought I would keep it for mowing close to the house . But after a year and thoughts of up-keep ( batterys, oil changes , four more tires and blades to keep up with ) , I gave it to a friend and have no regrets . My tractor is more fuel thrifty than the mower was , plus I dont have to keep gas around any more . Just my thoughts .

Dk40SE

/ Deciding between L3800 and JD3320 #30  
I had kept my 42" riding mower when I first purchased my 6' finish mower and had thought I would keep it for mowing close to the house . But after a year and thoughts of up-keep ( batterys, oil changes , four more tires and blades to keep up with ) , I gave it to a friend and have no regrets . My tractor is more fuel thrifty than the mower was , plus I dont have to keep gas around any more . Just my thoughts .

Dk40SE

Sounds like what I found. Before the first mowing in the Spring of '90 here at "the new house" our box store rebadged MTD went away and we got a small tractor with a 5' belly mower. Then two different tractors with 5' RFM's. Now an L32200 with a 6' RFM. Wifey said we ought to keep the one old tractor with a 5' RFM for trimming and I'm OK with having another tool in the arsenal. So far the 6 footer was no handicap. There are a couple places I've had to make an extra swipe with the string trimmer, but the 6' deck has been doing very well.