Buying Advice 80 PTO HP RANGE

/ 80 PTO HP RANGE #11  
At the moment i would say the MF is "best" tractor but kubota would be interesting if price was right

/ 80 PTO HP RANGE #12  
hey d7e how many of them mf's do you have? why would you say they are the best? that dynastep transmission ,is it the one that stops if you pull a wire off it bush hogging? really need a good dealer with a trained mechanic to work on them.the mccormick cx95 is basically the same tractor as the older caseih cx95,which in my opinion is better than the fiats cnh sells now. i think kubota makes a good 80 horse tractor,they sure sell a lot of them. buy the way a 6x5 baler sometimes can use 80 plus horses.

/ 80 PTO HP RANGE #13  
hey d7e how many of them mf's do you have? why would you say they are the best? that dynastep transmission ,is it the one that stops if you pull a wire off it bush hogging? really need a good dealer with a trained mechanic to work on them.the mccormick cx95 is basically the same tractor as the older caseih cx95,which in my opinion is better than the fiats cnh sells now. i think kubota makes a good 80 horse tractor,they sure sell a lot of them. buy the way a 6x5 baler sometimes can use 80 plus horses.
That sounds like you are trying to breed paranoia. How many times have you actually seen that happen? That transmission has been in service since 1996. It has proven reliability.
http://www.masseyferguson.us/products/tractors/5400-series-utility-tractors/

/ 80 PTO HP RANGE #14  
Pretty much anything with a power shuttle is going to have electrical control of some sort that could be subject to a fault in the field. Operator awarness usually helps keep breakdowns to a minimum. If brush cutting were one of the primary jobs, some protection should be added to the underside of the machine to protect a number of things.

If you're buying an 80 PTO hp tractor with any kind of modern features, dealer support should be towards the top of the wish list.

/ 80 PTO HP RANGE #15  
i am sorry you feel that way,but i know of a fleet of them late model mf tractors that are getting traded because of it .that seems to be the only problem with them.maybe if the dealership had a better mechanic that could get them going faster it would not happen.is it just a small problem? the last 2 years the state of alabama has had its surplus auction.in those auctions there were several 5000 series mf's advertised with bad transmissions or motors.as these were 500 to 1500 hour tractors,i would hope it was just a wiring problem not blown motors and stripped transmissions.if you wish to look it up the jm wood auctions of montgomery sold them.

/ 80 PTO HP RANGE #16  
quick search for "round bailer" and see a range between 40 to 100 HP at the PTO. the larger the HP at the PTO the larger the round bailer you could get for larger round bails.

Round Hay Baler | Case IH
John Deere Round Balers

15' bat wing rotatory cutter. (bush hog) quick search showed min 45 and high end of 200+ HP at the PTO.

===============
size of the machine, you might look into any sort of "monitoring equipment" for newer round bailers. or if you plan to use the tractor for GPS navigation for field work.

check on creeper gears. (lower gear ratios)

if field work besides bailing, perhaps rear dully option 4 tires on rear vs 2.

round bail spear for the FEL (front end loader) and making sure you have enough counter weight in the rear. to stack round bails 2 high. other words rear tire weights or filled rear tires, or 3pt hitch ballest box/weight box. or some other heavy weight 3pt hitch implement.

if you are dealing with hills for round bails and need to drive up them while using round bailer, you might think about front weights, if you remove the "FEL" or added weights to the FEL.

3pt hitch bail spear can come handy along with round bail spear for FEL. so you can double up on round bails when removing from field. and placing on a trailer or driving to some location for storage.

heavy duty grill guard, for front of tractor. if ya bush hogging.

for bat wing use, easy access to radiator and 1 to 2 hyd oil coolers. so you can blow them out from dust to weed seeds and like. with easy access to air filters.

for FEL work, rear ballest would be needed most likely for max use of FEL, so rear tires loaded, or rear wheel weights, or 3pt hitch ballest box or some other heavy 3pt hitch implement.

pending on use of FEL, if digging, a removable tooth bar. for the front bucket, i say removable. so you can remove and back drag with front bucket.

if going with cab, and using the tractor to move round bails. would make sure you have front work lights, that set high up on the cab. so if you have round bail on front. you can see were you are driving as the sun goes down. due to regular headlights most likely blocked by the round bail.

for the 3 remotes, double check on type of lever/valve you get for each one. for position control to float, to other. so you can adjust things easier.

/ 80 PTO HP RANGE #17  
   / 80 PTO HP RANGE #18  
How about this
LS Tractor USA

It should be worth a look if you have a dealer around you.

/ 80 PTO HP RANGE
At the moment i would say the MF is "best" tractor but kubota would be interesting if price was right

Thanks D7E. The local Massey Dealer was out last week when I stopped by and the lady that showed me their inventory didnt know that much about them. I had a voice mail from the Dealer when I got in so I will get with him tomorrow. I have always had good luck with Kubota and actually tested a M9540 for the weekend getting round bales out of the field a couple months ago. They are nice tractors for right around 50K, I just wanted to look at all my options.

/ 80 PTO HP RANGE
How about this
LS Tractor USA

It should be worth a look if you have a dealer around you.

I will look into this tractor. There is a dealer close by. I see that it is almost 1000# heaver than the M9540, which by the way is one reason I'm looking around. I feel like a heaver tractor is better. I also like the longer wheelbase and the fact that it comes with 3 remotes. Have you had any experience with LS?