Buying Advice 80 PTO HP RANGE

/ 80 PTO HP RANGE
Thanks for the input! I have heard that some balers really like more than 80 PTO HP but that is for people that bale much more that I will ever do. I will just bale for myself. I figured if I continue looking for tractors in the 85 range, I should be ok. I typically but a box blade with weights on the back anytime I'm doing FEL work or stacking hay. The little 5030HSTC that I recently sold would handle a round bale on the front as long as you had one on the back or at least a box blade. It kinda felt like you was tippy toeing though when you got ahold of a large 5X6 heavy bale. I recently built a 100X40 three sided hay barn that is 16' at the lowest point so I could stack round bales 4 high, the small bota could not lift 2 bales at a time and wasnt tall enough to set the 4th bale on the top, so I'm looking forward to a bigger tractor to restack my hay and maximixe the space in the hay barn. It should hold approx. 400 if stacked 4 high and I moved all my trailers.

/ 80 PTO HP RANGE #22  
IMO massey with a good perkins power, very hard to beat, and being from s. texas, massey red in many places
david

/ 80 PTO HP RANGE
Thanks for the info. I went to Deere's website and started building my tractor and I ran out of money before I ever got started.
I looked at a Zetor and really liked it but I'm hesitant about the current dealer network in our area and the possibility of low resale value if I ever decided to sell it. Too bad no good ole American companies built tractors in the USA.:)

/ 80 PTO HP RANGE
Thanks to al for the imput and advice. I'm still trying to figure the replys on this forum.

/ 80 PTO HP RANGE #26  
IMO massey with a good perkins power, very hard to beat, and being from s. texas, massey red in many places
david

Perkins or sisu cant go wrong :)

/ 80 PTO HP RANGE #28  
Yea my montana was made by LS, I haven't had any real problems at all. You would serve yourself well if you posted on the LS site and asked others about there experance with LS my tractor is much smaller that what you are looking at so I can only give my 2C there. I was just getting you another avenue to look at the larger LS cab tractors are sweet looking I almost wish I had a need for a larger tractor. LOL

/ 80 PTO HP RANGE #30  
Wow that was really sad, and I don't even have a massy! But boy do I love tractors in general!