Buying Advice 80 PTO HP RANGE

/ 80 PTO HP RANGE #1  

dweems

Tractor
Kubota 5030 HSTC
Hello all. Im a new member to this site but I have visited it many times for the last few years.:)
I have recently sold a Ford 4000 and a Kubota L5030 HSTC both with loaders. I have found myself without a tractor for the first time in 15 years.:(
I had to sell to raise capital for a business investment I'm working on but I will be able to purchase a new one in a month or so.
Looking for advice on 80 pto hp tractors. I am looking for a tractor with 4 wheel drive, power reverser, front loader, 3 remotes and a large cab. I have had Kubotas for years and they have all been great tractors but I'm looking to see if there are better values out there. I have been looking on the different forums and visiting dealerships to test drive some of the brands that I'm not familiar with. So far I have checked out the Kubota M9540, Zetor Promixa Power 90, Massey ? 90 hp and the New Holland T5060. I wall told to stay away from the New Holland TD series but other than that I'm pretty open to any brand for my next tractor.
Basically I will use my new tractor for shredding( looking for a 15' batwing), FEL work and possibly pulling a round baler in the future on a little over 100 acres in Northeast Texas.
Question #1 Is the 80 HP PTO range big enough to pull a round baler?
Queston #2 I heard that Case IH has the same tractor as the New Holland T4.75, if so what it the model of the case? And do they have the equivilent to the T4.90 which NH has not released yet?
Question #3 Which brand has the best resale value?

Thanks for any and all comments.

/ 80 PTO HP RANGE #2  
Best resale in most parts of the country is probably Deere like a 6420 its probably German made.
Best tractor for the buck is probably the Zetor made in poland or Ugoslavia.
Case and NH are part of Fiat so their models are either Italian, Turkey or India or other Asian made depending. MF is Agco and is made in about the same places as Fiats models.

90 Hp is good for most anything.

/ 80 PTO HP RANGE #3  
Depending on which MF you are looking at, it will be built in Beauvais,France, and eventually Jackson, Minnesota. That covers 5400, 6400, 7400, 7600, 8600 series.

Prety sure the 2600 HD are Brazillian built.

Good luck.

/ 80 PTO HP RANGE #4  
J75c J75c.jpg But they are going to be like the Kubota 7040 in HP. Im sure they will have the same as the 4.90,they are same tractors one just blue other red.

/ 80 PTO HP RANGE #5  
if i was purchasing a new 80 horse tractor i would look at them in this order john deere 6230 then jd 5095m then kubota 9540 then a mccormick cx95 then a massey 5455 .i would consider others if they were a lot cheaper.of my above list i think the mccormick can be bought the cheapest the deere's the highest.if it was going to be a lifetime tractor i would lean toward the jd or kubota.good luck in your future purchase.

/ 80 PTO HP RANGE #6  
I would look at John Deere 6xxx series. 5xxxM series, and 5xxx series. The 6xxx series are quite a bit bigger and heavier than the 5xxxM and 5xxx series and offers more options. Love the Power Quad :). All can be had in the HP you want. Look at both and decide which size you want and then start looking for that series.

/ 80 PTO HP RANGE #7  
1. 80 PTO is way more than you need for a round baler. What do you plan to do with all that tractor? I'm all for bigger is better, but I have a budget too!

2. New Holland and Case are owned by Fiat under the brand name CNH (clever, right?) So yes, they are the same tractor.

3. Deere, Kubota, Massey, NH, Case - In that order.

I would take a look at the Deere 5M series. As far as features go, I think they are second to none. But it comes with a price . . .

/ 80 PTO HP RANGE #8  
1. 80 PTO is way more than you need for a round baler. What do you plan to do with all that tractor? I'm all for bigger is better, but I have a budget too!

2. New Holland and Case are owned by Fiat under the brand name CNH (clever, right?) So yes, they are the same tractor.

3. Deere, Kubota, Massey, NH, Case - In that order.

I would take a look at the Deere 5M series. As far as features go, I think they are second to none. But it comes with a price . . .
I would not rank Kubota ahead of MF. Once you get up into the bigger tractors, the Kubota is light years behind. No Dynastep for one, which is the cats meow.

/ 80 PTO HP RANGE #9  
I would not rank Kubota ahead of MF. Once you get up into the bigger tractors, the Kubota is light years behind. No Dynastep for one, which is the cats meow.

You're probably right there. Kubota is a lot better in the smaller market, where JD, Massey, NH and Case are much more preferred in the larger.

/ 80 PTO HP RANGE #10  
You're probably right there. Kubota is a lot better in the smaller market, where JD, Massey, NH and Case are much more preferred in the larger.
Kubotas price point myst be pretty good though. I have seen quite a few of their Utility tractors popping up in the area. Local Case dealer sells them. Nice to see more competition.