Price Check backhoe buckets!!! whats it worth??

/ backhoe buckets!!! whats it worth?? #1  

farmall 55a case

Platinum Member
Tractor
case ih farmall 55a
Found two backhoe buckets for my ford 420 backhoe ! He said make him an offer! One is 6in wide the other is 12 in wide what do you all think there worth?

/ backhoe buckets!!! whats it worth?? #2  
Depending on condition, couple hundred each. There's a lot of steel in backhoe buckets. A good used one will almost always generate a couple hundred bucks if not more.

/ backhoe buckets!!! whats it worth?? #3  
Just a comment on the 6 inch one. Unless you are using it for sand or gravel it will be pretty mush useless for dirt/clay and/or wet "stuff" combination. Think it would be difficult for the bucket to empty itself.

/ backhoe buckets!!! whats it worth?? #4  
I sold an almost new 9" bucket from my JD790 for $100 on fleabay. It sold in a couple of days, but shipping from MI to PA was about $75.

That was still a good price at $175 for a BH bucket. Prices of new buckets dont vary much between 18 and 9" at least on the Kubota build your own website. It has been a while but IIRC an 18 was about 600, 12 about 550 and 9" around 500 for my B 26. Larger machines of course will be more due to more robust requirements,( thicker steel etc.)

/ backhoe buckets!!! whats it worth??
Thanks for the info everyone! I offered him 250 he chuckled and said 350 then I said 300 and he said SOLD lol I walked away happy and he seemed happy too!

/ backhoe buckets!!! whats it worth?? #6  
Congrats! Pictures or it didn't happen:)