Comparison Deutz vs Mahindra

/ Deutz vs Mahindra #11  
Just looked at that Mahindra 8000 specs...I have a '02 6000 which is a 60hp normal aspiration...4cyl 195ci....obviously this is the same basic engine that the 8000 uses with a turbo...just to set the record straight and put both tractors on the same playing field, that Mahindra engine was originally designed by AVL in Austria...soooooo, (anyone that knows anything about European diesels will know who AVL is....) not so sure that the Deutz has anything over the technical aspects of the Mahindra engines... as a side note...if the 8000 was sold in the US, I'd probably have to have one....BobG in VA

PS: Regarding the 4 wheel drive aspects and getting stuck...a wise man once said that the only difference between a a 2WD and a 4WD tractor is the distance you'll get into the swamp before you do get stuck....

/ Deutz vs Mahindra #12  
I've never gotten stuck at my farm because I know where the wet spots are. I do however do some custom work for others. Seems like every place I go the owner will always forget to mention that one spot that'll get you. Looks good going in and then down you go. In this area we hit rock at about 90 ft. when drilling a well. Soil is sandy and on a wet year I've seen folks get stuck clipping pasture or spreading fertilizer. Running along on grass that wet spot will catch you like a trap.

/ Deutz vs Mahindra #13  
Gday,

I'm from Australia and looking to purchase my first ever tractor. It will be used on 300+ acres with some hilly country out the back. Main uses will be for mulching pasture, spreading seed and fertilizer, digging post holes and moving bails.

The two tractors I have been looking at are

1. Mahindra 8000 - 80hp 4WD Page-not-found
2. Deutz Fahr Agrolux 85 - 85hp 4WD Agrolux 85hp | Deutz Tractors | German Engineering | Brought to you by PFG Australia

J
He probably has very few hours on it, but check with one of your mates on here who owns the Mahindra 8000. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/mahindra-owning-operating/251809-show-your-tractor.html

/ Deutz vs Mahindra #14  
I am a Mahindra owner, have a 7520. It would be the 8000's predecessor. A very good tractor used on our 120 acres. Has given me basically no trouble( 2 oil leaks fixed by tightening the nuts that were leaking) for the last 8 years. :thumbsup: The Deutz is hands down the better tractor. The Mahindra will get the job done for less money invested, but is not as nice of a machine. Sort of like comparing a Mercedes to a Cadillac. Both good cars, both will get you where you want to go and fast at that, but the Mercedes is a better machine for more money. If money is tight, then you might want to go with the Mahindra. If not and you will be able to get the implements needed to do your work, then go for the Deutz. :cool: I doubt that either machine would give you much if any trouble. ;)

Good luck with your decision.

/ Deutz vs Mahindra #16  
PS: Regarding the 4 wheel drive aspects and getting stuck...a wise man once said that the only difference between a a 2WD and a 4WD tractor is the distance you'll get into the swamp before you do get stuck....

LOL :laughing: How true. Same goes with 4wd cars hey.