Tractor News New John Deere 5045D is in!!!

/ New John Deere 5045D is in!!! #1  

adirondackmtnman

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 5045D
Hey guys, Been lurking on here for a while, but never posted. Just wanted to let everyone know that I sprung for a new 5045D Deere, ordered it on July 5th, and it apparently arrived at the dealer's lot last friday( the 13th, lol)...It was scheduled to be delivered to him on the 26th, but I'm more than happy to take it early:) It'll be set up with a 512 loader W/73" bucket & cutting edge and 4 foot forks, hood guard, block heater, and 16.9" X 28" rear tires, loaded with rim-guard for ballast. I got a price of $22,000 even, and I'm trading in a 1966 International 624, which the dealer is giving me $4278.30 for, bringing me down below $18K @ 0% APR,and I couldn't be happier...I just need to wait a couple more days for the loader to arrive, and we'll be in business...Better than Christmas, boys!!!

/ New John Deere 5045D is in!!! #2  
You are going to LOVE it! I have had mine for a couple of years, and have had zero issues... it's a workhorse!

Jim

/ New John Deere 5045D is in!!!
Thanks Jim! Your posts definitely were a strong case for going with the 2wd version, I'm not really buying all the stuff about "needing" four wheel drive, my old international has done everything I ever have asked of it, and while my new tractor is a little smaller, and thereby won't be able to pick quite as much, she should still be able to get the job done...

UPDATE!!!! Stopped by the dealer this afternoon to check out my new tractor, they were setting up the loader in the shop when I was there...Only a little while longer...The suspense is killing me... jd.jpg

/ New John Deere 5045D is in!!! #5  
enjoy your new tractor.

/ New John Deere 5045D is in!!! #6  
The 16.9 and ballasting choices were very wise decisions. With that combination and some additional ballast on the 3pt hitch, such as a rotary mower, you will be pleased as long as you are doing loader work on flat ground. I previously had a similiar JD 5105 set up similiar and traded it on a 4wd JD 5303. The only times I really had issues was backing up an incline or out of a hole with a load in the bucket. Enjoy!!

/ New John Deere 5045D is in!!! #7  
Congrats .....prior to finding the deal on my L5740 I was seriously looking at the 5000e from jd for my next tractor i was leaning towards the 5055d outfitted like your 5045d with 16.9 and the 512 loader .. Hope you enjoy and let us know how well it works. Sounds like you got a good deal to boot

The 16.9 and ballasting choices were very wise decisions. With that combination and some additional ballast on the 3pt hitch, such as a rotary mower, you will be pleased as long as you are doing loader work on flat ground. I previously had a similiar JD 5105 set up similiar and traded it on a 4wd JD 5303. The only times I really had issues was backing up an incline or out of a hole with a load in the bucket. Enjoy!!

My current tractor has loaded rears(16.9 X 30's) and I have an oil drum cut in half with a drawbar through it filled with concrete for the 3 pt. hitch, so I should have a half decent ballast setup...I hear ya on backing up inclines with a load, I've got one or two spots on the back of my property where that's always been an issue, but most of my property is so flat, it's not really a problem.

Congrats .....prior to finding the deal on my L5740 I was seriously looking at the 5000e from jd for my next tractor i was leaning towards the 5055d outfitted like your 5045d with 16.9 and the 512 loader .. Hope you enjoy and let us know how well it works. Sounds like you got a good deal to boot

I thought it was a pretty decent deal...list price on everything was a little over 25K, so 22K isn't too bad especially with the trade in they're giving me for my old beater...She's coming home tonight and I can hardly wait!!! I'll be sure to post some pics and a review when I've put her to work...

/ New John Deere 5045D is in!!! #10  
Take some pictures! Then go get her DIRTY!!