Comparison Kioti v Kabota - AGAIN

/ Kioti v Kabota - AGAIN #1  

peggster

Tractor
massey ferguson 220-4
we currently own a MF 220-4, really to small for what we do. some work on the property ie dragging trees, hauling firewood, but it is mostly used to move logging equipemnt around. the bunks we have to move weigh between 1000 - 1200 lbs, and we drag log trailers weighing up to 10000 lbs. we are looking at the Kubota L4600 HST, also the Kioti DK45SE or maybe the DK50SE. from reading your forum i know the two tractors seem to be asked about alot, but we could sure use some advice!

/ Kioti v Kabota - AGAIN #2  
we currently own a MF 220-4, really to small for what we do. some work on the property ie dragging trees, hauling firewood, but it is mostly used to move logging equipemnt around. the bunks we have to move weigh between 1000 - 1200 lbs, and we drag log trailers weighing up to 10000 lbs. we are looking at the Kubota L4600 HST, also the Kioti DK45SE or maybe the DK50SE. from reading your forum i know the two tractors seem to be asked about alot, but we could sure use some advice!

Both tractor lines are good, I have a slightly smaller Kioti the DK35seHST and love it, and I have owned 2 Kubota's The Kioti's are a good value for the money, typically have slightly better spec's especially in the loaders, the DK40 and 45 and 50 all have the same chassis and loader spec's with the KL401 loader. They are really powerful loaders. The Kioti line is in general a heavier tractor than the same size Kubota tractor. For example my 38 horsepower Kioti is over 1000 lbs heavier than the 36 Horsepower Kubota I traded in on it. The equates to more push, pull, drag and general ability to move things by applying more traction to the ground. That said you can always add ballast to a lighter tractor. Again, both are good, and you would not go wrong with either.

James K0UA

/ Kioti v Kabota - AGAIN #3  
For starters, kubota is spelled with a U and not an A.

The kioti is bigger and heavier. It will lift more, and pull more. You need to be looking at at kubota L5040, MX5100, or M5040 for a closer comparison. With the L5040 being about the closest, the MX5100 a tad smaller, and the M5040 a tad larger. Those will obviously cost more $$$, but will be able to do more as well.

/ Kioti v Kabota - AGAIN #4  
One other thing, the DK45 vs the L4600 is that they are not in the same feature class.. the DK series is a more luxurious line of tractors and the L4600 is a "standard" tractor. the DK line has a lot more features, and is more comparable to the Kubota Grand L line of tractors. That may or may not matter to you, but the L4600 and the DK45 are really apples to oranges:)

James K0UA

/ Kioti v Kabota - AGAIN #5  
One other thing, the DK45 vs the L4600 is that they are not in the same feature class.. the DK series is a more luxurious line of tractors and the L4600 is a "standard" tractor. the DK line has a lot more features, and is more comparable to the Kubota Grand L line of tractors. That may or may not matter to you, but the L4600 and the DK45 are really apples to oranges:)

James K0UA

There is quite a bit of difference in the transmission of the kioti and the Grand L line. I feel weight is important as well as it's placement. We have plenty of Kubota's that are doing the same work as what you are.

/ Kioti v Kabota - AGAIN #6  
Both make good tractors! Go look at them and buy the one you like best.

I use a L3800 in a logging operation and have no complaints at all. It's a bit on the small side, but that's what I need here.

/ Kioti v Kabota - AGAIN
sorry about the spelling. thanks for the info, when we left the kubota dealers the other day, he did suggest we think about the m series. we're going to look at the kioti today. hubby not real sure he likes the forward/reverse pedal on the kubota,also the salesperson not able to answer all our questions and apparently didn't think it important to see if someone else could. so, maybe looking at another kubota dealership in the end.

/ Kioti v Kabota - AGAIN #8  
As mentioned, you really need to compare comparable models between the brands to get an accurate assessment and really need to spend as much time on them as you can. I don't really know that there is any difference in quality between the two brands.

As to the pedal, an L will be different than a GL; don't know about Kioti.

I recently went from a standard HST Kubota to an HST+ and it has some features not available on the Kioti, whether it's worth the extra money I just don't know. Kioti also has features unavailable on the Kubota like the ability on some to control the 3PH from the back to make hook ups easier etc.

One thing I have found is that a tractor seems to shrink once off the lot and what might feel uncomfortable on the lit may become really nice once you acclimate to it. I've only driven one tractor on the lot that I instantly loved everything.

A dealer is very important to me and there is one great dealer in my area and one I won't deal with.

/ Kioti v Kabota - AGAIN #9  
As for the 2 pedal system on the Kioti I did not think I would like it, but have become "one" with it now.. I went from the Kubota single pedal system and really liked it. No problem with either now.. the Grand L does have a more sophisticated hydro than the Kioti does. The Hydrostat + on the Grand L series has several useful features. Now that L4600 you are looking at will not have Hydrostat + and will have a long single treadle pedal that is more horizontal. The Grand L series will have a single pedal that is a little more vertical. The DK series of Kioti will have the 2 pedal system like New Holland and John Deere does, and the Kioti CK series will have the long horizontal treadle pedal like the Kubota standard L series does. It is a matter of preference. The DK series has many other convenience features that make operation easier than a standard L, the only one I can think of that a Grand L does not have is the rear 3pt control for ease of hooking up without going around the fender to raise or lower the 3 pt. These are all fairly minor differences. Except for the Hydrostat+ transmission in the Grand L, which I see as a next generation Hydrostat. Good luck in which ever you choose and I am sure you will be happy with it.

James K0UA

/ Kioti v Kabota - AGAIN #10  
Remember when you compare apples ro aplples you have to also consider dollar to dollAr . The facts are your not going to get a kioti and kubota to ever match because to match ability you'll pay more$ for the kubota, but there both fine machines . I personally have a dk 45 s with a 451 loader and a rhino 95 c backhoe and believe me it's quite capable of just about everything a tractor in it's class (even bigger) would be expected to do.