Buying Advice Rocket Steel Buildings aka Centuria Steel Corp aka Aztec Steel, etc...

/ Rocket Steel Buildings aka Centuria Steel Corp aka Aztec Steel, etc...
Follow up re: Rocket Steel Buildings aka Centuria Steel Corp aka Aztec Steel, etc...

Regret to say Arnold Davis, President of Rocket Steel Buildings aka Centuria Steel Corp aka Aztec Steel proved himself to be completely full of hot air - all talk and no action. I never did receive a response to my several messages to him, never did receive any references for Rocket Steel nor Centuria Steel, never did receive a Contract that was possible to read, never did receive the flight ticket to back up Davis offer to fly to his factory, if it even exists. BBB has never heard of Centuria Steel Buildings, Philadelphia Dept of State still has no address on record for Centuria Steel Buildings, etc ect.
But I did receive a message from the Salesman who calls himself "Doctor":
Quote: "Your order has been cancelled. I never agred to fly you any where. Because you have failed to sign the Contract in the allotted time frame, your order (never placed) has been cancelled and if you wish to start again, simply add 2,065% to the previous price. Doc"

/ Rocket Steel Buildings aka Centuria Steel Corp aka Aztec Steel, etc... #12  
Re: Follow up re: Rocket Steel Buildings aka Centuria Steel Corp aka Aztec Steel, etc

Well, I guess you've got an answer on whether to give them a shot and do business with them or not. They did not and apparently will not be coming through for you. Time to move on, you've wasted more than enough time on them.
Try the info I gave you on Future Steel. They did OK for me. But of course that was 7 years ago. Hopefully things haven't changed for the worst.

/ Rocket Steel Buildings aka Centuria Steel Corp aka Aztec Steel, etc...
Re: Follow up re: Rocket Steel Buildings aka Centuria Steel Corp aka Aztec Steel, etc

From Future Steel:

CLEAR SPAN “A” MODEL STEEL BUILDING
A Model - 30’ Wide x 18’ High x 40’ Long
• Front wall has 12x14 framed opening
• 1-3x7 service door insulated
• Base plate connectors
• R-13 insulation
• Rear steel end wall – solid
• All Necessary Hardware plus 10% extra of required amount
• Erection & Foundation Manuals & Drawings
• 3 Sets of Certified Engineered Drawings of your building & foundation
• 30-year rust, perforation and corrosion warranty. (Fire, wind and snow resistant)
• CSA Approved
• Delivered to Nanaimo

Price:………….………………$34,700.00

Travis Blackmore
Building Consultant
FUTURE BUILDINGS
1405 Denison Street
Markham, ON L3R 5V2

8006685111 ext 253
tblackmore@futurebuildings.com
FutureBuildings.com

/ Rocket Steel Buildings aka Centuria Steel Corp aka Aztec Steel, etc... #14  

Seems like someone always has steel buildings on a trailer at a discount price. Whats completly pathetic is they want you to believe they are close to your location with no shipping charge and various size structures. The phone number is five states away and the guarantee will never disappear. Advertising,building steel, diesel fuel, insurance, trucking equipment and drivers must be aweful cheap leave alone their " once in a lifetime sale price ".

/ Rocket Steel Buildings aka Centuria Steel Corp aka Aztec Steel, etc... #15  

An informed buyer is a smart-shopper. The buyer, in this case Vancouver Island Waterjet, elected to approach a company with a heritage in steel buildings, Pioneer Steel Buildings LLC, of Toronto, owned by 84 year-old Terry Powell, an innovator in Clearspan architecture. There is only one Pioneer Steel. They have a good sense of right and wrong. It all begins with the steel, Galvalume Plus AZM180 from Dofasco ArcelorMittal right in Hamilton, Ontario. The key may just be to offer the customer such an outstanding experience that they will come back for building enhancements and also tell their friends about the experience. Thank you Vancouver Island Waterjet for selecting Pioneer for your building solution....

Last edited:
   / Rocket Steel Buildings aka Centuria Steel Corp aka Aztec Steel, etc... #16  
Sounds like VIW was dealing at first with the same bunch of liars and scammers at US Metal Buildings. I've backed out of the metal building market all together and will be building it myself with red iron and R panels. The lies and scams have ruined me on the entire metal kit building market.

/ Rocket Steel Buildings aka Centuria Steel Corp aka Aztec Steel, etc... #17  

This is an inflated proposal.

/ Rocket Steel Buildings aka Centuria Steel Corp aka Aztec Steel, etc... #18  

I ordered one started beginning of Aug. It was not a company I would recommend, here is a email I sent the sales person drwilliams also I believe known as "doc" :well I figured I should update you on this highly disappointing project. First I guess would be when I got the flyer and contacted rocket steel the shed/garage I had in mind and discribed on the phone was this enclosed photo as you see it shows a man door and garage door. Hence all the confusion when I was told no man door, now that we have managed to get it up I see why it is a egg shape. In all the confusion with getting the permit (which again on the phone I was told it was all dealt with on your end) and concrete I never noticed that the design sent was a egg shape or at that time I would have halted the order. My wife said when she spoke to you and asked about the number on the order form how you could tell what one it was you told her they were the sizes, we still never clued in to ask that we were talking about the same shed. Still on the invoice I paid, it shows two doors a 8x8 and man door and hardware. I was told on the phone by you the doors are insulated, nope the door it not insulated then to add insult there is no way to lock it, it doesn't come with a lock for the outside. It has a bracket to lock from inside however I have no other way in since I only received one door,so after all the money and time I have a large egg that I cannot lock without a insulated door which was dented and I had to straighten out, which is the only way in not at all like I told you on the phone I was hoping to put in my back yard and not offend any of my neighbours. I took photos of a lower panel that came bent and highly scratched as were the panels on the arches. The concrete pad to meet the permit inspection which had to go by the design sent to us ended up costing $3600.00 not the $1000.00 approx you told me. You also said on the phone it could be installed to the angle iron lagged to the concrete pad but in the instructions it says under no circumstances do not do that.
The day it was delivered I received a phone call that it would be here in a hour and I needed a forklight to get off the truck as it was on top and bundled this you failed to mention would be something I needed to supply. The truck driver was great and waited while I called around and found a company that had a forklift brought to me from a town 25 min away which cost me quite a bit to unload the thing. We started putting it together last Sat and just managed to get done except the grouting it definitly did not take 2 days to get up. Now we are waiting for final city approvel.
Would I ever recommend to friends Rocket Steel no way, there was too many things discussed and told supplied on the phone that I was looking for that did not happen like you saying you help with all permits, this was a very expensive, stressful lesson learned from us on ordering by phone.

/ Rocket Steel Buildings aka Centuria Steel Corp aka Aztec Steel, etc... #19  

From Future Steel:

CLEAR SPAN “A” MODEL STEEL BUILDING
A Model - 30’ Wide x 18’ High x 40’ Long
• Front wall has 12x14 framed opening
• 1-3x7 service door insulated
• Base plate connectors
• R-13 insulation
• Rear steel end wall – solid
• All Necessary Hardware plus 10% extra of required amount
• Erection & Foundation Manuals & Drawings
• 3 Sets of Certified Engineered Drawings of your building & foundation
• 30-year rust, perforation and corrosion warranty. (Fire, wind and snow resistant)
• CSA Approved
• Delivered to Nanaimo

Price:………….………………$34,700.00

Travis Blackmore
Building Consultant
FUTURE BUILDINGS
1405 Denison Street
Markham, ON L3R 5V2

8006685111 ext 253
tblackmore@futurebuildings.com
FutureBuildings.com

How does that price compare to the price given to you by Rocket, aka, aka, etc. at the beginning of this thread?
What did you decide to do in the end?