Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 46
  1. #21
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    11
    Location
    McKees Rocks, PA
    Tractor
    ALL

    Default Re: Rocket Steel Buildings aka Centuria Steel Corp aka Aztec Steel, etc...

    My name is Marty Richards and I work for RocketSteelBuildings. Let's address the issues and set things straight. This way in the future if you need a building you can contact me directly.

    1.The building in Victoria is a set back issue. This has to do with the customers property, and not our building meeting the codes. The factory cannot ship a building that does not meet the loading requirements. It is the customers responsibility to check the setbacks for there property, and is stated 3 times on the invoice for situations just like this. Our engineers still have to get paid for doing the drawings. It is not just us taking the deposit. This rarely comes up, but if the customer is reporting to the city , and not the county I would make sure your setbacks before you buy anything.

    2. I am not understanding not knowing the shape of the building. Was the model or type of building not on the invoice? I would like the gentlemen with the door issues to send me the invoice. If this is truly an order with our company. What is the order number? I will take a look at what I can do. The engineering is given to pull the permit. We supply wetsealed stamped drawings. The permit is not something any company can do for you. We send the engineering before the building ships, and do guarantee the building will meet codes 100%. Setbacks are something that need to be checked. Especially, when dealing with the city, and not the county. I do not know what was told to you by the salesman, but like I said send me the invoice and we can go from there. Also, the machines are not calibrated to cut the man doors on the steel endwalls. The mandoors on the pictures are from endwalls fabricated by the customers. Email me and I will see what I can do to help you out.

    3. We are not affiliated with Us Metal Buildings, and we manufacturer arch buildings. They are an I beam company.

    4. We give tours of the factory. We ask that if the customer comes they are prepared to make a purchase.

    If you are interested in doing comparison at any time. Please give me a call or email me.

    Thanks

  2. #22
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,252
    Location
    Balls Creek, NC
    Tractor
    New Holland 1720

    Default Re: Rocket Steel Buildings aka Centuria Steel Corp aka Aztec Steel, etc...

    We have several local contractors here in our area that has excellent reputations concerning steel buildings...
    My dad had a 40x20x14 erected at his home and later the same company moved it to another location...
    This time they added 5' to it, enclosed it, and put in a garage door...
    Very reputable...
    My advise to anyone completing this type of building is to go with a local contractor that has built his business with these type structures...
    The company that installed my dad's has been in business over 25 years in the area and are very reputable...

  3. #23
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    11
    Location
    McKees Rocks, PA
    Tractor
    ALL

    Default Re: Rocket Steel Buildings aka Centuria Steel Corp aka Aztec Steel, etc...

    I have a 40x60x18 Q model fully enclosed in 22 gauge steel delivered for 15000 available right now.

    The price will only change based on the snow load or wind requirements. If the building has to drop to 20, 18 or 16 gauge steel I will work out the clearance price for that building. The building as it sits hold 44lbs per sq ft.




    Marty

  4. #24
    New Member HereticWild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    22
    Location
    Armstrong, BC
    Tractor
    Kioti CK20 HST

    Default Re: Rocket Steel Buildings aka Centuria Steel Corp aka Aztec Steel, etc...

    Quote Originally Posted by rocketsteelbuildings View Post
    My name is Marty Richards and I work for RocketSteelBuildings. Let's address the issues and set things straight. This way in the future if you need a building you can contact me directly.

    1.The building in Victoria is a set back issue. This has to do with the customers property, and not our building meeting the codes. The factory cannot ship a building that does not meet the loading requirements. It is the customers responsibility to check the setbacks for there property, and is stated 3 times on the invoice for situations just like this. Our engineers still have to get paid for doing the drawings. It is not just us taking the deposit. This rarely comes up, but if the customer is reporting to the city , and not the county I would make sure your setbacks before you buy anything.

    2. I am not understanding not knowing the shape of the building. Was the model or type of building not on the invoice? I would like the gentlemen with the door issues to send me the invoice. If this is truly an order with our company. What is the order number? I will take a look at what I can do. The engineering is given to pull the permit. We supply wetsealed stamped drawings. The permit is not something any company can do for you. We send the engineering before the building ships, and do guarantee the building will meet codes 100%. Setbacks are something that need to be checked. Especially, when dealing with the city, and not the county. I do not know what was told to you by the salesman, but like I said send me the invoice and we can go from there. Also, the machines are not calibrated to cut the man doors on the steel endwalls. The mandoors on the pictures are from endwalls fabricated by the customers. Email me and I will see what I can do to help you out.

    3. We are not affiliated with Us Metal Buildings, and we manufacturer arch buildings. They are an I beam company.

    4. We give tours of the factory. We ask that if the customer comes they are prepared to make a purchase.

    If you are interested in doing comparison at any time. Please give me a call or email me.

    Thanks
    Your point number 1 is a joke.
    I was told that the building Mike Porter was offering was a cancellation so the price was reduced by the previous deposit.
    Which means, the "engineers" were already paid.
    Due to financial reasons beyond my control - I can not pursue the building that I was coerced into putting a $5,000 deposit from my MasterCard.
    I have repeatedly requested for my deposit back, I even offered going halfway - to cover whatever costs you say you have.
    The only one I see is the $5 or so it cost you to mail me a copy of the "engineered" drawings - which are old - IE - they were not drafted up for me personally - which means your so called engineers did nothing.

    I have also posted this on Ripoff Report | Scams, reviews, complaints, lawsuits and frauds. File a report, post your review. Consumers educating consumers.

    I hope by my posting it makes others not fall for your poor business practices.
    I just wish I had known about the way you guys operate before I made my mistake.

    Rgds...Geoff

  5. #25
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    11
    Location
    McKees Rocks, PA
    Tractor
    ALL

    Default Re: Rocket Steel Buildings aka Centuria Steel Corp aka Aztec Steel, etc...

    Geoff,

    Every building has to be engineered. You have to use our engineering to pull a permit. What you received was your "blueprints" not the "stamped engineered drawings" that you receive to pull your permit. Those you receive before you take delivery of your building. We cannot ship the building unless it meets codes.

    I will in no way downplay your frustrations on your decision to purchase a steel building from us. On the invoice we have "3" locations that say the deposit is "non refundable." Did someone else sign and send this back? Did you not read your invoice you signed before you sent it back? We do not make charges on a credit cards unless we have a "signed invoice." Every metal building factory has this on the invoice. We 100% have live up to any order, and deliver a product that will 100% work for you application. You have a contract that you signed with us. In no way are few scamming you.

    The invoice is made mainly that way to protect the company in larger orders. If we manufacture a 10 building order and make the buildings brand new our costs have to be covered. Our guys that make the buildings have to be paid, the machines have to be run. So, its not just the engineering costs. That is why it is made clear on the invoice the deposits are "non refundable", and we state in multiple times.

    I understand your financial situation has changed. It was a poor decision it looks like to buy a steel building at the time. Please do not blame the salesman for selling you the building because he was just doing his job. Please don't slander the company that we "scammed you." You purchased a metal building that clearly states everything in writing and the "financial reasons" out of your control are the real reason you are upset. I apologize for that. We will 100% follow through on our end of the contract and fulfill everything on our end.

    I apologize for the way you are feeling about your purchase. I have made poor purchases myself and have regretted them. I hope you will reconsider, and delete your comments about scamming you because a lot of hard working guys, and families are getting hurt by those comments.


    Sincerely,


    Marty

  6. #26
    New Member HereticWild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    22
    Location
    Armstrong, BC
    Tractor
    Kioti CK20 HST

    Default Re: Rocket Steel Buildings aka Centuria Steel Corp aka Aztec Steel, etc...

    Quote Originally Posted by rocketsteelbuildings View Post
    Geoff,

    Every building has to be engineered. You have to use our engineering to pull a permit. What you received was your "blueprints" not the "stamped engineered drawings" that you receive to pull your permit. Those you receive before you take delivery of your building. We cannot ship the building unless it meets codes.

    I will in no way downplay your frustrations on your decision to purchase a steel building from us. On the invoice we have "3" locations that say the deposit is "non refundable." Did someone else sign and send this back? Did you not read your invoice you signed before you sent it back? We do not make charges on a credit cards unless we have a "signed invoice." Every metal building factory has this on the invoice. We 100% have live up to any order, and deliver a product that will 100% work for you application. You have a contract that you signed with us. In no way are few scamming you.

    The invoice is made mainly that way to protect the company in larger orders. If we manufacture a 10 building order and make the buildings brand new our costs have to be covered. Our guys that make the buildings have to be paid, the machines have to be run. So, its not just the engineering costs. That is why it is made clear on the invoice the deposits are "non refundable", and we state in multiple times.

    I understand your financial situation has changed. It was a poor decision it looks like to buy a steel building at the time. Please do not blame the salesman for selling you the building because he was just doing his job. Please don't slander the company that we "scammed you." You purchased a metal building that clearly states everything in writing and the "financial reasons" out of your control are the real reason you are upset. I apologize for that. We will 100% follow through on our end of the contract and fulfill everything on our end.

    I apologize for the way you are feeling about your purchase. I have made poor purchases myself and have regretted them. I hope you will reconsider, and delete your comments about scamming you because a lot of hard working guys, and families are getting hurt by those comments.


    Sincerely,


    Marty

    If every building has to be "engineered" for a particular location, then how can you sell one that was "engineered" for someone else?

    Every reputable business offers refunds (less maybe a restocking fee).

    Again, I offered to go 50-50 and was told "sorry".

    BTW, the first condition is:
    TERMS AND CONDITIONS
    1. This Purchase order shall become a binding contract upon its acceptance in writing by an authorized Officer of Seller (Contract) and thereafter cannot be cancelled by Buyer under any circumstance without Buyer first reaching an agreement in writing with Seller covering all of Seller's damages.

    You just said above that all I received was "blueprints" - which mean your engineers have done nothing for my contract - so your "damages" would be small.
    I tried to "reach an agreement with the Seller" but you have refused.

    I also couldn't find anything on that invoice that says the deposit must be 25%.
    Seems like some people are charged that, others less.

    Again, I was supposedly being sold an already built building that some other customer of yours cancelled.
    Which I was told had been discounted by the deposit the other customer lost (that was the red flag that I should have said thanks but no thanks)
    By me cancelling you weren't out anything more than you already were.

    My family is being hurt by your sales tactics and lack of commitment to your customers.
    Yes, I am blaming the salesman as much as I am blaming myself. I told him I had no money for a deposit - that's when he said you will take a credit card. Why would a reputable company ask their customers to use their credit card after they were told they didn't have any money? Why didn't he just say, okay, when you do get the money give us a call and we would be happy to help you?

    Edit: BTW, thanks for responding - better than my calls/emails that have gone unanswered since last October...

  7. #27
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    11
    Location
    McKees Rocks, PA
    Tractor
    ALL

    Default Re: Rocket Steel Buildings aka Centuria Steel Corp aka Aztec Steel, etc...

    Quote Originally Posted by HereticWild View Post
    If every building has to be "engineered" for a particular location, then how can you sell one that was "engineered" for someone else?

    Every reputable business offers refunds (less maybe a restocking fee).

    Again, I offered to go 50-50 and was told "sorry".

    BTW, the first condition is:
    TERMS AND CONDITIONS
    1. This Purchase order shall become a binding contract upon its acceptance in writing by an authorized Officer of Seller (Contract) and thereafter cannot be cancelled by Buyer under any circumstance without Buyer first reaching an agreement in writing with Seller covering all of Seller's damages.

    You just said above that all I received was "blueprints" - which mean your engineers have done nothing for my contract - so your "damages" would be small.
    I tried to "reach an agreement with the Seller" but you have refused.

    I also couldn't find anything on that invoice that says the deposit must be 25%.
    Seems like some people are charged that, others less.

    Again, I was supposedly being sold an already built building that some other customer of yours cancelled.
    Which I was told had been discounted by the deposit the other customer lost (that was the red flag that I should have said thanks but no thanks)
    By me cancelling you weren't out anything more than you already were.

    My family is being hurt by your sales tactics and lack of commitment to your customers.
    Yes, I am blaming the salesman as much as I am blaming myself. I told him I had no money for a deposit - that's when he said you will take a credit card. Why would a reputable company ask their customers to use their credit card after they were told they didn't have any money? Why didn't he just say, okay, when you do get the money give us a call and we would be happy to help you?

    Edit: BTW, thanks for responding - better than my calls/emails that have gone unanswered since last October...


    Again I apologize that you made a poor decision. In no way were we as a company trying to hurt you. The salesman is not a horrible guy for selling you a building. He was just doing his job. If you could go back and not buy the building I know you would not. However, it is his job to sell buildings. Please dont blame him for that. We only sell buildings to people who contact us in regards to purchasing one. We in no way can for see a financial problem. I hear you that you told the salesman you couldn't afford it, but you still pulled out a credit card to make the purchase then signed an invoice. What is he supposed to do?

    Regardless if it is a cancelled order the engineering still has to be done for the address the building is going to be erected. It cant be shipped otherwise. The price would be reduced by the customers deposit off of the top of regular retail.

    Again I am very sorry that you bought the building. Please reconsider slamming us as a company. A lot of guys lively hoods are affected, and nobody was trying to hurt you in any way. We do not take any deposit without having an invoice sent that clearly states the deposits are non refundable.

    If you do want to take delivery of your building we will honor the deposit of course.


    Marty

  8. #28
    J F
    J F is offline
    Elite Member J F's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,081
    Location
    North of Atlanta, GA
    Tractor
    ShovelandBarrow

    Default Re: Rocket Steel Buildings aka Centuria Steel Corp aka Aztec Steel, etc...

    Sounds more like extortion.
    ____
    Jay

  9. #29
    New Member HereticWild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    22
    Location
    Armstrong, BC
    Tractor
    Kioti CK20 HST

    Default Re: Rocket Steel Buildings aka Centuria Steel Corp aka Aztec Steel, etc...

    I was called to day with an apology from Rocketsteel and they have given me almost half of my deposit back. I just want to say that Rocketsteel does stand behind their product and will make an effort to assist their customers with any issues that may arise. As far as I'm concerned, my dispute has been resolved.

    Thanks again for helping me out.

    Rgds...Geoff

  10. #30
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    11
    Location
    McKees Rocks, PA
    Tractor
    ALL

    Default Re: Rocket Steel Buildings aka Centuria Steel Corp aka Aztec Steel, etc...

    Quote Originally Posted by HereticWild View Post
    I was called to day with an apology from Rocketsteel and they have given me almost half of my deposit back. I just want to say that Rocketsteel does stand behind their product and will make an effort to assist their customers with any issues that may arise. As far as I'm concerned, my dispute has been resolved.

    Thanks again for helping me out.

    Rgds...Geoff

    I am glad everything was worked out.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Opinions on Steel Buildings
    By selfc23fe in forum Projects
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 07-30-2011, 10:51 PM
  2. Steel underpan, front bumper, Steel cage??
    By pharmvet in forum Ag Tractors & Machinery
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 02-01-2010, 12:38 PM
  3. Steel buildings or Wood ?
    By Barryh in forum Power Trac
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 11-18-2007, 12:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2013 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.