Buying Advice Rocket Steel Buildings aka Centuria Steel Corp aka Aztec Steel, etc...

/ Rocket Steel Buildings aka Centuria Steel Corp aka Aztec Steel, etc... #42  
I can not give any info on Rocket Steel buildings themselves. I can say the high pressure sale tactics and the insults for wasting their time made my decision easy this afternoon. All I wanted was a new contract because of building size changes from the original one.

That off my chest. I really have no personel info on the quality of these buildings. I may have dealt with an owner on a bad day. I have them. I don't want anyone to cross them off their lists. If repeated high pressure sales with short time "specials" are reported here than there is a problem. This is what makes this website qreat.

/ Rocket Steel Buildings aka Centuria Steel Corp aka Aztec Steel, etc... #43  

/ Rocket Steel Buildings aka Centuria Steel Corp aka Aztec Steel, etc...
Rocket Steel does not give up. Why are there always these "Cancelled Orders" ? Here is the latest solicitation from them received today:

You contacted me in the pass with regards to getting information on a steel building.
I have come across a situation and have 6 buildings from a cancelled order than need to be sold ASAP.
These are building bought from one of our customers and have changed their order.
I have received deposit on these building and need to clear them out at balance owning, some deposits are up to 40%.
If you are still looking for a building and can take delivery this spring or early summer let me know ASAP and I'll see if one of these building are close to fit your needs.
Let me know what size you are looking for, what size of door you need and what would be the location for delivery.
Rest Regards
David Moore
Rocket Steel buildings Canada
1-877-218-2661
1-289-813-2195
David Moore [david@rocketsteel.com]

/ Rocket Steel Buildings aka Centuria Steel Corp aka Aztec Steel, etc... #45  
My name is Marty Richards and I work for RocketSteelBuildings. Let's address the issues and set things straight. This way in the future if you need a building you can contact me directly.

1.The building in Victoria is a set back issue. This has to do with the customers property, and not our building meeting the codes. The factory cannot ship a building that does not meet the loading requirements. It is the customers responsibility to check the setbacks for there property, and is stated 3 times on the invoice for situations just like this. Our engineers still have to get paid for doing the drawings. It is not just us taking the deposit. This rarely comes up, but if the customer is reporting to the city , and not the county I would make sure your setbacks before you buy anything.

2. I am not understanding not knowing the shape of the building. Was the model or type of building not on the invoice? I would like the gentlemen with the door issues to send me the invoice. If this is truly an order with our company. What is the order number? I will take a look at what I can do. The engineering is given to pull the permit. We supply wetsealed stamped drawings. The permit is not something any company can do for you. We send the engineering before the building ships, and do guarantee the building will meet codes 100%. Setbacks are something that need to be checked. Especially, when dealing with the city, and not the county. I do not know what was told to you by the salesman, but like I said send me the invoice and we can go from there. Also, the machines are not calibrated to cut the man doors on the steel endwalls. The mandoors on the pictures are from endwalls fabricated by the customers. Email me and I will see what I can do to help you out.

3. We are not affiliated with Us Metal Buildings, and we manufacturer arch buildings. They are an I beam company.

4. We give tours of the factory. We ask that if the customer comes they are prepared to make a purchase.

If you are interested in doing comparison at any time. Please give me a call or email me.

Thanks

I am assuming the comment about the shape of the building or model was in reference to my comment, while as I explained I called while holding a brouchre spoke to the salesman described what I was looking at and wanted and the purpose of the shed. when the invoice was emailed to me my wife did ask the salesman what the model number was in reference to as on the website there was not the same number and was told it was the dimensions 16-13 was written in model number the order number was 27-DW where you will see two doors on invoice yet we only received one. We were sent the wrong engineering papers first time second time they came we were under a time crunch and they were all based on a larger building (so we had to wait again to get a signed admendment from a engineer from your company because the orginal was on holiday) for our size for the bulilding permit to get approved on concrete and rebar. As for the door on end walls well again not explaind by sales man or we would have ordered if we had know it was going to be egg shaped and about the end walls no end walls and would have framed in wood for doors. Although I appreciate you standing up for the company there was a very big gap on what was said on the phone or explained on the phone to us, we did not set out to spend $6000.00 dollars on something totally different then what we were looking at in the brouchre on purpose. We agree we should have had photos emailed to us to be sure we were getting what we called about. we have learned to live with that. A Linda contacted us from your company Jan 17th regarding all this and offered to reimbursed us the cost of the door we paid for but did not received that was nice but hasn't happend yet and doesn't make up for the facts of what happened, wouldn't mean I would recommend the company. We did not get what was told and paid for bottom line. Feel free to look at the order form, contact Linda to read over emails sent to her, look at the photos of the damaged panels, the unexpected costs Re: locksmith to have a lock and handle put on the garage door so we could open it (it was not insulated as we were told either) the forklift from a town 20 min away to unload the building. etc. Feel free to follow up we will be more than happy to actually see results. Interesting I found this site http://www.ripoffreport.com/rocket-...ople/rocket-steel-buildings-centuri-72980.htm and on it Linda makes a comment and under it there is the photo of the shed we were looking at and called about from the brouchre which was described to sales man funny isn't it.

Last edited:
   / Rocket Steel Buildings aka Centuria Steel Corp aka Aztec Steel, etc... #46  
I am assuming the comment about the shape of the building or model was in reference to my comment, while as I explained I called while holding a brouchre spoke to the salesman described what I was looking at and wanted and the purpose of the shed. when the invoice was emailed to me my wife did ask the salesman what the model number was in reference to as on the website there was not the same number and was told it was the dimensions 16-13 was written in model number the order number was 27-DW where you will see two doors on invoice yet we only received one. We were sent the wrong engineering papers first time second time they came we were under a time crunch and they were all based on a larger building (so we had to wait again to get a signed admendment from a engineer from your company because the orginal was on holiday) for our size for the bulilding permit to get approved on concrete and rebar. As for the door on end walls well again not explaind by sales man or we would have ordered if we had know it was going to be egg shaped and about the end walls no end walls and would have framed in wood for doors. Although I appreciate you standing up for the company there was a very big gap on what was said on the phone or explained on the phone to us, we did not set out to spend $6000.00 dollars on something totally different then what we were looking at in the brouchre on purpose. We agree we should have had photos emailed to us to be sure we were getting what we called about. we have learned to live with that. A Linda contacted us from your company Jan 17th regarding all this and offered to reimbursed us the cost of the door we paid for but did not received that was nice but hasn't happend yet and doesn't make up for the facts of what happened, wouldn't mean I would recommend the company. We did not get what was told and paid for bottom line. Feel free to look at the order form, contact Linda to read over emails sent to her, look at the photos of the damaged panels, the unexpected costs Re: locksmith to have a lock and handle put on the garage door so we could open it (it was not insulated as we were told either) the forklift from a town 20 min away to unload the building. etc. Feel free to follow up we will be more than happy to actually see results. Interesting I found this site Ripoff Report | Rocket Steel Buildings | Complaint Review: 931148 and on it Linda makes a comment and under it there is the photo of the shed we were looking at and called about from the brouchre which was described to sales man funny isn't it.

Yesterday March 1 2013 I received a registered letter from Rocket Steel in the envelope a very bad photo copy of my invoice nothing else, no note, no explanation I cannot understand why they would send it? So still no resolution

/ Rocket Steel Buildings aka Centuria Steel Corp aka Aztec Steel, etc...
Guess I should have posted this follow up video years ago...

/ Rocket Steel Buildings aka Centuria Steel Corp aka Aztec Steel, etc... #48  
I was called to day with an apology from Rocketsteel and they have given me almost half of my deposit back. I just want to say that Rocketsteel does stand behind their product and will make an effort to assist their customers with any issues that may arise. As far as I'm concerned, my dispute has been resolved.

Thanks again for helping me out.

Rgds...Geoff

The company should have resolved this much sooner without you having to complain and work so hard. They still made money off of you with only a 50% refund of your deposit.