Tractor
    Ford/555E

Default Need a Relacement for a Ford 555E

Hello to All - Our 2,000 unit condo community is looking to replace our aging Ford 555E (1998) with something about 10 years newer

From what I can tell, Ford no longer manufactures the 555 or a direct descendent

Can anyone suggest a couple manufacturers/models with similar characteristics that would have machines available on the used market that would be like 5 years old and offer a good combination of reliability and reasonable cost?

I would appreciate any suggestions you would be willing to offer based on your experience and knowledge about the industry (as I have none of either and barely know where to start)

Thank you in advance for your time

- Paul

Elite Member
    Tractor
    SSTT (Sideways Snake Tain Tractor) and STB (sideways train box) tractor, dirt harvester

Default Re: Need a Relacement for a Ford 555E

when going to ford / new holland website, goto the "construction" vs "agriculture" same for other manufacture websites.

www.tractorhouse.com and i forget there sister site i want to say, machinetrader.com machinetrader.com handles all the construction equipment. look at the TLB (tractor loader backhoes)

============
    what is the problem with the curret 555E? if no problems with the engine, transmission, rear end, and hydraulics are still going strong for loader and backhoe. why upgrade? beside just wanting to spend cash.
    Ryan

Tractor
    fords

a lb series nh is pretty much the same machine

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    '51 ford 8N

"what is the problem with the curret 555E? if no problems with the engine, transmission, rear end, and hydraulics are still going strong for loader and backhoe. why upgrade? beside just wanting to spend cash.."

Yeah, I'm kinda in the same spot. Unless it's been used hard, a 14 year old backhoe should have life left in it. There are a whole lot of 25-30 year old backhoes still running around today in good shape.

Anyway, if set on a "new" one just check the websites above as well as Fastline.com and search under of the following brands: Cat, Komatsu, J.D., Case, JCB, Terex, New Holland, or Volvo. Soak it all in.