Comparison JD 3320 vs 4105

/ JD 3320 vs 4105
Thank you. Problem is every dealer gives a different story. Two of the four say the 4105 doesn't have quick park loader and one said they stopped making in. I'm on my own.

/ JD 3320 vs 4105
Also, I am a weekend warrior maintaining and improving my own property. I'm OK with being on tractor all day and feeling it. More then likely it will be mostly in small doses. I just like simple, larger, and more hp for less $ (4105) that's all.

Mostly the dealers don't even know which has a heavier frame. Net says 4105 is large framed, and 3320 medium CUT. given other dimensions are mostly same I would think 4105 has stronger frame. One dealer piss sure it's a economy frame and considerably weaker then 3320. Doesn't make sense.

/ JD 3320 vs 4105 #23  
I'd be going to the one that hasn't given the BS statements. Not sure why he's downplaying the 4105's frame (likely there's a higher commission on the feature tractors). If your gut is saying 4105, it's a great tractor and you will surely love it.

/ JD 3320 vs 4105
Problem is I don't know which one is right? Heavier backhoe on 3320, heavier frame makes sense. I found the rear is 5000 plus pds on 3320 and 4000 on 4105. Maybe that's why smaller hoe. I can live with that for the more hp. I can't live with weak frame. If I knew who was right the decision would be over. Very frustrated.

/ JD 3320 vs 4105 #25  
If you want more power and more simple at the same time, have you looked at 5045E or 5055E and an aftermarket BH like a Woods?

/ JD 3320 vs 4105 #26  
Buzzard,

Why do you need a backhoe? The reason why I ask this is that you state you are a weekend warrior, so how much are you going to be using the backhoe? Are you going to dig up a lot of trees, use it for a business or dig numerous trenches? If not, why spend the money for it. I would forgo the backhoe and just get the 3320, then then rent an mini excavator when you need it. Or you could take the money you would invest in a backhoe and get a 3520 or 4120 for that matter. You will then have the power, size, quick attach loader and lift capacity, and be done with it. It is your money, so you need to make the decision, but I would go with the 3320, 3520 or 4120 and forget the backhoe. Also I would not be afraid of a turbo. John Deere has been using turbos in tractors since the sixties so it is a proven technology for tractors.

/ JD 3320 vs 4105
I hear you eagle, I would use the how to dig out small stumps, clear heavy mountain laurel and prickers, and some trenching for drainage. I like to have it when I need it. I also have a bunch surface rocks to dig out. I think 40 hp is plenty and 33 hp will probably do but why not go bigger I guess for same price. All the creature comforts of the 3320 do nothing for me. Everyone seems to steer towards 3320 but I am still not sure why. Seems narrow in rear end to me compared to 4105. 3320 just seems fancier to me. All the modern features I liked are also on 4105 like quick park loader and easy detach hoe. Both 4wd.

Why not buy the bigger heavier unit for 2k cheaper, I still don't get it. Is there something wrong with 4105? 6-7 years ago when I bought my used Ford 1710 I would have bought the 990 everyday of week. On the search I got talked into hydro by salesman, mechanics, and these threads. I'm comfortable with that. Not sure on rest. I had a broken down Woods 750 hoe on last tractor (3 pt hitch) and used it ALL the time.

/ JD 3320 vs 4105
Also, ground clearance on 3320 is only 11" where the 4105 is 14.7". In addition the eHydros have all that wiring and electronic controllers underneath. According to 4 dealers and Bout 6 mechanics, they do get torn out disabling the tractor. Can't be fixed yourself, something about wires are real thin and if they get pinched it will short tractor and need a computer to get it back up and running.

Half of the time this tractor will be in the woods. Maybe both will do but ground clearance is about 30% higher on 4105. That seems big to me for my purposes.

/ JD 3320 vs 4105 #30  
Buzzard - have you seen a 4105 and 3320 in person? (Especially right next to each other?)