Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    SSTT (Sideways Snake Tain Tractor) and STB (sideways train box) tractor, dirt harvester

Default Re: Brain Overload on buying a tractor please help ....

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1244 View Post
    Most CUT TLBs have the single seat for backhoes and do come off and have 3 point hitches.
    I don't mind buying a used unit
    was a Yellow flag to me. that figured some explanation was needed. buying used, can get folks into construction equipment vs agriculture equipment. were backhoes are more likely dedicated.
    Ryan

Tractor
    John Deere 2030, John Deere 6415

Reguarding hydraulic pressure. The pump will only put out what is required by the load to do the job. There will be a relief valve that will determine maximum pressure the system can produce. So idle has no bearing. Flow GPM (gallons per minute), will vary with engine speed.
    Pressure tells you how much work you can do. Flow tells you how fast you can do it. With Two pumps, one is dedicated to the steering, the other to the hydraulics. The flow for the implement pump is the one to compare.
    John Deere 2030 JD 245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 mfwd JD 640SL Loader

Gold Member
    Tractor
    kubota 4200

I don't have a grapple nor have I ever used one but they are $$ and are you really sure you need one? I guess you have sons, so do like I do in reverse. I sit on my tractor and mom loads the limbs in and across the bucket. I can carry off a very large number that way. Unless you going to clean up and down I4 I think just hauling the limbs off by filling up your bucket might be the best and most economical idea. Use the money you save to buy a new tractor so you don't buy someone elses problems.

Tractor
    LS P7030 CPS

I would seriously reconsider the backhoe. Hiring someone a couple days a year until you get the french drains sorted out will be much more cost effective and how many times are you going to switch out the backhoe and mower? Put that money into a cab with A/C. How hot is it in Florida?

Somebody needs to remind bilrus61 they don't make his model of wife anymore. "I sit on my tractor and mom loads the limbs in and across the bucket." Really? Didn't the OP mention something about SNAKES!!? Not sure a couple of teenagers would be much more cooperative but I guess you could give it a shot. I would get the grapple on a thirty something HP Cab tractor with FEL and mower. Now that I think about it, that's what I did. Good luck!
    Dave
    LS P7030 CPS, Speeco Cat 2 QH, Fit Rite Hydraulics TNT, Athens 62 disc, Athens 156 chisel plow, Brillion cultipacker, Loyal 8x8 drag harrow, Land Pride 3696 rake, EA Severe Extreme 96" Box blade, Woods BB84 Rotary Cutter, Woods pallet forks, HLA 3000 plow, W.R. Long RBGD 84" grapple

Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

While I like my 110 just make sure the height won't be a problem for you as they are kind of tall.

Tractor
    Kubota L5740

I would rather have a smaller cab fel tractor and rent or hire the bh work as required. A grapple would be great for what you have described.
    Have you looked at tractorhouse ??
    Kubota L5740 La854
    MF 35 Deluxe gas wloader...For sale

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12