Comparison TYM or Kubota???

/ TYM or Kubota??? #11  
One thing about Kubota, is they make alot more parts "in house" compared to other tractor companies (including JD). This helps insure better quality control. My tractor has to start and perform flawless even at -10 F at 2 a.m. So when all the parts are better quality, it raises the bar.

/ TYM or Kubota??? #12  
i say stick with the kubota the resale will cost you big on ytm kubota s do eat fuel my 7040 2 gph at idle

/ TYM or Kubota??? #13  
One thing about Kubota, is they make alot more parts "in house" compared to other tractor companies (including JD). This helps insure better quality control. My tractor has to start and perform flawless even at -10 F at 2 a.m. So when all the parts are better quality, it raises the bar.

as a dealer, one of the problems we run into with the CAT\Perkins engines is that we run into trouble when we need to fix or source parts for them. Example, on a Ferris with a CAT\Perkins we are not allowed to do warrenty work on the engine even though we sell the machines. We need to send guys down to the local CAT shop if somthing comes up. Parts and stuff also seem to be slower than other lines, but that maybe our distribution channel.

/ TYM or Kubota??? #14  
i say stick with the kubota the resale will cost you big on ytm kubota s do eat fuel my 7040 2 gph at idle

That is so ridiculous. My LS P7010 ( 70 Hp) wont use any more than that at 2000 RPM. I would certainly have a mechanic check that out.
As for suggestions on tractors, check out the LS Tractors if you have a dealer nearby. They have some very nice standard option that are extra cost on other tractors

/ TYM or Kubota??? #16  
My L3800 uses about 7 tenths of a gallon an hour or so at working revs. I'd have a hard time believing the M uses 2 at idle.

/ TYM or Kubota??? #17  
Well, I have never let our M8540 idle for two hours to check and don't even pay attention to fuel use other than to say it's about the same as our previous Case CX80 (80HP) and not much different than the 72 HP MF we still own.

/ TYM or Kubota??? #18  
My L3800 uses about 7 tenths of a gallon an hour or so at working revs. I'd have a hard time believing the M uses 2 at idle.

I get around 2+ hours working per gallon with a gear drive L3800. A bit less when mowing heavy brush/grass.

/ TYM or Kubota??? #19  
i meant working it

/ TYM or Kubota??? #20  
Unless you are going to keep this tractor FOREVER, I'm pretty sure the RESALE VALUE at the time you want to sell or trade it in will be higher with the Kubota. It's not the only thing to take into consideration but it is pretty important.