Comparison TYM or Kubota???

/ TYM or Kubota??? #1  

orangeboy

Tractor
Kubota M6040
Gents,

I'm close to deciding on a tractor for cutting 40 acres of pasture at my farm. I had decided on the Kubota M6040 after test driving Kioti and Mahindra. The comparable DEERE seemed far to expensive (I'll bet I'm missing something there.....) My target price is 30k and the best quote I've received on the M6040 is 31,500 (2WD). My pasture land is fairly flat and I'd rather put the 4WD money into a better mower. Last night a gentlemen on this forum suggested I look at TYM before deciding definitively. I was immediately and pleasantly surprised to see that TYM uses CAT/Perkins engines. My son works for CAT and I've yet to find another tractor company using CAT engines. The M6040 turns tighter than the comparable KYM and in a comparison of overall spec's, the Kubota wins. Is there any point going any further with this comparison? many thanks --:laughing:

/ TYM or Kubota??? #2  
Don't know if you have a dealer in your area, but you might take a peek at a Kioti RX6010. It is one awesome machine!

/ TYM or Kubota???
can I buy it for 31,500 and how does it compare to Kubota? thanks for your input -- much appreciated.

/ TYM or Kubota??? #4  
When spending $30,000 I would check out all the options. That way you will get the one that fits you the best and will work for your jobs the best.

/ TYM or Kubota??? #5  
money for money youd be better off paying the extra for the kubota.youll be money ahead in the long run with the kubota.

• Good Post
Reactions: HEC
   / TYM or Kubota??? #7  
I have owned and worked with both Kubota and TYM tractors and I like them both, the TYM tractor brand in my opinion is for the money a fantastic buy and a really nice machine.

Al

/ TYM or Kubota??? #8  
My preference is Kubota not just for quality and fit, but dealer representation, some brands come and go around here and I don't want to be stuck with a tractor no one handles. Quality on the top brands are all pretty close and a person should consider all of them with good dealerships. I can't comment on TYM as I know nothing about them; no dealerships in my area.

Last edited:
   / TYM or Kubota??? #9  
My preference is Kubota not just for quality and fit, but dealer representation, some brands come and go around here and I don't want to be stuck with a tractor no one handles. Quality on the top brands are all pretty close and a person should consider all of them with goo dealerships. I can't comment on TYM as I know nothing about them; no dealerships in my area.
Well said, TR! I passed on a couple brands because of the dealer. Went orange because of my 30 year track record with Kubota and a good dealer..

/ TYM or Kubota??? #10  
orangeboy said:
can I buy it for 31,500 and how does it compare to Kubota? thanks for your input -- much appreciated.

I wish I could say but the pricing has changed since I was looking, and when I was looking, it was for a smaller tractor. I just happened to see an RX when I was at the dealer and was very impressed with it. Since it was in the in the same class as what you are looking at I thought I'd bring it to you attention.

Kubota dealers around me don't usually have M series on their lots, so I'm not much help there either. All I can tell you is that, as a general rule, one seems to get a lot more for your money for the Kioti than the Kubota. Happy shopping...it is almost as fun as driving!