TYM 293 or Kioti CK20

/ TYM 293 or Kioti CK20 #1  

tkappeler

Platinum Member
Tractor
TYM T293
Well, I appreciate all of the advice in my initial thread.

I am down to the TYM 293 or the Kioti CK20.

TYM 293Kioti CK20
HP2923
Rear RemotesYesNo
Quick Attach for FELYesNo
Bucket Size54"48"
Weight19802138
Warranty5 years4 years

All other things are about equal. I can do a quick attach for the CK20 through ATI for $315 + bucket adjustment (weld on plate or possible CK27 bucket by dealer).

If you had to pick from these only, which one would it be and why?

Settlement on the new property in 1-2 weeks and pulling the trigger after that.

/ TYM 293 or Kioti CK20 #2  
are you worried about resale value

/ TYM 293 or Kioti CK20
I had thought of that but I do not see our needs drastically changing. I can only imagine an upgrade if we drastically underestimate the actual units to the desired duties. If that happens, than I have bigger problems than the resale value.

Do you see the resale values being drastically different? Which one would be better/worse?

/ TYM 293 or Kioti CK20 #4  
tkappeler said:
I had thought of that but I do not see our needs drastically changing. I can only imagine an upgrade if we drastically underestimate the actual units to the desired duties. If that happens, than I have bigger problems than the resale value.

Do you see the resale values being drastically different? Which one would be better/worse?

Kioti might have a slight advantage but I don't think either brand has a big advantage. I loved my CK20 but have never seen the TYM so cannot compare.

/ TYM 293 or Kioti CK20 #5  
If priced close, I'd go with the tym. Simply more tractor, and a nice setup too. The kioti will hold its value better though.

/ TYM 293 or Kioti CK20
If priced close, I'd go with the tym. Simply more tractor, and a nice setup too. The kioti will hold its value better though.

Dang. Forgot to put the price in.

TYM - 14,750, Kioti - 14,150

/ TYM 293 or Kioti CK20 #7  
i would say the TYM did you look at a kubota B series they have far better resale because i know in a few years you will want to upgrade just dont want to see you spent say 20k and get back 5k on the tym or koiti when you resale it

/ TYM 293 or Kioti CK20
yes, we looked at the B2320 and B2620. Discounted them for a variety of reasons. Really narrowed it down to the two above. We have 3.5 acres. Both of these will do everything we expect and more.

/ TYM 293 or Kioti CK20 #9  
case245 said:
i would say the TYM did you look at a kubota B series they have far better resale because i know in a few years you will want to upgrade just dont want to see you spent say 20k and get back 5k on the tym or koiti when you resale it

Those are ridiculous estimates of resale value on the TYM and Kioti. They don't have the JD or Kubota premium on resale but they hold their value well. I paid $15K for a new 2004 CK20 TLB and traded it in (after settling on new tractor price) for $12K two years and about 250 hrs later. The main barrier to higher resale on used recent tractors these days is that new tractors come with low interest loans and fresh warranties.

/ TYM 293 or Kioti CK20 #10  
tkappeler said:
Dang. Forgot to put the price in.

TYM - 14,750, Kioti - 14,150

So, does $14,150 kioti include quick attach bucket and rear remote?

Doesn't much matter anyhow, the TYM is way nicer.