Buying Advice Kubota L3800 vs Mahindra 3616

/ Kubota L3800 vs Mahindra 3616 #31  
Ok. I stand corrected. I guess there is a Kioti dealer within 40 miles. So what series/model of that brand is in that price range?

CK35 is what you would be looking at to get the closest comparison tractor wise. Cost I have no idea, I would guess a little bit less $$$.

/ Kubota L3800 vs Mahindra 3616 #32  
Ok. I stand corrected. I guess there is a Kioti dealer within 40 miles. So what series/model of that brand is in that price range?

CK35 but should be about 1000 cheaper. Most specs about the same, 3pt lift is about 240 lbs less than the Kubota, Loader is 1155 so about the same It will have a couple of other features.. telescoping lower links and sway bars, (worth about $600 to retrofit the Kubota) and Tilt steering wheel (not available on the Kubota) Weight is 3114 vs. 2600 for the Kubota, and you can have a Mid PTO as an option. Its worth a look.

James K0UA

/ Kubota L3800 vs Mahindra 3616 #33  
IF the Kioti dealer looks to be a good place, I would really really take a hard look at the CK35. Kiotis are really nice tractors (this coming from a 2 Mahindra tractor owner) I think that you will find that the Kioti is a more bells and whistles machine than either the Kubota L3800 or Mahindra 3616 and it will probably be less money.

The only option suggestion that I have is to get it with the most rear remotes that you can. You may not think that you need them now, but you will be glad that you have them later down the road. Get them with whichever machine that you get.

All the tractors that you are considering are good machines and you will not go wrong choosing any of them. Some fit a little different than the other, choose the one that fits you best, it's your butt in the seat, you might as well be comfortable while you're working.

Just my :2cents:

/ Kubota L3800 vs Mahindra 3616 #35  
When the prices fell so close together on 3 of the 4 different brands I was considering this Spring, the smaller things came under scrutiny. One of the more important was ease of loader removal / reinstallation. I never mow with the FEL attached and I mow at least once a week under normal conditions. I use the loader a lot. With the hydraulic disconnects near the joystick I can pull up to the loader, pop the 4 lines on and back out of the shed in less than a minute. No getting off and crawling around under the tractor to fiddle with the hoses.

Everyone has different things that are important to them. One thing I don't care about is a QD bucket or forks. Some people can't live without them. We have a tractor for odd jobs where I work (snow removal, cleanup, occasional bush hogging, spraying, etc) and it has a QD bucket and forks. We used the forks one time to see how they would work. Haven't been on the tractor since.

I have never had anything that needed a front PTO or rear remotes and after 22 years on this property know I won't in the future. My needs (OK desires) were to get something similar to my B7500 but with more HP, weight and elbow room. The comfy seat on the L3200 was an appreciated bonus.

I recently took what I considered a big chance and bought a rear discharge finish mower. "Big chance" is because I have been happy with side discharge finish mowers for the last 22 years and had no experience with the RD decks. Fortunately it works very well. The only real downside to having a rear discharge is not being able to blow the leaves in the Fall. Next project is to complete the 3PH leaf blower.

/ Kubota L3800 vs Mahindra 3616 #36  
When I was looking at tractors a few years ago I checked out the Mahindra. I think the one I was looking at was the 3316. One thing I didn't like was that the Mahindra was a turbo machine-I didn't want the added potential for problems with a turbo. Also I have (had) a Mahindra dealer right here in my small town-Kubota dealer is about 30 miles away. If the price had been better I might have went with the Mahindra. Turns out they didn't have a 3316 machine for me to test and never got one in either. They seemed like they really didn't want to sell me a tractor. I'm glad I didn't buy from them because that particular dealer no longer sells Mahindra, they now sell LS.

/ Kubota L3800 vs Mahindra 3616
Wife just threw me a twist. Why not get one with a cab? I was speechless. So, now I'm looking for a factory cab with AC/Heat 35-40hp range. I have found the Mahindra 3616 has a cab. And the Kioti dk35 comes with a cab option. Trying to keep this in the mid 20k range. Any other options. Remember, I need FEL and HST

/ Kubota L3800 vs Mahindra 3616 #38  
Wife just threw me a twist. Why not get one with a cab? I was speechless. So, now I'm looking for a factory cab with AC/Heat 35-40hp range. I have found the Mahindra 3616 has a cab. And the Kioti dk35 comes with a cab option. Trying to keep this in the mid 20k range. Any other options. Remember, I need FEL and HST

First of all, you have a GREAT wife;)

I'd be sure to get AT LEAST 1 rear remote. More is always better, but if it's even on thing that you can control at the push of a button besides getting off the tractor to change manually, it's worth it.

DK35's are no longer produced, so if you want one, you'll have to get lucky. They may be able to ship one in from elsewhere, but they are becoming fewer and farer between new, especially with a cab. If you can find a DK35 cab, that's my first option FOR SURE! The 3616 would be a very close second though, and probably a penny or two cheaper. The Kubota will really jump in price because your moving from the economy tractor to the feature tractor all the way to the cab. If you can get a good deal on one, the HST+ is sweet.

/ Kubota L3800 vs Mahindra 3616 #39  
Might push you over budget, but I dont know the current pricing, but check out the kubota Lxx40 series. Like a L3940 or L3540. Not sure what they are bringing, but they are a good bit more tractor (weight and lift capacity wise) than the 3616 or 3800. They are a beast like the DK35. But it dont cost yo anything to ask.

/ Kubota L3800 vs Mahindra 3616 #40  

I would kiss the wife and look for a DK-40 se HST with cab. 2700 lbs of FEL lift, 2800 lbs of 3 point lift, stock ss bucket and 1 remote