Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    Elite Member
    Tractor
    Deere

Default Re: Kubota L3800 vs Mahindra 3616

Quote Originally Posted by 94BULLITT View Post
    The ck35 is closer to a 3616 isn't it?
    But the CK35 doesn't offer a factory cab, there is a dealer installed, but we all know that's not as nice. The DK35 is a little larger, I believe, but for comparison to the models listed, it's the closest you can get.

Tractor
    Kubota l3400

FWIW, using the build my kubota on a L3540, bigger FEL, cab, HST it comes up to ~34k. And everyone always says to take about 15% off and if that is true, you are at 29k. That is definatally worth a look IMO.
    ".........there is only one way to find out."
    "Ok, hold my beer and watch this.........."

Ford 5500 Backhoe
    Kubota L3400GST W/LA463 FEL
    2005 Dodge 3500 4x4 Diesel
    8N Rebuilt and restored
    Bushhog 306
    3 Homemade wood hauling trailers
    Dolmar 6400 84cc ported
    Sachs-Dolmar 120SI Ported
    (4) Sachs-Dolmar 116SI Ported
    Dolmar PS540
    Sachs-Dolmar 115i
    Sachs-Dolmar 117
    Sachs-Dolmar 112

Tractor
    Mahindra

Quote Originally Posted by Morroder View Post
    Price Check on Cab models All have FEL and HST. Loaded tires

Mahindra 3616. - 26,000
    Kioti DK35 - 25600. Last yr model
    Kioti DK40 - 27500
    Not sure if it is even fair for me to post this but cash price on 3616 HST cab with FEL would be more like $24,000 than $26,000. Also I'm curious as can be and again this might be out of place but I have to ask. Why is everybody on this thread going for the more expensive and less powerful HST's. I personally would save a thousand bucks and gain more operator control and power with a shuttle shift. That is just my opinion and I'm not trying to put down anyone elses.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Changes often!

Mahindra Don, don't let LD1 get your goat. He's actually a good guy, but he secretly regrets not buying a Mahindra. And he is pretty good with getting his facts straight. It's his opinions you have to watch out for.

He is just a little mystified about his 34HP kubota lifiting only 1142 lbs in the front loader when a little Max28 lifts 1402 lbs and the 3016/3616 lifts over 1650 lbs, 508 lbs more than his, or you could say 44% more lift capacity. That is huge. But he brings up a good point; how do you do that and not be tipping all the time. We did a video once and posted it and I think we determined that the loader bucket on his Kubota was quite a ways forward from the front tires, and the Mahindra keeps theirs tucked in closer, allowing more lift capacity. The further out the bucket is from the front axle, the easier it is to do back-wheelies. Of course the Kubota allows a little more reach with the bucket, and that can be handy. With either tractor, use proper ballast always.

The 3616 is a deluxe model, more comparable to the Grand L type Kubota, not the more economy minded "00" series. Having said that, the "00" series tractors from Kubota are hugely popular and are surely good machines. They are a good value, but if you are going to pay about the same amount, I think the 3616 gives you a little nicer tractor. It is built in Japan by Mitsubishi and the 5-year warranty is included. But as LD1 mentioned, you just won't get to use the warranty much on a high quality machine so it is more just a peace of mind thing.

One thing for sure is that yu can't go wrong with either.

LD1, be nice now....be gentle with your response, I am sensitive.
    Dave
    Dave's Tractor, Inc.
    Red Bluff, California

Tractor
    all makes and models

I think I've sold the mitsubishi line under two colors so far. I rate them average on repairs and longevity. A five year warranty is a good idea with them although after the first 60 months thats where the fun starts with ownership for many. Oil and filters being cheap on them is a not the normal. The Cadet hydro filter that everyone is trying to find cheaper is on a mitsubishi chassis!

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Deere

Quote Originally Posted by art View Post
    I think I've sold the mitsubishi line under two colors so far. I rate them average on repairs and longevity. A five year warranty is a good idea with them although after the first 60 months thats where the fun starts with ownership for many. Oil and filters being cheap on them is a not the normal. The Cadet hydro filter that everyone is trying to find cheaper is on a mitsubishi chassis!
    Let's play nice art, Mahindra dealers aren't bad mouthing kubota... I appreciate dealer input, but you said nothing good about your brand and only bad about Mahindra (Mitsubishi), let's be positive. Both are great brands and each offer great advantages.

Tractor
    Kioti DK-40, MF-135, Ventrac 4500Y

Quote Originally Posted by DavesTractor View Post
    Mahindra Don, don't let LD1 get your goat. He's actually a good guy, but he secretly regrets not buying a Mahindra. And he is pretty good with getting his facts straight. It's his opinions you have to watch out for.

He is just a little mystified about his 34HP kubota lifiting only 1142 lbs in the front loader when a little Max28 lifts 1402 lbs and the 3016/3616 lifts over 1650 lbs, 508 lbs more than his, or you could say 44% more lift capacity. That is huge. But he brings up a good point; how do you do that and not be tipping all the time. We did a video once and posted it and I think we determined that the loader bucket on his Kubota was quite a ways forward from the front tires, and the Mahindra keeps theirs tucked in closer, allowing more lift capacity. The further out the bucket is from the front axle, the easier it is to do back-wheelies. Of course the Kubota allows a little more reach with the bucket, and that can be handy. With either tractor, use proper ballast always.

The 3616 is a deluxe model, more comparable to the Grand L type Kubota, not the more economy minded "00" series. Having said that, the "00" series tractors from Kubota are hugely popular and are surely good machines. They are a good value, but if you are going to pay about the same amount, I think the 3616 gives you a little nicer tractor. It is built in Japan by Mitsubishi and the 5-year warranty is included. But as LD1 mentioned, you just won't get to use the warranty much on a high quality machine so it is more just a peace of mind thing.

One thing for sure is that yu can't go wrong with either.

LD1, be nice now....be gentle with your response, I am sensitive.

And the DK 40 has 2700 lbs of brute force lift..
    Last edited by murphy1244; 08-07-2012 at 11:20 PM.
    Murph ------------

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra Max28XL HST

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1244 View Post
    But... Dave was comparing the Max28. That's mahindra's SMALL 28 hp tractor. It would compare to Kioti ck27. with the KL130 FEL... which lifts 1155lbs.

The comparable mahindra... lifts 1402 lbs.

Mahindra's BIG 28 hp lifts over 1600lbs...

That was Dave's point. I think.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Changes often!

Art, your idea to turn a positive (Mahindra 5-year warranty) into a negative is reminiscent of a paid political advertisement. Twisted logic that falls on it's face once considered. I know you are an experienced tractor guy, and I respect your knowledge, so let me respond politely.

Mahindra gives a 5 year parts and labor warranty and kubota charges (as far as I know) for the extended warranty. Kubota corporate calculated the cost to cover the extended time period for defects on a Kubota and came up with a substantial cost, hence the extra charge for this optional coverage. So your implication that there is just no need for such a thing with a Kubota doesn't reason well. No doubt Kubota builds a very solid machine, but they are not above having an issue now and then. Better than most? Yep, I'll agree to that. They have built a good reputation doing just that, but I'll put that 3616 up against a L3400/3800 any day as far as quality and features.

Now concerning the cost of some of the filters, some are more than I feel they should be. Yet it is hardly uncommon for the cost of a filter for almost any tractor brand to surprise you when you compare it with automotive filters which is our baseline of thought regarding filter prices for most customers But a $30-$40 high quality HST filter that needs changed every couple of years isn't really a show stopper for most folks. What is that, a half tank of gas in the car? Kubota parts aren't cheap either, you must occasionally cringe when giving a customer a part price. You may very well have a price advantage on the filters, I really don't know as I have not compared.
    Dave
    Dave's Tractor, Inc.
    Red Bluff, California

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Changes often!

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1244 View Post
    The DK40 is a strong tractor, no doubt. I was referring to the interesting fact that the relatively small Max series have substantial lift capacity compared to some larger tractors that are orange and not Kioti.

But along the lines of a heavier frame 40'ish HP tractor Mahindra has a simple old-school 4025-4wd at 41 HP that lifts 2866 lbs and a 42 HP 4530 that lifts 2950 lbs. But we are getting into quite a but heavier tractors.
    Dave
    Dave's Tractor, Inc.
    Red Bluff, California

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast