Tractor
    John Deere L118

Default which one

Looking to up-grade to a zero turn which should I get the John Deere Z245 or the John Deere Z425 or the Husqvarna RZ 4623 or something from the Toro line of Z turn mowers

Tractor
    John Deere 2032R

Default Re: which one

Personally, I won't not buy the Husqvarna, have had nothing but bad luck with them. However I have a John Deere, commercial grade 2006 717A with 190 hours on it and a few upgrades. I'd sell for $4200, but I won't drive it to you! :-). But either way stick with a Deere!

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    massey GC 2400 JD LA 145

More money, but I am looking at Scag, I think it's a better mower

Tractor
    deerelx277 and kubota bx1850

I would recommend a John Deere commercial mower(not big box store) but I would also look at Dixie Chopper

Tractor
    John Deere 2305, 2320,Z465

I have a z465 which is a great mower. If your lawn is rough the machine bounces all over the place which doesn't give a great cut. If you slow down your fine.Other then that it awesome. Good luck in your hunt for the right machine for your needs.
    Carefull what you aim for, Aim for nothing and you will achieve it with amazing accuracy.

I think it depends on how much you are mowing. I set out to buy a SCAG or Exmark a few years ago and ended up with a JD 425. The main reason I changed my plans was because of looming layoffs at work, but when I really got to thinking about it a commercial mower was hard to justify for an acre and 30 hours per year of use. I then started looking at residential models and went to get a Exmark residential model and ended up bringing the JD home. There were things I liked about it better than the Exmark residential and the SCAG residential was about $1,000 more.

Do I wish I had bought a commercial, yes, but just because I like heavy duty well built machines. But for the money I have used mine 4 years and have 100 hours on it without any problems (two droughts have kept the hours down a little). An hour of use per week it is just hard to justify a $7,000 mower when a $4,000 is doing a good job and is going to last a long time in that situation. Pick the machine to match the work I guess is what I am saying.