Thinking about buying a high hr Kabota

/ Thinking about buying a high hr Kabota #1  

Avidpulp

Tractor
Mahindra 7010 cab/loader.yanmar cbl 40 loader and BH kabota b6200, cub cadet 1050 lawn mower
Hi Guys, new here and lookin for some advice. I am considering purchasing a kabota bx 1800 with 2900hrs on it. comes with a mmm, front blower, 4 ft 3 ph blade and a heated cab. Asking price around 5 k canadian. It has the options I want but the hrs scare me. Do you think the HST is going to give me trouble with that kind of hrs? What else can I expect to go wrong with it? I would appreciate any advice!:confused:

/ Thinking about buying a high hr Kabota #2  
That is a lot of hours, but if well maintained it should have a lot of life left in it.

I had an old L245 that had a lot more hours than that and ran and worked just fine. Actually the engine still had the same power as new and ran perfect.

/ Thinking about buying a high hr Kabota
That is a lot of hours, but if well maintained it should have a lot of life left in it.

I had an old L245 that had a lot more hours than that and ran and worked just fine. Actually the engine still had the same power as new and ran perfect.
Thanks for the advice, it has recently come of a township fleet so I assume it was well maintained, the township usually does regular maitinace to there geer, so says my freind who worked there. Price is pretty fair for canadian standards I d say. It will match my saws too ( Husky 365 special) !

/ Thinking about buying a high hr Kabota #4  
When considering used equipment a good visual inspection of the machine can do alot to indicate condition. Check the deck closely for cracks and wear, steering play, tires and wheel damage, engine oil and other fluids for contamination or leaks. New parts can add up fast so if you see anything you are thinking of replacing check on the cost of these items first.

Now a KUBOTA (spelling) with 2300 hrs on it in about 10 years can still be a good mower and I wouldn't be overly worried about the hydrostatic transmission. I would expect some signs of normal wear and tear but if it has been well maintained and looks it I would give it a chance.

Thanks for the advice, it looked in pretty good shape, deck needs a weld in one spot but no signs of leaks, stearing is tight, tires and rims show no sign of abuse. I guess I am used to seeing those compacts with 200-800 hrs so when I checked and it was 2900 I was a little spooked! Now I have done a bit of research I feel a bit better, especially if its not all banged up. Thanks again for your input!

/ Thinking about buying a high hr Kabota #6  
Thanks for the advice, it has recently come of a township fleet so I assume it was well maintained, the township usually does regular maitinace to there geer, so says my freind who worked there. Price is pretty fair for canadian standards I d say. It will match my saws too ( Husky 365 special) !

You're on the right track man!!! :D

/ Thinking about buying a high hr Kabota #7  
2900 is no problem for the tractor, its alot on a mid mount mower. replacement mowers and parts are readily available, so no worries there. Price is right for what it is.

/ Thinking about buying a high hr Kabota #8  
We have several BX's that are about to hit the 5,000 hour mark that I know of. they have had no major issues although they have replaced or had spindles rebuilt and belts replaced. They are the BX2200's and are equipped with loaders and mowers and used as commercial mowers.

Thanks guys, this is great info and I feel alot more confident in purchasing this machine!

Just emailed a offer, hope they take it! Thanks guys!