Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7010 cab/loader.yanmar cbl 40 loader and BH kabota b6200, cub cadet 1050 lawn mower

Default Thinking about buying a high hr Kabota

Hi Guys, new here and lookin for some advice. I am considering purchasing a kabota bx 1800 with 2900hrs on it. comes with a mmm, front blower, 4 ft 3 ph blade and a heated cab. Asking price around 5 k canadian. It has the options I want but the hrs scare me. Do you think the HST is going to give me trouble with that kind of hrs? What else can I expect to go wrong with it? I would appreciate any advice!

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3800DT, L3750DT Shuttle

Default Re: Thinking about buying a high hr Kabota

That is a lot of hours, but if well maintained it should have a lot of life left in it.

I had an old L245 that had a lot more hours than that and ran and worked just fine. Actually the engine still had the same power as new and ran perfect.
    Don
    Kubota L3750 Hydro Shuttle, 4wd, FEL; L3800 Gear drive, 4wd, FEL
    Husqvarna XP chainsaws 346xp X3, 357xp, 562xp, 359

Tractor
    Mahindra 7010 cab/loader.yanmar cbl 40 loader and BH kabota b6200, cub cadet 1050 lawn mower

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegill2 View Post
    That is a lot of hours, but if well maintained it should have a lot of life left in it.

I had an old L245 that had a lot more hours than that and ran and worked just fine. Actually the engine still had the same power as new and ran perfect.
    Thanks for the advice, it has recently come of a township fleet so I assume it was well maintained, the township usually does regular maitinace to there geer, so says my freind who worked there. Price is pretty fair for canadian standards I d say. It will match my saws too ( Husky 365 special) !

Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

When considering used equipment a good visual inspection of the machine can do alot to indicate condition. Check the deck closely for cracks and wear, steering play, tires and wheel damage, engine oil and other fluids for contamination or leaks. New parts can add up fast so if you see anything you are thinking of replacing check on the cost of these items first.

Now a kubota (spelling) with 2300 hrs on it in about 10 years can still be a good mower and I wouldn't be overly worried about the hydrostatic transmission. I would expect some signs of normal wear and tear but if it has been well maintained and looks it I would give it a chance.

Tractor

Thanks for the advice, it looked in pretty good shape, deck needs a weld in one spot but no signs of leaks, stearing is tight, tires and rims show no sign of abuse. I guess I am used to seeing those compacts with 200-800 hrs so when I checked and it was 2900 I was a little spooked! Now I have done a bit of research I feel a bit better, especially if its not all banged up. Thanks again for your input!

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3800DT, L3750DT Shuttle

Quote Originally Posted by Avidpulp View Post
    Thanks for the advice, it has recently come of a township fleet so I assume it was well maintained, the township usually does regular maitinace to there geer, so says my freind who worked there. Price is pretty fair for canadian standards I d say. It will match my saws too ( Husky 365 special) !
    You're on the right track man!!!
    Don
    Kubota L3750 Hydro Shuttle, 4wd, FEL; L3800 Gear drive, 4wd, FEL
    Husqvarna XP chainsaws 346xp X3, 357xp, 562xp, 359

Elite Member
    Parts Supplier

2900 is no problem for the tractor, its alot on a mid mount mower. replacement mowers and parts are readily available, so no worries there. Price is right for what it is.

Tractor
    all makes and models

We have several BX's that are about to hit the 5,000 hour mark that I know of. they have had no major issues although they have replaced or had spindles rebuilt and belts replaced. They are the BX2200's and are equipped with loaders and mowers and used as commercial mowers.

Tractor

Thanks guys, this is great info and I feel alot more confident in purchasing this machine!

Tractor

Just emailed a offer, hope they take it! Thanks guys!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast