Anybody have a Minot

/ Anybody have a Minot #1  

ajamison

Tractor
none
I just saw one on the local Craigs List. All I know is they were sold at TSC, maybe the same as FarmPro tractors? Does anybody have one? Any opinions on how it would be for light homeowner use - mowing, moving mulch, snow etc.

/ Anybody have a Minot #2  
Yep, I've got one bought it new three ± years ago a 2007, it's a 204, 20 hp, 4 wheel drive.
Only a 100 hours on the clock and I had to split it, the cam bearing was turned and wasn't allowing any oil to the top end so it hosed the rocker arms and shaft. Parts were only $400 if I remember correctly.
Even knowing what I know now I'd have still bought it, it works great, all kinds of power, starts up every time with a touch of the glow plugs, easy on fuel. About the only bad thing I can say about it is that being a standard rather than a hydro it's awkward getting into and out of the seat but even saying that it's something you get used to.
I've got a backhoe, loader, scarifier I built, back blade and a landscape rake I use it for. Right now I'm clearing the back of my property so I'm using the scarifier a lot
The backhoe is light but if you know the limitations it beats a shovel all to pieces :)
Any other questions I can help you with give me a holler.....Mike