In the market for a new tractor and need help

/ In the market for a new tractor and need help #1  

SETexan

Tractor
New Holland T4020, NH TC48DA, Ford NAA GJ
I currently have a New Holland TC48da compact tractor. It doesn't have FWD or a FEL so, I am thinking of selling/trading and getting a FWD tractor. I have looked at the NH workmaster 55, JD 5055e, JD 4720, and JD 4320 all with FEL. All of the tractors i have looked seem to be inferior to the mine, JMO. The new tractor will be used to cut pasture, move dirt around, plant trees and stuff like that. I am looking for any advice on the above-mentioned tractors. I think the workmaster is by far the ugliest not that i would buy based on appearance, just sayin. I am unsure of the lower line JD (5055) and NH (workmaster) Indian assembled tractors. They are inexpensive for a reason I am guessing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Not looking to cause a color war just, if you have one of the above and are willing to share the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Last edited:
   / In the market for a new tractor and need help
The tractor prices i have gotten so far are as follows:

Used 2012 Workmaster 55 with FEL, MFWD and less than 200hrs $21.9k
New 2012 Workmaster 55 with FEL, MFWD $26.4k
New 2011 Workmaster 65 with FEL , MFWd $25.5k
New 2012 JD 5055e with FEL, MFWD $28.9k
New 2012 JD 4320 with FEL, MFWD -- no price yet, waiting on dealer
New 2012 JD 4720 with FEL, MFWD -- no price yet, waiting on dealer

I do have a Kubota dealer near by , i guess i could check with them

Last edited:
New 2012 JD 4320 with FEL, MFWD $33.2k
New 2012 JD 4720 with FEL, MFWD $37.9k
New 2012 Kubota MX5100 with FEL, MFWD $24.8k
New 2012 Case Farmall 50B with FEL, MFWD $23.5k

/ In the market for a new tractor and need help #4  
what dealers are close to you and welcome to TBN.

I have New Holland, Kubota (is the closest), John Deere (is the furthest) and Case

I wish my tractor had 4wd drive and i would just buy a FEL for it!

/ In the market for a new tractor and need help #7  
thats a good price on the kuboa tractor.

any problems with 5100 so, far?

by the way on the Kubota it is not Hydro static but a shuttle which i prefer...i'm pretty sure it is not HST but, have talked to too many tractor dealers to remember for sure

/ In the market for a new tractor and need help #10  
Let's start with the basics:

You say you don't like HST, I'd suggest you to try it, but it's a personal preference. I own both, and like both, if I were to buy again, it'd likely be a HST.

If you are dead set against HST, then I'd rule out the CUT's (compact utility tractors) and go straight for the big boys. They won't be as feature rich, but they will get a lot more work done. Assuming this, I'd automatically rule out the 4320/4720 JD, these are the only true compacts you have listed. The MX5100 is kind of on the border as too what I'd call it. It's listed by Kubota as a utility, but is more like an economy version of the larger Grand L's. The 5055E or Workmaster 55 will outspec it in just about every category. That said it's a very nice tractor, and will be more comfortable to operate than either of the true utility tractors. I would consider a M5140 a much closer comparison as it is a full blown utility tractor in my opinion.

I'd go test drive and see which you are most comfortable on. That will likely rule a few out right there.