Buying Advice LS 4041 or 4047

/ LS 4041 or 4047 #1  

Reeltruth

Tractor
Kubota MX 5100 Gear, L844 FEL, Land Pride 72' cutter, Bad Boy CZT 50
I am looking at buying either an LS 4041 or the 4047 shuttle. When put side by side they look identical. I really want to know how much difference I will notice in the 6 hp...I am good at falling into the bigger is better trap so I thought I would try to get some help from someone who might have had the same dilemma I'm facing. I was between Mahindra and LS the dealer close to me sells both and after comparing the two I found I really like the LS. Although the Mahindra is a really nice tractor as well and if I could I would own one of each...but that's not an option. I'm also wondering how LS offers so many standard features for such a great price. Any info ate advice will be great!!!

/ LS 4041 or 4047 #2  
Welcome, they are the same tractor. The only difference is the 6 hp. You will run out of traction before running out of power on either one. Unless there is something you need the extra pto hp for, I would go with 4041.

/ LS 4041 or 4047
Welcome, they are the same tractor. The only difference is the 6 hp. You will run out of traction before running out of power on either one. Unless there is something you need the extra pto hp for, I would go with 4041.

Thanks for the info. All I will be running right now is a 6ft md duty bush hog and a 70 inch roto tiller. I was considering going with the 4047 because of the Howse med duty bush hog. Again maybe I'm just thinking bigger is better. I see you have the 3039 have you been happy with it do far?

/ LS 4041 or 4047 #5  
Maybe more folks could see the LS forum if it wasnt so far from the bottom and maybe make it a dedicated site like the other major brands. For sure there are more LS inquiries than TYM.

/ LS 4041 or 4047
Uh oh; now I am considering buying the Mahindra 5035 or the LS 4047. I'm so confused.....I have not read anything bad about either one so I know it will not be a bad choice either way. Price is a little higher on the 5035 which might help make my decision up front but I might regret it in the long run. I know there are people on here that understand my delima!!!

/ LS 4041 or 4047 #7  
Thanks for the info. All I will be running right now is a 6ft md duty bush hog and a 70 inch roto tiller. I was considering going with the 4047 because of the Howse med duty bush hog. Again maybe I'm just thinking bigger is better. I see you have the 3039 have you been happy with it do far?

Yes, so far it has worked well.

/ LS 4041 or 4047 #8  
I have had a 4041 for a year and a bit now and have had no problems (that I didn't bring on myself) - good machine. Have just under 190hrs on her - mostly bush-hogging, snowblowing, wood-splitting, and tree hugging.

/ LS 4041 or 4047 #9  
I think when you compare side by side the features and quality the LS will win. I was lucky to find a dealer with Mahindra and LS side by side and the Mahindra looked absolutely awful beside the LS and as we all know, Mahindra red fades to pink pretty fast if left outside. So question is do you want a pink girly tractor or a blue manly one.

/ LS 4041 or 4047
Gary good call man!!! I have noticed how the red fades to pink, I surely don't want a pink tractor! You know blue is my favorite color. The dealer close to me has both and when comparing each one side by side I really liked the LS. I was looking at the 4041 and the dealer told me the 4047 is the same size but with 47 hp motor which sold me at the time. I think I need to stick with my gut and quit looking at other tractors and reviews on the net. What's the deal with the TnT mount and what are its pros and cons?