The search is ON!!!!

/ The search is ON!!!! #1  

70boss

Bronze Member
Tractor
Had a B7500
I sold my country property a year ago and moved into the city. We have just found the perfect city/country compromise and are now buying another new house.
7 acres, lots of trees, about 2 acres to mow, a bluegill/bass pond to maintain, and a huge shop....all 12 miles to work, and 5 miles to our capitol city!!

I had a Kubota B7500 that I used on our other property, no I need to figure what to get this time around. I love the Kubotas, but like all three top names...and there is a Deere dealership 1/2 mile down the road.

The property comes with a large Toro Groundsmaster 6 foot front mount mower, with cab, and 4 foot snowblower...so it makes sense to keep and use that for a while. BUT I HAVE TO HAVE A TRACTOR to play with. your suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Rob

/ The search is ON!!!! #2  
I'd say the Deere dealer half a mile away sure ought to get a good look. I have a Kubota store half a mile down my road and looked there first. Ironically, the Kubota wasn't comfortable for my height and I ended up with a used Deere. It's less convenient, for sure, for parts and all. Fortunately, the Kubota guy will do any servicing I need if I bring in the parts. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ The search is ON!!!! #3  
It sounds like it is VERY important that you shop very carefully /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Try machines from several dealers. Have them delivered and try them out. Occasionally even mow with the Toro.

Just think of all the fun you'll have shopping. Eventually you can even buy one /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif.

With any good brand having a dealer that close, I'd sure look hard at 'em.

/ The search is ON!!!! #4  
LOTS od fun , shopping for a new tractor /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif, take your time and pick out was is most comfortable for u.also might be a good idea to UPDATE your profile.

/ The search is ON!!!! #5  
Hello Rob!

I'm just spitting distance down the road from you, based on the clues in your post and your profile! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Which JD dealer are you talking about as being down the road? I've been wanting to visit some other JD dealers.

Your new property sounds exactly like what we've been looking for! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Enjoy your new homestead! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ The search is ON!!!! #6  
Having lived south (Verona), west (Middleton) and north (Rio) of Madison (as well as on Park Street), I'd say congratulations on finding your place. I have a BX2200 that works well for my property (and that's larger than yours)---but you could probably go up to a B7800/B2910 if you wanted.

For mowing, the BX series is terrific. Had I had it to do all over again, I would have gotten the BX22 for the backhoe (I got mine before that model was out). What (other than mowing) do you want to do with it?

/ The search is ON!!!! #7  
<font color="blue"> The property comes with a large Toro Groundsmaster 6 foot front mount mower, with cab, and 4 foot snowblower...so it makes sense to keep and use that for a while. </font>

Post pictures of the Toro!!! Those are very cool units. Get a leaf blower and you're all set.

/ The search is ON!!!! #8  
why limit yourself to the big three. take a look at a century or branson. they are your best value right now for your money as they are 3000 to 7000 less than the big three and are great tractors. And if you are nervouse about buying other than the big three just remenber the jd5000 and 6000 series tractors are made by the same manufacture that makes the century and branson. If you take the time and compare you will see why I am so sold on them. Just go look at them first and then compare the features and you will be sold to
leaddog